Truck parking closures

Well done to conor & the reporter at least she didnt take sides. I would have thought the editor might have made her come down on the locals side as its a local rag, upsetting the customers & all.
About time some of the National rags give us a break & lobby someone on parking issues.

I must of missed this post first time round. Excellent letter Conor :smiley:

Just wanted to say THANK YOU conor ,
wot a well worded letter full of FACTUAL information ,
not asking for rooms at the hilton , just some decent facilitys !

Off course.

“polish lorries with 4 drivers in them taking turns driving for days on end, bald tyres and willing to wee behind any bush.”

(from the comments under article)

THIS subject MUST surface every time. I am only waiting when I will see that in context of the Scottish Opera or Indian Cuisine. But this time, at least, this four Polish drivers, altough “driving for days” stopped to make their needs behind the bush, instead of just putting their bums outside the window :grimacing:

Should I consider it as a progress in common opinion on Polish truckers? :slight_smile:

Well said Conor. I have only one to disagree:

Over in continental Europe, the problem doesn’t exist. Lorry parks and dedicated truck stops are abundant as are rest areas with washing and toilet facilities. It’s only in the NIMBY UK that there’s a problem.

On some german motorways, for instance A2 Autobahn, there is sometimes no place to park a CAR during the night… But they have much bigger traffic

Ironicaly the Bath`s paper joined the anti truck campaign a few days later after the Wiltshire Times report of urinating drivers at a Melksham truck park with no toilets.The Bath Chronicle printed a story of inconvenienced local residents being blocked and delayed by artics stuck in small country lanes outside of Bath,as drivers followed sat nav directions in error.The local MP Don Foster has lobbied parliament to ask sat nav manufacturers to get their act together to improve HGV data.

Absolutely fantastic letter by Conor :sunglasses:
Interesting to read the responses on the newspaper website :open_mouth:
Seems truckers are probably more hated than bikers… I am a biker so am qualified to comment.

Ditto what everyone else has said also, the UK is an utter joke when it comes to infrastructure of any kind…Yet they want their cake the whole time.

wiltshiretimes.co.uk/yoursay … ong_blame/

bubsy06:
Truck drivers hit back at residents' complaints | Wiltshire Times

Conor and TNUK gets a mention :smiley:

Absolute rubbish report, most of those that commented on the report in comments section of this newspaper put in more effort than the reporter herself.

The residents still want Melksham truck park closed for trucks,under what legal grounds,im not sure about.Seems the council will listen to the residents.The truck/car park was built before the homes beside it.In todays Wiltshire Times,in the comments section,a reader,noted how can drivers peer in to properties while the vehicles are facing away from the wall,with the trailer near it,he noted that you would have to climb up to the trailer roof to peer in the houses,this doesnt occur here.And a comment section of the papers website,truckers were refered as filthy animals.And of fridges running all day on one particulr Sunday,and engines running all night,in the Winter,to keep drivers warm,presuming that their night heater had stopped working or one was not fitted with a night heater.Somehow Pam Wiltshire from Melksham council,used foreign drivers using the park,in to the debate,but in the original print of the story,i didnt see foreign drivers being reported about,and in last weeks edition,Pam Wiltshire highlighted the fact that it would enchourage British National Party,(BNP),support,and fuel a racist debate of which the complaining residents wrote to the paper to point out they did not want to support that,as they were pictured below a headline,about foreign drivers using the parking.As for a female expossing herself in the privacy of her own cab,why were the residents looking at her anyway to take notice.She can do what she wants in her cab,while on the road,it is a home.We see naked to half naked people at beaches,sports centre changing rooms,whats the big deal and fuss about a lone driver.

toby1234abc:
The residents still want Melksham truck park closed for trucks,under what legal grounds,im not sure about.Seems the council will listen to the residents.The truck/car park was built before the homes beside it.In todays Wiltshire Times,in the comments section,a reader,noted how can drivers peer in to properties while the vehicles are facing away from the wall,with the trailer near it,he noted that you would have to climb up to the trailer roof to peer in the houses,this doesnt occur here.And a comment section of the papers website,truckers were refered as filthy animals.And of fridges running all day on one particulr Sunday,and engines running all night,in the Winter,to keep drivers warm,presuming that their night heater had stopped working or one was not fitted with a night heater.Somehow Pam Wiltshire from Melksham council,used foreign drivers using the park,in to the debate,but in the original print of the story,i didnt see foreign drivers being reported about,and in last weeks edition,Pam Wiltshire highlighted the fact that it would enchourage British National Party,(BNP),support,and fuel a racist debate of which the complaining residents wrote to the paper to point out they did not want to support that,as they were pictured below a headline,about foreign drivers using the parking.As for a female expossing herself in the privacy of her own cab,why were the residents looking at her anyway to take notice.She can do what she wants in her cab,while on the road,it is a home.We see naked to half naked people at beaches,sports centre changing rooms,whats the big deal and fuss about a lone driver.

because by looking at the pic of the women in story that ran with conors peice thye look like they are still stuck in the 30s lol.
they forget folk live int heir cabs and if they are complaining bout folk peering into their homes, why the hell are they peering intot his lonely truckers home■■?
average of the women in the pic is about 75-80 i think lol.

Havent seen reports of the moaners offering the visting drivers the use of their loos in their houses.Cup of tea would have been nice too!!!In the Wiltshire Times comment boxes,a reader noted a local company using the park as a spare yard to park up company vehicles,is that illegal in the terms of a company Operating licence application,unless they have authority from VOSA to trade in a public truck park,by using it as “Operating centre”!In the same comment boxes,pathetically,young childred got used in the debate,as car drivers complained that their offspring may see drivers having a wee,or shock and horror,someone changing in their cabs.

LOL.they need to get a life and shares with Lidl for bleach and mops and bill the council.May be they are jealous and lonely for some trucker action.!!!

gogzy:
because by looking at the pic of the women in story that ran with conors peice thye look like they are still stuck in the 30s lol.
they forget folk live int heir cabs and if they are complaining bout folk peering into their homes, why the hell are they peering intot his lonely truckers home■■?
average of the women in the pic is about 75-80 i think lol.

Don’t worry, one of them is leaving. She has her vehicle ready for the flight :smiley:

I wonder if anyone told her who brought the Bleach & the witches mode of transport :laughing:

Taking the pee now,this is true account of what i have seen.Last night two drunk teenage girls peeing in bushes outside my house.A drunk young man weeing on the steps of an expensive Indian restaurant in Bristol,and yobs weed on my motorbike.