Trivial things that wind you up but shouldnt

Darkside:
Drivers who get out of their motors in the rain and leave the wipers running.

Good one. Or leaving the truck in (reverse) gear and hop out to open the trailer doors. Yeah I’ve seen that a few times. Also finding the truck parked not in N at the start of my shift.

yourhavingalarf:

OwenMoney:
Driver’s who claim poverty and never have change for the coffee

So…

Every driver I’ve ever met then. :smiley:

Some of us only deal in notes :sunglasses:

I’ve got 1 × £5 one on my wallet right now!

White van men who undertake at roundabouts because lorry drivers wages are topped uo by sensible computer driving.

toonsy:

yourhavingalarf:

OwenMoney:

So…

I’m seeing…

Cashless machines in more places now. Just hold yer card up and hey presto, tasteless warm sludgy tea and coffee is dispensed.

toonsy:

yourhavingalarf:

OwenMoney:

So…

Beggar - Bet the thing is stapled and glued so it doesn’t blow away - Shame i’ve only a note - !

edd1974:
Can I add people who tailgate ambulances . And fire engines although not police cars for some reason

You see them pull out let the ambulance through then there right up there backdoor as they know there have a clear run

Not always…

Saw a moron doing this once tailing an ambulance which was doing a red sea parting number on a dual - all of a sudden the ambo stopped and a paramedic got out worked some f’s into this Peugeot driver and then the ambo drove off - left Peugeot sitting straddling two lanes - er, can somebody let me in please :blush: :blush:

yourhavingalarf:
Drivers who pull off the bay a few feet then go round to close the doors, put a load-lock bar in, wipe the dust off the rear lights and then go round and check the fridge. You can do ALL of that somwhere else and whilst you’re doing it, I can get on the bay.

We have an alarming number of cretins at our place who insist on pulling forward then sitting stationary for 15 minutes so they can prove to the DVSA they have checked the truck over. Almost all of them will vacate the cab at some point and disappear for 5 minutes. No doubt sneaking their last coffee/■■■/whinge about the company in before they depart :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

• Driving in hi-vis vests.
  • Those who drape hi-vis jackets over their passenger seats.
  • Companies with grandiose but inane and meaningless slogans. Such as “Reimagining the world’s supply chain”, or “Global Cold Chain Solutions”.
  • Small-time companies who try to call themselves “logistics”.
  • Practically any truck or trailer with “logistics”, “solutions”, or “group” written on the side.

Any company that call their staff “associates”
Anyone who talks BS in a drivers room
Anyone that believes and then tries relaying to me that said BS they heard in a drivers room
Anyone who doesn’t check their inside drive tyres when doing a walk-around daily check
Anyone who believes they should be treated like a [zb]ing rockstar because… they drive a truck
Frilly curtains
Half closed curtains
Dream catchers
Automated 5 min burst air fresheners

Ok I’m stopping now, not because I’m done but because I can’t be arsed to type any more annoyances

I’d just like to add that on the whole I’m a kinda happy go lucky chap :laughing: :laughing:

OwenMoney:

toonsy:

yourhavingalarf:

OwenMoney:

So…

Beggar - Bet the thing is stapled and glued so it doesn’t blow away - Shame i’ve only a note - !

Its been in there that long im nkt even sure its legal tender any more :laughing:

Luke C in a HGV :imp:

Drivers who pull into a (mostly) empty MSA and park alongside the kerb rather than in a bay. I just don’t get it. Especially the ones who do it at Clackett Lane anti clockwise. They make it ridiculously awkward to get an artic out of the bays opposite that kerb in the far corner.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

you lying git toonsy, i noticed 2 missing off the bedroom curtains the other night… :laughing:

Name plates. 3/4 length trousers. Crocs
People that press the button on a pedestrian crossing when you are 50 yards away from it, walk straight across and by the time you get there, the light has gone red and said bell end is well away

m.a.n rules:
you lying git toonsy, i noticed 2 missing off the bedroom curtains the other night… :laughing:

Yeah she had to buy some clap cream to soothe her lady parts.

You can dab some on yourself next time you’re round :laughing:

i’m starting to think madam toonsy may work at the club just up the road from your yard… :open_mouth: :wink:

Suedehead:
People that press the button on a pedestrian crossing when you are 50 yards away from it, walk straight across and by the time you get there, the light has gone red and said bell end is well away

I would so love to bring the wagon to a sudden stop, get out, frog-march said bellend back across the road (preferably at gunpoint), make him press the button again and wait for the green man before telling him (Phil Mitchell style) ‘That’s how it’s done, don’t you ever cross when there’s a red man showing. I’ll find out where you live and I’ll come for you if you do’

Em, getting a bit carried away here.

We have an ibc tank of adblue full truck using empty containers.
Really hate people who stab holes into the top.of the containers.
Some have more holes that a watering can.
And end up with more on the floor over your boots than in the tank

■■■■ perfectionists who tie up internals at the back of the trailer, thinking they are clever…there is no NEED for it ! :bulb: .
All it does is make the rest of us have to climb on the back to untie the ■■■■ things, just leave them hanging !! :imp:

HGV drivers who join the M74 north or south from junction 5 and go straight in to the third lane causing a bottleneck even though they have nearly 2 miles before they need to do so :imp: