Toys R Us and Maplins go down

Ah well :neutral_face: ,…So anyway, where can I buy a Sylvanian Family set and a 24 volt inverter now ■■?
:laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:
Well I apologize then Luke, as I read it, your words seemed to appear as if being gay was full of sacrifices, hence my victim comment, as I also said, I thought better of you, so clearly I wasn’t trying to misinterpret you to satisfy my own agenda. As for the gender thing, it’s all I seem to read about now, there’s a big thing going on about it in a school in BC and as I view my news online, the algorithms have picked up on my interest in that story and keep posting stories to my news feed, quite scary when you think about it, targeted news stories, very easy to influence thoughts and behavioral patterns. I do try to balance things by viewing both left and right wing news sites, but they all get their “news” from Thompson Reuters or the Associated Press anyway, so that’s not achieving much of anything.

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

Ah ok cross wires it seems, no worries.

robroy:
Ah well :neutral_face: ,…So anyway, where can I buy a Sylvanian Family set and a 24 volt inverter now ■■?
[emoji38] [emoji38]

Now this is way off topic [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
I was hoping to get a response about how a gay man views the new gender fluid craze, my thinking is that it is an insult to the struggles gay men (and women) have had to face to become accepted in society.

There is a huge difference between ■■■■■■■■■ and gender identity. A lot of confusion arises from the addition of transsexual to the lesbian, gay and bisexual identity. Something which I think doesn’t please either group.

I’ll also add that the phrase “new gender fluid craze” diminishes the issues trans people have had. Gender dysphoria has existed for a long time and evidence exists in records that it was present in Victorian times. Whereas homosexuality has (quite rightly IMO) broken ground and become more acceptable in society, transgenderism has had a stigma attached to it that survived the breaking down of walls which surrounded same ■■■ relationships.

If we’re on this subject of ■■■■■■■■■ etc…
I have never understood the throwing around willy nilly (usually used by loud outspoken gay men, the likes of that Gob ■■■■■ Peter Tatchell, and usually used to stifle an argument or a valid point :unamused: ) of the word ‘‘Homophobia’’

I am a big believer in live and let live, if a guy is gay, so be it, he’s gay,…not a problem whatsoever to me.

I don’t want to single out Luke here, but seeing as he has came on and used himself as an example, …
I would say that like a lot of guys on here (or a certain few) , if I met him in a cafe pub or ferry etc, I’m sure we would get on fine, why wouldn’t we ? he’s a driver like me. His ■■■■■■■■■ would not enter my mind for a second, …as with anybody else.

If somebody has a different ■■■■■■ persuasion to me, then crack on, I don’t care, UNLESS they either come on to me, or try and (I’m trying hard not to use innuendos here boys, but fill yer boots :smiley: ) ram it down my throat or flaunt it in my face. :neutral_face:

If a guy says ‘‘I hate all gays’’… yeh he’s homophobic.
If a mate said to me ‘‘Met a girl at weekend, Jeez was she…’’ and went into gory details, I’d have a laugh about it, as guys do.
On the other hand if a gay guy told me the same tale with some other guy, I’d be rather uncomfortable with it, …and yeh I’ll admit it, I’d be a bit put off and disgusted., but does that make me ‘Homophobic’’ or is it just one of the aspects that make me ‘Straight’.

Christ this is the heaviest and deepest discussion I’ve ever had about Toys r us. :laughing:

robroy:
If somebody has a different ■■■■■■ persuasion to me, then crack on, I don’t care, UNLESS they either come on to me, or try and (I’m trying hard not to use innuendos here boys, but fill yer boots :smiley: ) ram it down my throat or flaunt it in my face. :neutral_face:

Surely that’s a homophobic statement by itself…

Apply that same statement to women, would you only be flattered if the female “coming on to you” was young, pretty and fit? what if she was old, ugly, fat? And what of the flaunting? the amount of cleavage some ladies show on a night out is mind boggling (especially in this weather), do you give the “girls” a sneaky sideways admiring look or are you disgusted and outraged at their show of brazen ■■■■■■■■■?

It always amazes me as well how many straight males always think that a gay man is some kind of ■■■■■■ predator and is only accepted in society as long as he is tame, quiet and can resist the urge of getting ■■■■■■ with the balding, sweaty, fat guy that often states “as long as he dont try it on wiv me he’s alrite”. My point being that if women aren’t falling at your feet demanding ■■■■■■ gratification then what makes you think a gay male would?

Edit:
Added a little more for clarification.

I only came in here to read the latest on toys r us :open_mouth:

Don’t know how a topic about toys turned into what it has,well scrap that maybe I do… :laughing:

Anyway,seems New Look will be the next one to sink…

Captain Caveman 76:

newmercman:
I was hoping to get a response about how a gay man views the new gender fluid craze, my thinking is that it is an insult to the struggles gay men (and women) have had to face to become accepted in society.

There is a huge difference between ■■■■■■■■■ and gender identity. A lot of confusion arises from the addition of transsexual to the lesbian, gay and bisexual identity. Something which I think doesn’t please either group.

I’ll also add that the phrase “new gender fluid craze” diminishes the issues trans people have had. Gender dysphoria has existed for a long time and evidence exists in records that it was present in Victorian times. Whereas homosexuality has (quite rightly IMO) broken ground and become more acceptable in society, transgenderism has had a stigma attached to it that survived the breaking down of walls which surrounded same ■■■ relationships.

I’m not talking about genuine trans people, those that live their life as the opposite ■■■, at least sometimes or people that have gender reassignment.

The craze I’m referring to is the sudden explosion of the fluid nature of gender. One day they want to be a boy, the next a girl, that’s not a genuine trans person, that’s just attention seeking.

newmercman:
I’m not talking about genuine trans people, those that live their life as the opposite ■■■, at least sometimes or people that have gender reassignment.

The craze I’m referring to is the sudden explosion of the fluid nature of gender. One day they want to be a boy, the next a girl, that’s not a genuine trans person, that’s just attention seeking.

The same could be said about the explosion of people who declared themselves homosexual. Attitudes change, people are no longer afraid to be who they want to be. Even if they don’t know what that is.

Terminology changes too, even up to a few years ago gender fluid people would be labelled as 'transvestites and assumed to be ■■■■■■ deviants. Although there was no law forbidding it (unlike homosexuality) it was still frowned upon by society.

Scientific understanding changes too. A few decades ago it was easy to identify the gender of a new born baby, just look between it’s legs. As science advances we realise that the picture is a lot less clear cut.

Reef:

robroy:

Apply that same statement to women, would you only be flattered if the female “coming on to you” was young, pretty and fit? what if she was old, ugly, fat? And what of the flaunting? the amount of cleavage some ladies show on a night out is mind boggling (especially in this weather), do you give the “girls” a sneaky sideways admiring look or are you disgusted and outraged at their show of brazen ■■■■■■■■■?

So apply that question to a lesbian and the LGBT lobby.Would she be disgusted by a man admiring her knockers and asking her out.Or would she say fine thanks for the compliment.At which point as I said the LGBT lot would then suddenly show their true colours when the man says let’s not let gender stand in the way of a good thing I can do lesbian too as well as any woman can regardless of my gender.Oh wait gender suddenly then becomes all too important. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I’m a child of the 60s, closer to a telegram from Her Majesty than the womb, this definitely influences my comprehension of these things. My daughter posted a picture of my grandson pushing a pram a couple of days ago and I have to be honest, I was not impressed. I know it isn’t going to influence his ■■■■■■■■■ in any way, he’s just pushing a pram along, but my instinctive reaction was that it was wrong, he’s a little boy, he shouldn’t be doing that, yet I used to push my kids around in a pram when they were little and his Dad pushed him and his sister around, so it’s strange that my reaction was what it was, how does that make any sense?

Reef:

robroy:

It always amazes me as well how many straight males always think that a gay man is some kind of ■■■■■■ predator and is only accepted in society as long as he is tame, quiet and can resist the urge of getting ■■■■■■ with the balding, sweaty, fat guy that often states “as long as he dont try it on wiv me he’s alrite”. My point being that if women aren’t falling at your feet demanding ■■■■■■ gratification then what makes you think a gay male would?

Edit:
Added a little more for clarification.

Which part of my post is in your opinion ‘Homophobic’ then.?
I’m.assuming you mean the bit that you quoted, …but if so, how tf is a straight guy who prefers attractive women to fat ugly women, or admires attractive women,… homophobic exactly?
Fattist, uglyist or something equally as ridiculous maybe,… but homophobic?..that one has gone right over my swede mate. :neutral_face:
It’s the actions of an everyday straight bloke. :bulb:
Anyway I already have a trophy wife :smiley: , who is a bit younger than me, so I’m more than satisfied with what I have. :sunglasses:

Secondly;…
Bald? …Yeh, ok fair play.
Fat ? … Arguably, but tall with a big frame to carry it off.
Sweaty?..No way Pedro. :smiley:

About 2 yrs ago after leaving my mates after a few pints and waiting in the freezing cold for my boy to pick me up, I though ‘‘■■■■ this I’ll go and sit in that bar and look for him out of the window’’.
After about 5 mins this guy came and sat on my table and struck up a conversation.
Now call me naive or a bit slow, but it took me about 5 or so minutes for me to realise I was being chatted up. :open_mouth:

Now if I was homopobic he would most probably have got a right hander, but I aint, so I just made it blindingly obvious by looks and body language, (and a couple of words) , that I was NOT interested.
He got the message and said ‘Do you want me to leave you in peace’’ to which I replied ‘‘You got that dead right mate’’

So what should I have done then?
Pretended to be interested so as not to offend him? :open_mouth:
By you suggesting that I am/was homophobic just illustrates the point I was trying to make in my previous post bud. :bulb:

■■■■■■■■■ is a private matter .If i was gay ,a woman a ■■■■■■, a ■■■■■■ ,Or straight ! What business is it of anyone other than me .I must admit that the kids of today are a bit more vocal about it ,But i ignore it.I could not care what your pursuasions are as long as you are a descent interesting person.
How did this go from Toys r us to this ■■?

How did it go from Toys R Us to this? Well someone mentioned that Mothercare would be next, I said that it doesn’t surprise me with all this gender fluid nonsense and it sor of spiralled from there.

It’s a delicate subject and it says a lot about the participants that it hasn’t descended into a gong show, not what people would expect from a bunch of knuckle dragging lorry drivers.