Top Gear Thread

Dogmatix:

Fastrantiger:
Top Gear this Sunday DONT MISS

thanks for the tip, I would’nt watch Jeremy ‘up my own arse’ Clarkson if you paid me, though the other two blokes are ok. Top Gear was pretty good until Clarkson got in on the act.

Tiger.

Which would be since the series ever started then?

Former presenters were Angela Rippon, Noel Edmonds, William Woollard, and now Jeremy Clarkson. The show started in 1977.

Tiger.

Oh!! I stand corrected, thanks for info… Just thought it was next week for some strange reason.

Fastrantiger:
Former presenters were Angela Rippon, Noel Edmonds, William Woollard, and now Jeremy Clarkson. The show started in 1977.

Don’t forget Chris Goffey, the best presenter by far. Walks all over Clarkson.

Stan

I dont think anyone who slags Clarkson off really understands him :stuck_out_tongue:

William Woolard and Chris Goffey were wonderful demonstrating the electric wipers on a Vauxhall Viva or the merits of a square steering wheel on an Austin Allergy.

Wheel Nut:
I dont think anyone who slags Clarkson off really understands him :stuck_out_tongue:

Correct, absolutely spot on - but there again I don;t want to understand him, I just want someone who can present a programme without having his arrogant finger stuck up his arse.

Wheel Nut:
William Woolard and Chris Goffey were wonderful demonstrating the electric wipers on a Vauxhall Viva or the merits of a square steering wheel on an Austin Allergy.

Yep they never got around to demonstrating how to blow a caravan up or race a 200mph car that no-one can afford around a racetrack.

Shame on them!

Stan

For those who don’t like any/some/all of the Top Gear presenters check out Top Gear Australia, almost the same titles, same set, same sort of challenges but three different presenters, although you can quickly work out which one is playing the Clarkson, May and Hammond roles. They have broadcast 5 episodes of their first series and the three I have watched so far have been pretty good.

Does anyone know if this episode tonight is the one where they got a truck stuck in a street in Brighton?

Or is that a different filming incident?

Scarab:
Does anyone know if this episode tonight is the one where they got a truck stuck in a street in Brighton?

Or is that a different filming incident?

might be as they are going to find out how hard it is to be a hgv driver

If Top Gear kept iit’s old format then it would no longer be shown. It worked ok in the 79’s early 80’s when we only had 3 or 4 channels, but now forget it. And if there wasn’t Top Gear we’d have to put up with even more shows about cooking or talentless wannabe’s trying to sing or more episode of Eastenders, Holby City. Or more of most of the other dross that seem to be on.
Even my Mum find Top Gear enteraining, she’d never have watched the old stuff.

muckles:
If Top Gear kept iit’s old format then it would no longer be shown. It worked ok in the 79’s early 80’s when we only had 3 or 4 channels, but now forget it. And if there wasn’t Top Gear we’d have to put up with even more shows about cooking or talentless wannabe’s trying to sing or more episode of Eastenders, Holby City. Or more of most of the other dross that seem to be on.
Even my Mum find Top Gear enteraining, she’d never have watched the old stuff.

true, top gear is proper entertainment.

ON NOW

thanks for the reminder… sky + :laughing: :wink:

Now now - what ever would VOSA make of Jeremys windscreen…tsk tsk tsk!

And as for the traction control in that Man…

Very funny but the murder comments just go to prove he is a prat of the first order

rabbitboy:
Very funny but the murder comments just go to prove he is a prat of the first order

Must admit it touched a nerve with me aswell :angry:

rabbitboy:

When I left my IT job to become a wagon driver my “mates” there gave me a spade as part of my leaving present so I could bury all the prostitutes I murdered…

Paul

Suedehead:

rabbitboy:

Must admit it touched a nerve with me aswell :angry:

SENCE OF HUMOUR TURN IT OFF IF YOU DONT LIKE IT

You would have thought they would have had them try to reverse them!

Paul

I have not laughed that much for a very long time - very very funny IMHO