Top 3 worst truck driving jobs?

i find the satisfaction comes when you start a job you know deep down its not for you, you hate it from the off its really low end and nobody there has any time for you smirking behind your back -but you still stay- because you hate change ,then about 5yrs later you find you really love it youve worked it around into a really nice number and you are smiling , the smirkers are long gone they couldnt hack it- you see them about theyre never smiling

One job I would hate is delivering to RDCs, I never minded it when you could sit/lay in your cab, but sitting in a pen with people I have no desire to talk or listen to is my idea of a bad time. The same goes for any job with obsessive HSE procedures, I’m not very good at dealing with anything that goes beyond common sense and self preservation.

Other than that, if the money reflects the work I do, I’d do pretty much anything.

Wheel Nut:

sammym:
You also need to add driving for a cash and carry to the list. Here is a 15 year old rigid. Take it to the most inapropriate place and handball tons off - the staff at the shops will watch and never offer to help, they will enjoy seeing the white man suffer. Never again.

I would add Asian cash and carry to that list, never driven for one but delivered to many. I have never heard anyone been spoken to like that in my whole life, drivers getting a rollicking in front of the whole office. Racism works both ways!

I agree, I used to feel sorry for the P and H staff who Asian forecourt staff used to expect them to be shelf stackers whilst Gupta stood and watched them, occasionally ringing his mates.

Muckaway:

Wheel Nut:

sammym:
You also need to add driving for a cash and carry to the list. Here is a 15 year old rigid. Take it to the most inapropriate place and handball tons off - the staff at the shops will watch and never offer to help, they will enjoy seeing the white man suffer. Never again.

I would add Asian cash and carry to that list, never driven for one but delivered to many. I have never heard anyone been spoken to like that in my whole life, drivers getting a rollicking in front of the whole office. Racism works both ways!

I agree, I used to feel sorry for the P and H staff who Asian forecourt staff used to expect them to be shelf stackers whilst Gupta stood and watched them, occasionally ringing his mates.

I got banned from working for a similar company at a petrol station delivery in Sheffield. Wasn’t an Asian it was a big fat white woman that tipped me over the edge.

Can’t remember what she said but my response was I’ll get them off the truck and you can stack them yourself you fat ■■■■

Only took them two weeks to ask me to come back, it was that good a job

I’m fortunate where I work in that we don’t do shops/takeaways run by our “colonial cousins” so we don’t get the hassle of them expecting us to be storemen. My regular customers I will put stuff in certain places but I quote a made up rule about not being insured to carry stuff upstairs.

Multi drop days
Multi drop nights
Multi drop store deliveries :slight_smile: