TomTom traffic problems

Just for info, doing a factory reset cured the problem again so shall see how long it lasts this time. As a small aside the ‘live traffic’ subscription says it expires in 2031 - I’ll be 73 then and hopefully no longer on the road, but if I am I’ll report back., :smiley:

simcor:

RIPPER:

simcor:

RIPPER:
The 6250 has a built in sim to receive traffic, trouble is it uses 2G technology from vodafone i believe…2G bandwidth is slowly being reduced and will eventually be phased out altogether.
To solve this you just need to tether the tomtom to your phone which presumably is 4G or 5G, works fine like this.
Of course it kind of defeats the object of buying the more expensive 6250 over the 6200 which has to be tethered to your phone for traffic to work but hey…like has been said these devices are getting on for 4 or 5 years old now but still work great as long as the updates keep coming

I have the 6200 with subscription and my 6200 has an in built SIM card same as the 6250.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

OK didn’t know that…so what’s the difference? Did you get lifetime traffic and speedcam updates?

6250 has a better processor I believe and it’s not a lifetime subscription, I pay yearly for speed cameras and possibly traffic, can’t remember off hand. There isn’t a great deal of difference between the 2.

The 6250 I have is free everything, maps, live services and cameras, but it’s old now, it was replaced by the TOMTOM go expert, the 6250 is slow in comparison and mustn’t rush it else it crashes. The TomTom go expert does not have a SIM card though Tom Tom did say they are going to release it with a SIM card version but it was down for release this time last year, but nothing yet.
Another minus point cameras and live services involve a yearly subscription.
Tethered to the phone it doesn’t use much, less than a gig a week.

Though I’m sure that I’ve read that if you don’t update regularly TomTom will deem it is not active and stop the updates.

Washwipe:

simcor:

RIPPER:

simcor:

RIPPER:
The 6250 has a built in sim to receive traffic, trouble is it uses 2G technology from vodafone i believe…2G bandwidth is slowly being reduced and will eventually be phased out altogether.
To solve this you just need to tether the tomtom to your phone which presumably is 4G or 5G, works fine like this.
Of course it kind of defeats the object of buying the more expensive 6250 over the 6200 which has to be tethered to your phone for traffic to work but hey…like has been said these devices are getting on for 4 or 5 years old now but still work great as long as the updates keep coming

I have the 6200 with subscription and my 6200 has an in built SIM card same as the 6250.

OK didn’t know that…so what’s the difference? Did you get lifetime traffic and speedcam updates?

6250 has a better processor I believe and it’s not a lifetime subscription, I pay yearly for speed cameras and possibly traffic, can’t remember off hand. There isn’t a great deal of difference between the 2.

The 6250 I have is free everything, maps, live services and cameras, but it’s old now, it was replaced by the TOMTOM go expert, the 6250 is slow in comparison and mustn’t rush it else it crashes. The TomTom go expert does not have a SIM card though Tom Tom did say they are going to release it with a SIM card version but it was down for release this time last year, but nothing yet.
Another minus point cameras and live services involve a yearly subscription.
Tethered to the phone it doesn’t use much, less than a gig a week.

Though I’m sure that I’ve read that if you don’t update regularly TomTom will deem it is not active and stop the updates.

Yeah that sounds about right.

I worked out at the time the extra cost to buy the 6250 with lifetime updates Vs the 6200 with yearly subscription worked out to be about the same cost in total, based on how long I’d plan to keep it for, before they stop supporting it like most tech and I’d buy a new one by then most likely.

I did get my 6200 for a cheap price as I’d won a gift voucher at work and used my Halfords 15% discount card as well at the time to buy it.

Mine did the same. Make sure you back everything up to My Drive over WiFi at home, then do a full factory reset. When it comes back on sign in to my drive again, do any updates required and you should be good to go again.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk