TOM TOM flash deals

shullbit:
Xgody paid £30 for mine about 5 years ago, has never let me down, updated the maps to the latest ones a couple of weeks ago.

Same here bought one@ £30 delivered then dropped it after 3yrs getting out of cab.
Bought a 2nd one@ £35 delivered 3yrs ago and still going strong never let me down although don’t need it now on Tesco work!!! Lol
Why pay £350+ I can’t work out!!!

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

trevorking1964:
As already said, add in a bit of common sense and ya good.
I do believe in the right tools for any job.
Makes life so much easier.

I’ve just spent £3k getting my class 1 license. So as a new driver it’s worth spending another £300 to ensure… I get the best custom route for the hight, weight, width & length of my vehicle. not only showing which junction to take, but the right Lane to be in at each junction, with live traffic, road works & speed camera info.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

WideWolf:

trevorking1964:

I’ve just spent £3k getting my class 1 license. So as a new driver it’s worth spending another £300 to ensure… I get the best custom route for the hight, weight, width & length of my vehicle. not only showing which junction to take, but the right Lane to be in at each junction, with live traffic, road works & speed camera info.

Absolutely!

(And you can also get all of that with a free app on your phone)

I do prefer dedicated kit for the job.
I use my phone for phone calls and my sat nav to know where I’m going.

stu675:

WideWolf:

trevorking1964:

Absolutely!

I use Google maps SatNav on my phone in the car once or twice a month and find it a nuisance having to take my phone out of its case every time and having notifications interrupt my directions.
Plus compared to the 7" screen of the Tomtom even my Galaxy S23 Ultra presents a tiny display to navigate from.

I’m waiting for the version of the Tomtom app for truck for iPhone to come out. As the android version is available now.

Anyone find tomtom maps are way behind google maps? Nowhere near as good.

They’re expensive because they don’t sell many of them, compared to the car products and they require extra effort to get them working correctly with all the restrictions.

WideWolf:
Thanks for the Heads up.
As a new driver I was literally just about to buy one from Amazon at full price.

You are welcome pal!
I think the Amazon units are without the case, not sure.

peirre:
How much did we pay for the ones on “very” several years ago when they mis-priced them?

Yeah I remember them on another forum,I sold mine on ebay…

md1987:

WideWolf:

md1987:
How much! :open_mouth:
Is that normal for one?

Normal Amazon price is £350.

It sounds a lot compared to a standard Car SatNav.

I suppose it depends how much you value not being sent down unsuitable roads, over weak bridges or under low bridges.

Each to their own I guess. Managed so far without one. Google Maps, an atlas and some common sense. Oh and asking other drivers for a heads up.
I’ll keep hold of my 350 notes and have a few pints with it instead lol.

Look tite ■■■, it’s not for you we get it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :slight_smile:

WideWolf:

stu675:

WideWolf:

trevorking1964:

Absolutely!

I use Google maps SatNav on my phone in the car once or twice a month and find it a nuisance having to take my phone out of its case every time and having notifications interrupt my directions.
Plus compared to the 7" screen of the Tomtom even my Galaxy S23 Ultra presents a tiny display to navigate from.

Absolutely, you can have a dedicated thing for the job. But 7 inches compared with 6.8 inches, that’s a bit harsh calling one of them tiny! [emoji23]

stu675:

WideWolf:

stu675:

WideWolf:

trevorking1964:

Absolutely!

Absolutely, you can have a dedicated thing for the job. But 7 inches compared with 6.8 inches, that’s a bit harsh calling one of them tiny! [emoji23]

S23u is a long narrow screen rather than the more squarer screen of the Tomtom.
When viewing a map horizontally the squarer aspect ratio makes a lot of difference.

Also larger more powerful phones tend to get rather hot when used as a SatNav for prelonged periods due the addition cpu usage of the GPS module and the need to have them constantly on charge to counteract the hight power draw of constant GPS usage.

shullbit:
Xgody paid £30 for mine about 5 years ago, has never let me down, updated the maps to the latest ones a couple of weeks ago.

Igo maps. Currently on 2022 Q4. I did mine when the new release came out about a month ago.

Ken.

mrginge:
I was lucky a few years ago getting my Tomtom truck nav for £149 on very.co.uk when the price should have been £419. Im not being funny within reason using that and Google maps I get around Europe no bother and my boss thinks I know what im doing.

Not forgetting the £50.00 cashback from Tomtom, mine still going strong.