toleman

I thought it was. Our yard is there now, amongst others.

thanks for the photos/topic.thouroghly enjoyed reading and seeing the “old school” at work.im currently on an eleven plus for spirit autologistics aka richard lawson,my previous employer.

buck73:
thanks for the photos/topic.thouroghly enjoyed reading and seeing the “old school” at work.im currently on an eleven plus for spirit autologistics aka richard lawson,my previous employer.

Do you know Norman Trott ■■

Manager at Southampton wasn’t he , I spoke with him on numerous occassions

PROWLANDS:
Manager at Southampton wasn’t he , I spoke with him on numerous occassions

He was when he was at Tolemans. Then moved World Shipping and freight
( part owned by Toleman) as operations manager, then to Richard Lawson, first Sheerness, then Ellesmere Port .as area manager for the South / South East One of the true gentleman of the car transporter industry, and the best man I ever worked for.
Now lives in Chester.

That’s some praise Fergie

I can remember Norman when he was at Sheerness, always had time to listen and have a chat, never talked down to you.

dieseldog6:
I can remember Norman when he was at Sheerness, always had time to listen and have a chat, never talked down to you.

That’s the man ! :sunglasses:

PROWLANDS:

If I paid a bit more attention and scrolled the page across,then I’d have noticed that VW Transporter crew cab on the right!

A311VNH I do believe,which I bought from Tolemans (through a 3rd party :wink: ) and which was great fun to drive and very versatile too!

IIRC it came up from Manston along with the crew bus that Robbie Blackwell bought.

I beleive it was your runabout, wasn’t it mr R ?

It certainly was, and a very useful tool as well Goaty, I was quite disappointed not to be able to buy it when the time came, strangely enough I just got beaten with my sealed bid for the ferry bus as well. Still twas a long time ago…
It was you who bought it was it keith you old bugger. I wondered who had got that as I also put in a sealed bid for it and often wondered how robbie got it for a pound more than me, what with his contacts, if you know what i mean!!!

PROWLANDS:
It certainly was, and a very useful tool as well Goaty, I was quite disappointed not to be able to buy it when the time came, strangely enough I just got beaten with my sealed bid for the ferry bus as well. Still twas a long time ago…
It was you who bought it was it keith you old bugger. I wondered who had got that as I also put in a sealed bid for it and often wondered how robbie got it for a pound more than me, what with his contacts, if you know what i mean!!!

Mum’s the word old son,mum’s the word :wink: :wink: :wink: :unamused: :unamused:

I think I kept it for a couple of years,then sold it on.Mind you,I did have to put a new clutch in it.

thanks for posting this topic,pictures and stories.i think they were ace.

KW you probably wouldn’t have bought the transporter if you had seen this firsthttp://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bd3_1185746953

does anyone have any pictures of the erf b series that toleman use to run?

thanks in advance :laughing:

Stupot:
KW you probably wouldn’t have bought the transporter if you had seen this firsthttp://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bd3_1185746953

To be honest,driving head on into a solid wall wasn’t on my agenda :wink:

Ah but sometimes, those walls, they chase you up the road !!
As to the B series ERF, wher they the ones used by JCD of Solihull when Tolemans took them over, or have I got it completely wrong?

yes i think that was the ones

cheers :laughing:

A few I found on “scrapbook memories” courtesy of Bubbleman.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Once again, cheers Bubbleman ! :smiley:

The infamous mk v, 12 car carrier :exclamation:

The driver looks oddly like Les Taylor, imo. :open_mouth: