TNT history

One for mickharrow … recognise anyone?

Here some input from Gelders UK (Gelders being absorbed into TNT/IPEC)

Did a very short stint with Thomas Nationwide Transport out of Perth WA in about 1970, They were the original Rush Rush parcel and small pallet operators. Crap money and very crap Ford D1000 from memory.,.,.,

Wow … can’t believe it’s been 6 and a half years since I posted the start of this thread … but a lot has happened in that time with our TNT research

Rene and I have finally had the book published … here is the link to buy a copy if you are interested in getting it for your collection.

tnt-alltranshistorybook.com/

All sales are done through Rene in Canada, as they have a lot better postage rates to the world than Australia.

Thanks every one

Darren and Rene

ERF-Continental:
No hard feelings at all, but during my role as shipper I really preferred the TOP-3
of US-integrators, UPS, DHL and FedEx…TNT had too many changes, moves
and identity-trouble with too many peers and screwed many a business.

Much as I am disinclined to resurrect a comment from 6 and a half years ago, it is somewhat of an irony that TNT is now wholly-owned by FedEx, having been sold off by its previous owners (a Dutch consortium) a few years ago.

Darren Hingston:
Wow … can’t believe it’s been 6 and a half years since I posted the start of this thread … but a lot has happened in that time with our TNT research

Rene and I have finally had the book published … here is the link to buy a copy if you are interested in getting it for your collection.

tnt-alltranshistorybook.com/

All sales are done through Rene in Canada, as they have a lot better postage rates to the world than Australia.

Thanks every one

Darren and Rene

Congratulations, it’s obviously been something of a labour: if not of love then certainly one of dedication.

Scania 112

B6E0E3B0-F8F6-4EEA-ACDF-AAE399ED9781.jpeg

MOT shutter at Atherstone Hub…Johns toy :smiley:

D900A7C2-A057-4BD7-903C-DEA64EA92899.jpeg

Dave Hatswells TM at Deeside 047

009D5C5D-EF68-4C86-9BCC-D7F3F988B5F2.jpeg

Ipec

69FE1F8E-EFA1-4B0C-A870-A5CB52A6D1EF.jpeg

Ramsbottom wrecker from Cuba workshop

C8356491-77F1-4CE3-8334-AF658885811A.jpeg

Sub is think they were based near Bristol 022

50023E67-85CD-43D8-8F3A-D0ACDC34CCC0.jpeg

Another subbie from Deeside, ran 2 night trunks, Rammy, Luton, until they were all consolidated in the late 80s to run to Atherstone

steelboyf10:

Was that a 361 with a 16 speed zf a proper MEAN AND NASTIE or just a plain m a n :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:

steelboyf10:

Was that a 361 with a 16 speed zf a proper MEAN AND NASTIE or just a plain m a n :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hey Lance, yep a proper mean and nasty, 16 speed, the 361s were proper flyers, we had some 321s, that ran out of steam faster…

I used to do a trunk to Rammy, then a change over at the mushroom with Glasgow, used to love trundling through Some of the towns like Haslingson etc when night clubs were kicking out… :open_mouth:
Then back to Rammy to do some shunting with an age old borderer…kin thing

Hope your doing OK mate

E6

667BB096-4E62-4344-A72A-7306D1DF72DC.jpeg

Replaced a fleet of marathons and Sed Atki 400s, but were notgreat :unamused:

Thank you, for both Rene and I it’s been an almost life long interest. But it was only about 10 years ago that we combined our efforts into what became the book.
On my side, the book is only one part of the research as through it I’ve been able to collect personal stories of employees too as well as compile an almost complete fleet list of all the Australian linehaul fleet over the years (1968 to approx. 1996)… Some 650+ trucks with spec info, delivery dates, photos etc.

Yes I am very much the annorak… Not just on TNT, but all things trucking in Australia

Iveco Zeta - (47503) - TNT Offshore:

Guernsey CI - June 1995.

steelboyf10:
Ipec

Now that is 2 very tidy wagons, very nice indeed