Time off

My mate works in HR within the health service, where from day 1 you are entitled to a months full sick pay. If you had any idea how much money people abusing sick pay costs the state every year, you will see why many private companies don’t offer it. Everywhere I have worked with good sick pay terms (granted they have been big/blue chip), I have seen the system played and I think it’s fair to say most hauliers can’t afford to me messed about like that by their own employees.

Usual case of us all suffering because of a minority. Deal with it folks.

karl67:
An employer has been liable to pay ssp as far back as 2000 may even be longer.
The company can only claim the SSP back if its more than a certain % of the total NI (employers and employees) the company has paid out.

You’re correct Karl, i got my facts wrong. The change that is happening is that the employer cannot recover it, i just re checked.

karl67:
The company can only claim the SSP back if its more than a certain % of the total NI (employers and employees) the company has paid out.

This is only for a few more days, stoping soon with most impact upon smaller companies… ion.icaew.com/TaxFaculty/pos … old-scheme