Tight deliveries

Thejpmshow:
0This one today for me, Champers on Water Road, Abbeydale Industrial Estate Wembley

The black Mercedes was the only vehicle not there (that rigid outside the gate moved back once I’d got in)

Did well to get that in on your side :wink:

Franglais:

Thejpmshow:
0This one today for me, Champers on Water Road, Abbeydale Industrial Estate Wembley

The black Mercedes was the only vehicle not there (that rigid outside the gate moved back once I’d got in)

As near the driving test “S” reverse as you’ll get.
Apart from the size of the box, and everyone attempting suicide very time you move.

Yeah no kidding the moped riders round there have a deathwish!

dozy:
The one I always remember was a Tesco delivery , the delivery area for the shop was under the Victoria centre in notts , you got a map but you just thought if I get this wrong I’m in trouble , 1 st time I wasn’t convinced of the left turn on map so drove back out the exit & then back in entry
It was bloody tight under there but easier when you got round 1 st time , seemed like a maze 1st time

Yes I used to do that shop years ago. First time I did it I got lost and it was at the weekend early hours, trying to find someone who wasn’t drunk for directions was a challenge by it’s self. It wasn’t my favourite run.

Jaxo:
Maybe not tight for some drivers but Freshways Acton is always a pain and can get very tight.

The land where vehicles and pallets are just abandoned seemingly at random all over place

Bloody lorry drivers moaning about tight deliveries, most of you haven’t seen a tight delivery slot in decades & can only dream about somewhere tight to deliver your load :laughing:

This has been a fairly regular one.
Cross lanes off a one way system to swing into a two way cobbled street. 10ton and no caravans.
Narrows down and into a one way street.
After the client we go right across town as theres no way to turn any corners with artic. Any carelessly parked cars and youre screwed. The locals are mostly fine it`s the tourists that screw it up. High kerbs, close walls, odd overhangs here and there. .
Showed up about 08hrs00 one day after calling the evening before to make a RDV, and two others followed me in at same time…oh, we had fun!
A couple of car drivers had trouble finding reverse gear but they did eventually.
(All pictures from Google, not me snapping)

Screenshot 2021-12-02 131418.png

Screenshot 2021-12-02 131140.png

Screenshot 2021-12-02 130640.png

Screenshot 2021-12-02 125743.png

dozy:
The one I always remember was a Tesco delivery , the delivery area for the shop was under the Victoria centre in notts , you got a map but you just thought if I get this wrong I’m in trouble , 1 st time I wasn’t convinced of the left turn on map so drove back out the exit & then back in entry
It was bloody tight under there but easier when you got round 1 st time , seemed like a maze 1st time

lol delivered at Victoria centre only a 18T rigid, seen tesco wagons and thought how drivers get around them bends.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

When I drove eight leggers for Tilcon in the 90’s we did a gennel between some former colliery houses at West Melton near Wath on Dearne, to reverse down the gap we had to remove both mirrors from the trucks and also a downpipe on one of the house ends before tipping. It was blooming tight, and ‘fun’ reversing with no mirrors! :open_mouth:

Pete.

Had not one but two ■■■■ ups this week,.and both down to getting wrong directions into places from customers…a method that works 99% of the time.

First one between Upton on Severn and Welland.farmer tells me to turn left off main road and then turn right, right turn says ‘cul de sac’, no turning, so I rang him again to make sure this was the correct right…he says ‘‘No not that one’’…it was btw :unamused: so I carry on round a corner trailer catches a low tree branch and wedges its’self between trailer and unit.
Luckily a guy came out with a chainsaw and sorted it,…didn’t stop there,.I reversed up, went down the lane to an unmanned site,.so was re.routed which cost me 3 hours total.

Last (10th) drop High Bickkngton Devon,.guy gives me directions,.head for Roborogh village,.take 1st left…it was in fact the 2nd left, :imp: .so my apologies to the villagers of Roborogh,.who were afraid I was going to damage their properties when I tried (unsuccessfully) to reverse next to pub to turn around…google earth it if you really care. :smiley:
Too tight in fact, so one of them said he’d seen artics go up by that pub before,.was reassured by a passing farmer, so I went for it, leaving a trail of branches behind me for about a mile…that seemed like 10.

Anyhow,.I’m a glutton for punishment, this does not always happen but I do like a challenge :smiley: and much prefer this type of work to the boredom of RDCs.

adam277:
Anyone got any pics of some silly delivery locations you have had?
I done one recently for argos.

I kinda regret not taking a picture of the truck while I was going down it because it is a lot tighter then it looks :stuck_out_tongue:.
I took a 35 foot trailer up there. Why it’s so bad is the bends which means you got about an inch either side of free space. Also the overhang on the multi story so you gotta make sure you dont hit the side/top of your trailer against it.
Apparently someone tried to take a 45ft trailer up and got stuck.
Either way was not fun :stuck_out_tongue:.

That spiral makes me recall a story a customer told me about the spiral carpark in Romford, back in the 70’s his mother had an American car which she managed to get stuck in the spiral somehow on account of being too long. Apparently his dad to remove the bumpers to get it unstuck but it was still his fault!

253EDE2A-C568-460C-A47E-0F497F172749.jpeg

CE76095F-EECF-49B4-A1AA-FEECC0CEB65A.jpg
I came along this lane in the summer and made a right turn at the T junction ,lorry n trailer ,had a shunt and the trailer was at 45 degrees nearly went over :open_mouth:
I do believe a bit of the lorry is still there :laughing:

8wheels:

adam277:
Anyone got any pics of some silly delivery locations you have had?
I done one recently for argos.

I kinda regret not taking a picture of the truck while I was going down it because it is a lot tighter then it looks :stuck_out_tongue:.
I took a 35 foot trailer up there. Why it’s so bad is the bends which means you got about an inch either side of free space. Also the overhang on the multi story so you gotta make sure you dont hit the side/top of your trailer against it.
Apparently someone tried to take a 45ft trailer up and got stuck.
Either way was not fun :stuck_out_tongue:.

That spiral makes me recall a story a customer told me about the spiral carpark in Romford, back in the 70’s his mother had an American car which she managed to get stuck in the spiral somehow on account of being too long. Apparently his dad to remove the bumpers to get it unstuck but it was still his fault!

A lot of these multi storey parks were built in the 70s when cars were a lot smaller, just compare an old style Mini with a modern one for instance, the old one is tiny in comparison.

It’s a bit iffy getting my Navara in a one we use,.a basement park under a smaller Tesco, tight as arse holes getting out.

Im sure others have been here too. An entry into an underground warehouse. Two transport companies got depots there. We try to deliver to their other places, but sometimes they insist on this one. Spiral roads and two floors to go down. Just a coupla inches each side on the bends, scrape marks show lots get it slightly wrong. Mercedes garage and their dopey customers who abandon their cars down there too. First time looking for the place in the city amongst the traffic, mopeds, pedestrians is nerve wracking. Get more than one or two funny looks on the way as its assumed you`re lost…(you can just hope you arent!)
Normally other trucks queuing down in the smelly place too. Horrible.

google.fr/maps/@43.7299594, … 6656?hl=en

google.fr/maps/@43.7301734, … 6656?hl=en

google.fr/maps/@43.7302673, … 6656?hl=en

Blind side reverse up the ramp then reverse inside the ferry with only the instructions of the ships crew to assist you as he blows his whistle, moves arms and hands around to guide in a very tight spot in between artics or go down the dungeon on the platform lift down beneath .

Sky Captain:
Blind side reverse up the ramp then reverse inside the ferry with only the instructions of the ships crew to assist you as he blows his whistle, moves arms and hands around to guide in a very tight spot in between artics or go down the dungeon on the platform lift down beneath .

Those of us that have done those med crossings and to and from Greece plus other routes it’s the norm

robthedog:

Sky Captain:

Those of us that have done those med crossings and to and from Greece plus other routes it’s the norm

Yep, Med boat, no bow doors is normal.
Remember the Gabbie Wehr, too? (But that`s getting off track talking boats).

Franglais:

robthedog:

Sky Captain:

Yep went on that I think from Harwich to Hamburg or was it the sister ship ?

robthedog:

Franglais:

robthedog:

Sky Captain:

Yep went on that I think from Harwich to Hamburg or was it the sister ship ?

Wehr had a few boats about, so maybe a sister ship? The Gabriella was Pompey to Le Havre chartered for P&O, but would have gone of when the bigger (ex North Sea) boats arrived. Gabbie would have left Pompey 1994? Could have been North Sea then?

Tight as as nuns chuff on ferry boat

Or the complete 360 degree turn around on the top deck with tyres screeching like a demented demon and all this with complete trust of the ships crew gesticulating like an octopus on speed acting as a banks man .