Thinking of emigrating to Canada

Santa:
Google Canada immigration and read some of the forums. Remember that if you go you will be an immigrant and, just like here, lots of people won’t like you because you aren’t Canadian.

Houses are cheaper but there are cost there you dont have here like medical insurance. Don’t expect 4 weeks paid holiday either.

They dont care a ■■■■ what nationality you are here as long as you will work,me and my family been here for 5 years and yes it is hard at first but you got to expect that, we came with 2 young kids 8 suitecases and a dog to temps of -30 and thought what the ■■■■ have we done,but 5 years down the line with bad cases of homesickness and about 4 different jobs until i found a good one worth keeping i would recomend doing it to anyone,and you get 3 weeks paid holiday and the company i work for pays my medical insurance,but in alberta like saskatchewan to go to a doctor or to hospital it is free anyway.I am home every day and off weekends and take home the same as 700 pounds a week,but jobs like these are hard to find but they are there.As for the schools my kids are doing ok as schools are no way near as big as in the uk and the teachers treat them with respect and not like a pile of ■■■■ as teachers do in the uk.I lived in an ex council house over there with 2 cars on the tick.I now live in a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom 2 level split(a bungalow with a basement)with ahuge garden and own 2 cars outright.Iwould recomend it to anyone but you got to take it as it comes because it is a hard desision to make and think it over well before you make the move.

Just on the money side here boys it only cost me 1000 pounds to sit the test with Flying Eagle in Steinbach.

I have been seriously considering this move for a while now…but still have many questions.

How much does it cost?

I have family in BC and would ideally like to be in that area so at least we would know a few friendly faces when we first moved out there…what is the job situation like around Vancouver or elsewhere in BC?

What companies will put you through the tests, and how hard are they compared to the UK tests?

KGB:

Did Shane ever move out there then? I’ve been out of the trucking scene for going on 3 years now but did hear on the grapevine that he set up his own haulage company here?

Yes Shane moved over 11 months ago and lives around the corner from me , He and his family all love it out here , although as I keep saying "You ain’t had a proper winter yet " lol :grimacing:

I’m pretty sure he never had any plans to set his own haulage company up :confused:

Sorry, only just seen your reply. I stumbled across this about 6 months ago, hence why I mentioned it -

ukdata.com/numbers/06304609.html

:open_mouth: :confused: :confused: