The Trouble With Eddie

The trouble with Eddie Stobartski is exactly the same as Jack Richardski, Wincantonski, Downtownski and any other big company that chop rates to get work. They can’t afford to pay for good drivers because the margins are so tight. Pay peanuts get retards

Night-and-day:
The trouble with Eddie Stobartski is exactly the same as Jack Richardski, Wincantonski, Downtownski and any other big company that chop rates to get work. They can’t afford to pay for good drivers because the margins are so tight. Pay peanuts get retards

I’m the last one to stick up for Stobarts, but tbf their pay rates are more than some, they also get a good meal allowance, and overtime rates.
The ‘proper drivers’ there, mostly long servers, are not hassled, and treated with relative respect… I am told,.
Where as many of the others are checked upon all day, you can see why with some of em :unamused: …a bit like my lot in fact.

Kit is all good and they get all the top notch work gear to work in, (as long as you don’t mind looking like one of Santa’s mob. :smiley: )
But…would I work for them?..not a chance.

DF40:

Drempels:
Eddie died a few years ago, God rest him. In the words of Manfred Rommel; let there be no recriminations after death.

If he can do it for the Baader Meinhof Fraktion, we can do it for a Haulier.

A bit of class goes a long way.

Merely pointing out state of haulage industry. Doubt Mr Stobart, would be impressed with the state of it.

That’s got very little to do with having class. [emoji848]

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

You don’t get it. You never have, and as long as you live, you never will.

One of Eddie’s finest at work;

otsnews.co.uk/unwanted-deli … te-garden/

Drempels:

DF40:

Drempels:
Eddie died a few years ago, God rest him. In the words of Manfred Rommel; let there be no recriminations after death.

Merely pointing out state of haulage industry. Doubt Mr Stobart, would be impressed with the state of it.

You obviously know me so well. Enlighten me

I was there at eddies early on ,Kingston depot still have the non clip tie ,and the mk1 puffer jacket we got ,on the cargo drags …and have to say Edward junior was a real gent!!,William as well. mr mullholland …well as looking back did me no harm. If you met Edward in the yard he would come ower and talk as qs about where you had been and if any problems. I can mind stopping at a motorway station and getting a coffee and Edward was there an all and bought it no problem.

JIMBO47:
I was there at eddies early on ,Kingston depot still have the non clip tie ,and the mk1 puffer jacket we got ,on the cargo drags …and have to say Edward junior was a real gent!!,William as well. mr mullholland …well as looking back did me no harm. If you met Edward in the yard he would come ower and talk as qs about where you had been and if any problems. I can mind stopping at a motorway station and getting a coffee and Edward was there an all and bought it no problem.

What a gaffer is seen in the yard, and actually speaks to a driver :open_mouth: and has the sense to get straight from the horses mouth any problems or issues, and doesn’t rely on the edited emails the various dept managers send universally telling him what he wants to hear?

It’ll never catch on :laughing:

DF40:

Drempels:

DF40:

Drempels:

You obviously know me so well. Enlighten me

Yeah enlighten me too please■■?

Iv got to say I only passed my C+E before Xmas. They been great with me, put me on a two day induction which includes 16 hours of cpc hours. All the other drivers go out there way if you need a hand backing in or just need advice in general. Even the office staff and been great not got a bad word to say about them.

FuSs:
Iv got to say I only passed my C+E before Xmas. They been great with me, put me on a two day induction which includes 16 hours of cpc hours. All the other drivers go out there way if you need a hand backing in or just need advice in general. Even the office staff and been great not got a bad word to say about them.

Wait until you get repeatedly rinsed for hours and stitched up. Then come and tell us how great they are.

Old Mr Stobart is still alive, he is only 90 [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk