The Step Up From Rigid to Artic - WOOOOHOOOO ITS DONE!

How was it?

Any difficulties?

Went good, 1 minor

Different instructor from when I did the class 2 but was still great.

Cant recommend Ritchies enough :exclamation:

Cheers man, that sounds a good drive you had. Ritchies seem to be pretty good at what they do.

Are their C+E manual or auto?

Ritchies C+E are all 2009 VOLVO iShift (auto)- quite a good training motor, cracking gearbox.

All the guys are fantastic in Ritchies, especially big Paul - good laugh.

Excellent, cheers mate.

I had james and jim for my C. They seem a cracking bunch there. Hopefully I get success with the big one!

Yep Auto

You will probably remember most off the routes from your class 2, so it does help a bit !

H4L:
Excellent, cheers mate.

I had james and jim for my C. They seem a cracking bunch there. Hopefully I get success with the big one!

I’m sure you’ll be fine - when are you starting?

Cheers guys, hopefully get some good routes.

Starting a week on Monday.

Started my class 1 this morning. On lunch now and it’s been a great experience so far. Fully auto truck. Got the 16.5ft trailer right enough which is the bigger if their trucks. Not caring though as that will give me good experience. Two very comfortable drives so far and now into reversing and coupling/uncoupling this afternoon.

im also looking to pass class 2 then go straight back for class 1, altho no experience within driving lgv before i can afford to do it atm (might not be able to in future who knows), i also think by doing both now for me is a better option as i will have both before looking for work and also giving a lil edge of finding work in the future.

I think it helps aswell that the test and area are kind of fresh in your head.

Have to say driving an automatic…that’s the ■■■■■■■■! I’d never driven even an auto car before so this felt brilliant.

16.5ft trailer? Do you mean 45ft (13.7mtrs) or 40ft (12.1mtrs) by any chance?

Lol nah I’m doing the wee luggage box trailer for the back of cars. :wink:

The length of the truck is 16.5m

Doh!! :blush: :laughing:

Well that’s that! Training finished and C+E test tomorrow at 10:30am

Been told that there will probably not be time for a warm up drive as the other candidate is out at 8:45am. So next time I sit in that truck it will be for real.

Fingers crossed folks!

good luck on ya test.

Cheers my good man, hopeful but nervous. Instructor says both of us should have no issues at all! You just know it never works out that way though.

Good luck gringo…
Fast forward a week and I’ll be in the very same position :open_mouth:

Jon

best of luck to you buddy.

Good luck to you all.