The reason I don't live in Canada

no probs gd luck whatever u decide :smiley:

stevejones:
but there 3 companies on island that do the l.m.o

Who’s the third one Steve? I know about Bulk and Seaweed obviously but I’m trying to think who the third is. Prince?

ye he used to but nightmare lieing ba…d then theres morley annear not sure if he still does it tho like rest of maritimes m8 choices r limited tried to tell the guy the pit falls and some gd things about p.e.i. did a Atlanta for dave tisdale last wk that’s it now till home he was ok kinda guy to me gd luck 4 future m8

Was told about some company but cant remember first name can anyone help please ■■ it was something farm ■■ thanks in advance x

sinders29:
Was told about some company but cant remember first name can anyone help please ■■ it was something farm ■■ thanks in advance x

Donnelly Farms? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thankyou x :slight_smile:

sinders29:
Thankyou x :slight_smile:

I do hope they’re on the list of companies to avoid? I had a 19 month sentence there in order to get PR and was practically manically depressed by the end of it. They could be a really good place to work but they refuse to leave behind their dickensian attitude to employee’s so save yourself the heartache and just work for a dry van company where you won’t be sat around all the time earning no money, but rather putting in a full days drive and a full nights sleep, something that very rarely happens on reefer work from the Maritimes.

Awww right no I was told they was good x but thanks for advice x what are good companies plz as thinking of emailing a couple x many thanks

sinders29:
Awww right no I was told they was good x but thanks for advice x what are good companies plz as thinking of emailing a couple x many thanks

They might be good if you’re name is Boris and you’ve spent the past 15 years working for Willi Betz but for a British person who’s looking for at the very least, an improvement in life, they certainly are not much cop but thats Maritimes reefer work in general, not just them.

As I said before, in order to get on well here you need to be kept moving and that means working for a dry van company as opposed to reefer. My last firm was Quality Transportation in Jacksonville, NB near Woodstock. I thoroughly enjoyed the work there and pretty much went to every state and province in north America but there is absolutely no home life to be had there. You’ll earn half decent cash for NB but you’ll work ■■■■ hard for it and seldom see home for more than a flash visit, if you choose to stay home for more than 36 hours, its often hard to get going again and it turns in to 3,4 or 5 days and then the money for that pay period goes seriously down hill. At the end of the day, I only left them because I wanted to be home more after getting married to a local girl and I’d recommend them a thousand times over before even suggesting Donnelly’s.

My advice…go to Manitoba. Its a godawful boring place and terrible in winter but you’ll earn better money and probably treat better by the company and that will count for a lot, especially at the start when you’re trying to make things work in a new place.

Thanks for the advice x what are property prices like plz

If you’re thinking of coming to Manitoba make sure you visit first and make sure you do it in February. Trust me it is a bleak miserable place, I know, I’ve lived here for six years.

You cannot comprehend how cold it is or how much poxy snow you’ll be shoveling and how often you have to do it.

There are some reasonable jobs to be had though, the immigration process is easier at first as their PNP is straightforward, PR will be the same as everywhere else.

If you like soap operas you’ll love Manitoba, living here gives you a starring role too, in my area there’s lots of little groups that have all fallen out with each other and then they all fall out with each other and then swap groups and start up some new arguments, it’s quite entertaining though.

Really unsure just want somewhere with cheapish rent an taxes and ok for kids

Can you manage a visit to Canada before you take the plunge?

newmercman:
If you’re thinking of coming to Manitoba make sure you visit first and make sure you do it in February. Trust me it is a bleak miserable place, I know, I’ve lived here for six years.

You cannot comprehend how cold it is or how much poxy snow you’ll be shoveling and how often you have to do it.

There are some reasonable jobs to be had though, the immigration process is easier at first as their PNP is straightforward, PR will be the same as everywhere else.

If you like soap operas you’ll love Manitoba, living here gives you a starring role too, in my area there’s lots of little groups that have all fallen out with each other and then they all fall out with each other and then swap groups and start up some new arguments, it’s quite entertaining though.

Can’t see why you knock the place , obviously not on par with SK but delivered to the Steinbach hospital the other day and thought the town was really friendly , great place to raise a family . Maybe you should use your Sunday mornings more wisely :laughing: :laughing:

I knock it because it is a boring place to live, there’s nothing to do.

It is a nice little town, but it doesn’t have enough going on for me. Don’t forget I’m a Londoner, so a town of 15,000 people of mostly German/Russian descent is going to lack a few of the things I take for granted back home.

I came here to get away from all that bollox , can only imagine life in Greater London being the pits compared to what we have on offer here . So this time of year it’s a boat , fishing or skiing , hobby car or bike , becoming a masterchef on the grill . Fall brings hunting so never a dull moment , and then it’s into the skidoo and ice fishing for 7 sodding months :laughing: . Failing that egg ball or ice hockey when it’s storming and you need to hunker down . Loads to do mate .

That’s the thing, different strokes for different folks.

I’m not in to any of that, I’m not into nature sports, if you consider that the only time I saw grass when I was growing up it was wrapped up in a Rizla :laughing:

I prefer the city life, it’s my comfort zone…

I love the country being brought up in busy towns an pretty rough round edges. I love countryside x

Then Manitoba could be what you’re looking for, there’s all that stuff FTTM mentioned and unlike the barren wasteland of SK we also have trees :laughing:

Well there’s two things to busy yourself with , firstly a bloody geography lesson , then don a check shirt a become a part time lumberjack , queue Monty Python . :laughing: