The passing on of a Legend

GS OVERLAND:

DEANB:
RIP Chris Hoooper

GS OVERLAND, Has anyone done more trips on the Middle East run in your opinion ? He was doing it for years.

Hi DeanB
I doubt it, not round trips anyway, the only other contender is Barry Barnes.

Or Dave Poulton :wink: . Robert

Hi Guys
See below.

Chris Hooper Funeral
Service

DATE AND TIME

Tuesday 16th July 2019, 11:40am

ADDRESS

Southend Crematorium,
Sutton Road, Southend On Sea,
SS2 5PX

Thanks for the info GS.

Cant be there in person but i will have a few thoughts at the time for Chris.

Rest in Peace Chris.

Hope all goes well tomorrow, I’m sure we can all spare a thought at 11-40am for Chris Hooper RIP, sad passing of a real Transport man.

adr:
Hope all goes well tomorrow, I’m sure we can all spare a thought at 11-40am for Chris Hooper RIP, sad passing of a real Transport man.

I raise my glass and spare him a thought thats for sure.
RIP Chris.

Danne

Safe last journey big man, R.I.P. CHRIS HOOPER.

Good article on Chris Hooper in Classic Truck Mag’ October, written by female reporter who went on trip with him. Bit does confuse me, maybe GS can answer it? Article was written 18 years ago, in it she says Chris H was doing trip as a seller, RHD Scania 113, to get funds to buy his next truck as his lovely old Transcon’ needed replacing, & he is pulling his own trailer CAT 69 with his designs etc on the back doors, but his fridge/tool box/fuel tanks etc had all been removed from the trailer? He was having the Scania measured for a Camel Bar ready for collection on his next trip, so he must have already bought or was getting his 143 that replaced the Transcon’, but he couldn’t have sold the trailer because it was pulled by his 143, so how did he get his trailer back from Saudi, & why had he removed everything only to put it all back on later? Immaterial to some I know, but it interests me as I was a big fan of Chris H articles etc & loved his choice of Wagons & the way he did them up! Regards Chris