The "I got banned" badge of honour thread

Too many to mention, no idea why the company I drove for put up with me really, desperation I suppose.
95% of their customers apparently, but it did enable me to have a mostly pleasant experience at those that were left.

Most memorable was Dow Chemicals in Kings Lynn docks…

2 security bods in the hut, gave me an A4 piece of paper with all the rules and regs of the site, got bored after a paragraph, so didn`t bother with it.

As I was leaving I went into the cabin to get the paperwork and the young bod asked my why I was drinking and eating in my cab…I explained I was thirsty and hungry and that his question was rather odd, he then went on to tell me they have on cctv doing this, again I mentioned it was a bit strange…He then asked me if I head read the rules, I replied truthfully that I had become bored after the first paragraph…He didnt like this and with that the older guy got up and came over, they both started firing questions at me. I remained silent, they didnt like that, then one of them said “cat got your tongue?” That triggered me, they were treating me like an animal, so I started growling at them, nice deep growl to start with, then I started opening my mouth and roaring and drooling…Never seen paperwork sorted so quickly :laughing:

When I got back to the yard they told me I was banned, I asked them why, apparently jumping up and down from the back of the trailer…I told the gaffer exactly what had happened, had a good chuckle at that.

I used to use silence a lot, it was effective.

ezydriver:
Following on from the RDC ban thread, I’d love to hear the reasons why you got banned, and from where :laughing:

I got banned from Amazon tilbury a few years back - 2019 I believe. They were demanding drivers hand over their keys when getting out of their cabs to shut the back doors. I refused point blank as that was H&S gone too far for my liking, and when I got back to the yard I was hauled into the office, and told Amazon had banned me from Tilbury. I went in there the same week and continued until the current day. Nobody ever noticed.

Eh? Whats point in that?? Amazin for you i suppose.

I heard a driver purposely tipping over pallets to get barred out of lidl.
Driver got banned out of teesport container terminal for pulling off with the rtg still attached to his container

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did get barred out of one place (just North of the Tyne) Maoster will know it, I hated the place with a passion and did my best to get barred, then one day, deep joy, I achieved my goal, bingo! The disappointment was that no matter how hard I tried the manager would not come out of his office to shake my hand, he even swore at me!! Sadly I never achieved Maoster’s level of wit and sarcasm but I got by.

I’m saying nothing Mizzo, you of all people know where my skeletons are buried! Nobody would believe what I did when angry to the floor outside the transport office even if you told them :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
I’m saying nothing Mizzo, you of all people know where my skeletons are buried! Nobody would believe what I did when angry to the floor outside the transport office even if you told them :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I saw the dirty black evidence good buddy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: So did every visitor, it was there for years

It’s hard to beat…

moasters sharp and witty anecdote.

I got banned from Argos Heywood for insulting the grumpy old security guy. Apparently ‘you’re only here because your cheaper than a padlock’ is highly offensive to some people.

Sainsbury’s Bristol, despite a rather tiring four hour stint to get there, I was made to feel unwelcome as soon as I stepped into the gatehouse. There was a brief exchange about taking it back because it was late. I suggested he call someone who actually had the authority to to do that. Sure enough, next day I was informed I was no longer allowed on site.

The other notable ban was a Preston’s of Potto driver who physically pulled the booking clerk out through the small window at Wakefield Coca-cola.

the maoster:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:
It’s hard to beat…

The other notable ban was a Preston’s of Potto driver who physically pulled the booking clerk out through the small window at Wakefield Coca-cola.

Coca cola Wakefield.Now there’s a place.I’m amazed any driver goes in thereat all.The level of disrespect is phenomenal.Clearly a lot of drivers have no self respect either.Tolerance and patience is one thing,but…
Anyway.Coca cola.Last time i was there i dropped my loaded trailer at the exit security cabin and went home.

Not delivering , but working for an agency. Tesco Lichfield. Done 11 hours, 2 runs 4 stores, now 10pm and i live in Hinckley.
Told… not asked! That I had another run planned!
At 1st i thought they were talking to a driver behind me.
Told them i wouldn’t do it as i had already done 3 reduced rests that week :wink:
Oh thats ok you can have a night out.

Me No night out kit.

Them You got a bunk! And should be prepared

Still refused then told I wasn’t welcome there, we will call your agency tomorrow. was already on the phone to the boss who is a friend of mine to warn him.

Not as entertaining as the rest of you…

I got banned while delivering to a womans house, she wanted me to put a pallet where it was impossible to take a pallet truck, so I left it infront of her car on her gravel drive, as it was a curbside delivery I thought I was helping, but, she didn’t appreciate it and even worse when I said its curbside delivery…

Stephenjp:
Not as entertaining as the rest of you…

I got banned while delivering to a womans house, she wanted me to put a pallet where it was impossible to take a pallet truck, so I left it infront of her car on her gravel drive, as it was a curbside delivery I thought I was helping, but, she didn’t appreciate it and even worse when I said its curbside delivery…

delivery to privet addresses is the worstthey just dont have a clue. Had one once tat screamed at me i wasnt wearing a mask as i walkked up his front path but then wanted me to deliver his washing machine into his house on my own.

the maoster:

I’m curious now, did you take a dump or something?

Largeperm:

the maoster:

I’m curious now, did you take a dump or something?

Lol no, nothing as antisocial as that. Almost as antisocial though :smiley: :smiley: I used to ride a Suzuki GSXR1100 to work an I used to park it in the workshops, one of the fitters was an arse though so he parked a unit inside the workshop against the roller shutter door and took the keys with him so I couldn’t move it or open the door to put my bike it.

In a fit of petulant and childish rage I decided the only option was to push the bike in through the offices to get into the workshop that way. Except I didn’t! I rode it into the office and did a two minute circular burnout before wheelying down the corridor. I felt much better but nobody could breathe because of the rubber smoke.

Not big, not clever, but oh so satisfying.

the maoster:
Only been banned from two places; the first was Marlow foods at Stokesley, I was doing a fifty foot reverse onto a bay when I heard loads of shouting and bawling. I hit the brakes (as you do) and spotted an officious H&S bod flapping his arms and running towards me. I asked him what the problem was and he said I had no reversing bleeper which was a legal requirement. I responded that it’s not a legal requirement at all, to which he said it’s a site requirement. I then said “well you make lots of noise, why don’t you sit in the back of my trailer and shout beep beep beep?” Banned!

The second one was a place called Solway foods at Worksop. I had to go on the bay so consequently had to wear a hairnet. Once on the bay an obnoxious woman started screaming at me that I should have a beard snood on, I replied “I don’t have a beard” she replied “but you have a moustache “ I replied “so do you, where’s yours?” Banned.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Quality.

Ken.

Gidders:

yourhavingalarf:
It’s hard to beat…

Coca cola Wakefield.Now there’s a place.I’m amazed any driver goes in thereat all.The level of disrespect is phenomenal.Clearly a lot of drivers have no self respect either.Tolerance and patience is one thing,but…
Anyway.Coca cola.Last time i was there i dropped my loaded trailer at the exit security cabin and went home.

Really, been in there last few nights and the people on in the gatehouses were nice and polite, even the shunter was helpful.

Hate Pepsi/Britvic, poor attitude, waiting for hours and why have their warehouse not have loasing docks, Rugby is the exception so far!

Post my couple of bans when I get home later, or of stuck someplace!

Among the firms out there, you can get 4 combinations of “Nice” if you think about it:

(1) Nice to own staff, horrible to everyone outside the firm
(2) Nice to own staff, nice to visitors too…
(3) Horrible to own staff, nice to visitors
(4) Horrible to everyone, and yet the firm still seems to be in business, despite zero goodwill?

I’m sure we all know good examples of 1,3, & 4

Are there any “2” firms left though?

got banned from Matalan! Was waiting for paperwork in the Security lodge of their RDC in Skelmersdale, and as I waited I wondered why one of the monitors was blank, the security man informed me that if the alarm goes off the nearest camera to the alarm will activate and will show what it sees on the screen. Worked out of there for a couple more months, then they didn’t give me any work for several more months before getting more work for them. One day I went in to pick up a trailer and I was told I was banned, asking why I was informed I was a security risk.

I was banned out of Manchester container port for speeding, although at the time I was backed on a delivery bay getting loaded, but some supervisor saw me speeding around the port with my back doors unsecured.

I worked for Burton biscuits on agency for a while then told I wasn’t allowed in again but why they would not tell me. Agan it was years later that I met someone who worked for the agancy and told me they had difficlty spelling my name so they banned me,

I was threatened with a ban three times in the paat month, once at Great Bear for going the wrong why in a one way system, I had dropped a trailer on one bay and the return trailer was 4 bays away, should have gone all the way around the building. At Asda because in an empty yard I drove forward under their conopy to make a reverse easier, and again at another yard (I forget the copanies name) I missed a tiny 6inch sign diverting traffic to the right.