The humble Ford D series

I did there was a small driving school in leyton cannot recall the name might have been estate driving school or something like that , the instructor was an old rocker DA haircut an all I used to do a 2 hour lesson once or twice a week in the evening that cost £10 per lesson this was 1976 or 77 cant recall, on each lesson we would end up in commercial road and get these seriously spicy kebabs from a pakistani cafe,I did a long day at north weald airstrip to get the reversing right I could not turn my head the next day having spent hours looking rearwards, happy days fredm

aye passed on one the same… jim faulkener (spelling) in Galashiels…in 81,near to where "Jelliot "was based iirc :slight_smile: :slight_smile: jimmy

passed my test in one of these 1972 seem’s like a lifetime ago lol far cry from the FH12 I drive now :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Past my class one, probably some of the last of them, An “X reg” with a twin speed axle. :stuck_out_tongue: seemed good fun at the time,1986.

Whats left of a 1311

Rob ask Mr Sibley & he will most likely let you in

Hi,

I am after any pictures of a blue d-series wrecker I used to own reg no: NOP 127F.

been looking for ages now nobody seems to have any.

ed209trucks.

found this parked in a field by Dalmellington the other week

One example from the 70th in Luxemburg.

Ford Christmas ad from 1969

moomooland:
0 Ford Christmas ad from 1969

Could do with some greedy boards on that tipper :slight_smile:

JIMBO47:
aye passed on one the same… jim faulkener (spelling) in Galashiels…in 81,near to where "Jelliot "was based iirc :slight_smile: :slight_smile: jimmy

I went through with sleepy Jim Shanks in a Scania 80… but I remember Jim Faulkner and Caroline Claperton ( Kelly ) as well…

The first thing I drove after my test was a Ford D 13 11 say no more, it ended its life with us with a 16 14 engine in it… Hot Rod or what ?

Jeff

moomooland:

“Nil Points” from Bewick!!!

Retired Old ■■■■:

moomooland:

“Nil Points” from Bewick!!!

Don’t like the look of those reindeer in the cab,I don’t think they could pull a sled as they their legs can’t be so long by the looks of it!! Cheers Bewick.

moomooland:
Ford Christmas ad from 1969

I knew father was moonlighting ,his hair is still the same but white !

Andydisco:
found this parked in a field by Dalmellington the other week

Another D Series still waiting to be saved parked on a farm in Northamptonshire.

I took my test in a 2817 - Perkins V8, 6 speed box, ex Silcock & Collins with a window in the roof for keeping an eye on the front car

back in the day when you could parkup in your drive and noboby batted an eyelid!!.This was my D1411, not many of them about(thankfully),mostly carried corrugated packaging(as here) from triwall Monmouth.did that job for 14 years.forgot to say the lorry was ex macfisheries.