The Graveyard

Hi there!

I hope the Atkinson survives his journey…
Would be a very interesting project here in germany if it wouldn’t be RHD and sure the only one…

Here’s a shot i made in Holland eight years ago.
A Steyr, Terberg, DAF and an M.A.N ready to scrap.

paul allen:
Thanks Mate,ive been there lastyear…Chaps called Clive really nice fella,heres a link to the pics i took:-

flickr.com/photos/37406071@N … 059057065/

I mentioned the F86 to Phil Anlaby (i think i may have spelt his second name wrong) who wanted a donor vehicle for the F86 unit hes restoring, well if you check his F86 thread out hes posted the photos of him collecting it from Leeds

I dont know if anyones mentioned this on here but ive just been watching an episode of salvage hunters and the buyers visited a hoarders yard somewhere in Buxton ,he reckoned nothing was for sale but he had some old motors in there amongst other things.There was an AEC Mogul i think ,and a mkv AEC an old Foden some coaches and a selection of old cars ,everything was rotting away there was much more than ive mentioned but the camerman didnt concentrate on the vehicles

This used to be at London Brick stewartby

scan0018.jpg

ramone:
I dont know if anyones mentioned this on here but ive just been watching an episode of salvage hunters and the buyers visited a hoarders yard somewhere in Buxton ,he reckoned nothing was for sale but he had some old motors in there amongst other things.There was an AEC Mogul i think ,and a mkv AEC an old Foden some coaches and a selection of old cars ,everything was rotting away there was much more than ive mentioned but the camerman didnt concentrate on the vehicles

hiya ramone …did you get to see the mk5 aec■■? ive been told one of the adams twin headlight mk5,s is parked up in the moorlands
(buxton area) nobody seems to know about it though. it would be orange and white with a black chassis now. i know stacks of the lads
in the know around that area but all questions go blank. i think the place you may be talking about is on the a515.
John

hiya john , i wonder if that adams motor is at frank buxton’s "the stores on the moors ". i think he passed away , but the sign is still there for the yard , so maybe family are still running it , dave

hiya rigsby…ive asked there mate.someone said onecote,i asked finn (volvo man) he did,nt know anywhere,
same with stuart johnson and kenny bains.
i was at astle park with sam salt and andrew turner this year, we did,nt half get through some diesel.
John

i was set to come to astle park myself john , but i came down with a lousy cold , i wouldn’t have wanted to pass that on to anyone . dave

3300John:

ramone:

hiya ramone …did you get to see the mk5 aec■■? ive been told one of the adams twin headlight mk5,s is parked up in the moorlands
(buxton area) nobody seems to know about it though. it would be orange and white with a black chassis now. i know stacks of the lads
in the know around that area but all questions go blank. i think the place you may be talking about is on the a515.
John

Ive recorded it and im playing it back now the blokes called Chris Sugden Smith,the AEC MKV looks like its just the cab it definitely doesn`t have twin headlights and the split screen is straight across at the bottom i wouldnt like to say what colour it is ,ive just taken these pics of them both

AEC Mogul.jpg

ramone:

3300John:

ramone:

John

Ive recorded it and im playing it back now the blokes called Chris Sugden Smith,the AEC MKV looks like its just the cab it definitely doesn`t have twin headlights and the split screen is straight across at the bottom i wouldnt like to say what colour it is ,ive just taken these pics of them both

Hiya,heres a pic of a Mercury of Western Transport with an Oldland Motor Bodybuilders cab,who were based in Bristol.the shot was took by the late Roger Kenney.

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

That Drew bloke from Salvage Hunters seems a right gobsh!te. If he came snooping through my yard making me stoopid offers I’d have to clear him off.

Spotted this beaut, looks in decent knick too…

One of Lapworths of Leicester’s old van bodies

This old gem’s just waiting to be saved… And still in decent knick too… :slight_smile:

Spotted this on a farm in Berk’s . One of McKays Transport of Watford’s old trailers

This old Albion has been used as a shed at a joiners yard in Silloth ■■■■■■■ for 20+yrs or so.
5942236543_7240f75cf8.jpg

Greeingsto you All.I found this today on the old R.N.A.S. Airfield at Ford, Littlehampton.It’s an old Shell spirit tank and it’s still got the “Shell Formula” logo on the side. It must have been sold on as we didn’t have landing legs on our tanks,they were married from day one.It’s a Thompson trailer,sitting on air and it has the later hydraulic discharge pump fitted. There’s a number plate on it :- GHX 555 W. Perhaps one of you gentlemen might remember it. Regards,900x20. :laughing:

what about the Scammell lurking in the background?

gunnerheskey:
This old gem’s just waiting to be saved… And still in decent knick too… :slight_smile:

Found this in oxon . was inside upto about10 years ago , the owner failed to pay his storage , what a shame :open_mouth: