The Fox Colsterworth

SWEDISH BLUE:
This is from Sarah, direct from the horses mouth

So the latest news at the fox the carpark should be done as soon as it dries up but I’m putting it out there that I’m giving it one last go to keep this truckstop going at present we have alot of good reviews just not enough lorries so let’s get the word out there and get them in I have a good lot of drivers in and would hate to close so come on let’s get on it and keep ma in her chair lol

just a thought Swedish…does The Fox open sundays? perhaps Sarah could organise a Vintage Truck show/gathering one weekend…get punters in,and plenty of motorcyclists about that way…the B676 Melton road is very popular :slight_smile:

Very rarely down there now, but if I am I will try it.
I have been there a couple of times and it was fine.
Stayed there last about 8 years ago and had a scumbag in my trailer overnight, I was the only truck on there, and if I could have been absolutely sure there was only one of them instead of one in my trailer and one outside with a knife, I would have shut the ■■■■■ in for the night (snowing) and dropped him off over the water, but I was not certain, I’m a big lad but I aint stupid.

Anyway I digress, that was a long time ago.
As for today, ok, I know it aint PC, but I’m a realist, and I also know truckers, …Get strippers on and it will be chokka every night :bulb:
Not much chance though if owned by a woman. :cry:

…Get strippers on and it will be chokka every night :bulb:
Not much chance though if owned by a woman. :cry:
[/quote]
She doesn’t have to watch the show or put a £ in the glass… :bulb:

SWEDISH BLUE:
This is from Sarah, direct from the horses mouth

So the latest news at the fox the carpark should be done as soon as it dries up but I’m putting it out there that I’m giving it one last go to keep this truckstop going at present we have alot of good reviews just not enough lorries so let’s get the word out there and get them in I have a good lot of drivers in and would hate to close so come on let’s get on it and keep ma in her chair lol

Maybe you should put my suggestion forward to her.
I don’t know her, but you seem to, so it depends how she balances the PC of guys watching women against possiblly losing her livliehood. :bulb:

robroy, I will let you put forward your idea when, and if, you decide to stop there. :smiley:

I Googled The Fox at Colsterworth…

Whilst they have a Facebook page, they don’t appear to have a dedicated website.

It wouldn’t harm business to have one.

Signs on the southbound approach.

There’s a huge volume of traffic that never goes there because it’s going north. Perhaps a sign on the northbound explaining how to get to it via the Colsterworth junction? Returning northbound is a doddle.

Sarah could be really cheeky and just hand out leaflets at Colsterworth truckstop itself? :smiley:

SWEDISH BLUE:
robroy, I will let you put forward your idea when, and if, you decide to stop there. :smiley:

Ok, by that I take it she’s a bit feisty.
I’ll shout it out of the window at her from my LOCKED cab. :laughing:

robroy:

Stayed there last about 8 years ago and had a scumbag in my trailer overnight, I was the only truck on there, and if I could have been absolutely sure there was only one of them instead of one in my trailer and one outside with a knife, I would have shut the ■■■■■ in for the night (snowing) and dropped him off over the water, but I was not certain

y

Stick this on the back doors, that should keep the buggers away…

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

Stayed there last about 8 years ago and had a scumbag in my trailer overnight, I was the only truck on there, and if I could have been absolutely sure there was only one of them instead of one in my trailer and one outside with a knife, I would have shut the ■■■■■ in for the night (snowing) and dropped him off over the water, but I was not certain

y

Is that the fella that keeps asking for late night “chats” in Bully’s? :open_mouth: :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

y

Is that the fella that keeps asking for late night “chats” in Bully’s? :open_mouth: :laughing:

Yeh that’s right, and we had a good chat the other night didn’t we Jay. :wink:
Nice of you to contact me then btw. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …that backfired on you eh? :smiley:

(I aint bothered for myself, :laughing: as my reputation on here is shot to ■■■■ anyway. :smiley: )

I admired your persistence. It was more alluring than your goatee :laughing:

The fox colsterworth added 3 new photos.
2 hrs ·
Car park done nice chanell dug out so no more lake in the bottom of the car park so come on drivers giving it till end of year need them lorries coming in this place is costing me a fortune.

Check out the Facebook page for the pics

Ok sarah, next time I’m down your way I’ll give you…erm…your place a go. I use the A1 down to London a fair bit but I’m usually heading northbound at parking up time so can’t be bothered turning round just to park up for the night. If it’s straight forward I’ll do it?

Will make a note of this. Always looks shut up when you pass like it’s private land. It needs better signed / made more appealing.

What’s the one further back up the A1 with the breakfast for £3.50 sign ? Always wondered why nobody seems to park there although again it doesn’t look very inviting

nomiS36:
Ok sarah, next time I’m down your way I’ll give you…erm…your place a go. I use the A1 down to London a fair bit but I’m usually heading northbound at parking up time so can’t be bothered turning round just to park up for the night. If it’s straight forward I’ll do it?

Nowt to do with me mate granted, but it aint THAT far to turn back around S/bound, and if you’re getting a good deal on parking, with a meal shower and pint, it would not bother me going a few ks out.
But I’ve seen me go a few miles off route (not too many) to park somewhere decent, so maybe I’m the wrong guy to listen to. :smiley:

nomiS36:

Going N/B there is a cut across about a mile after it for Honeypot Lane, but I’m not a big fan of doing that in a lorry, so your best bet is to continue north to Colsterworth and turn around there. Coming out in the morning is only a question of 600 yards to the South Witham slip road where you can come off and go back north no bother. The Colsterworth option will put about 4 miles onto your journey if that. Go for it mate, you know it makes sense.

I don’t mean to offend anybody but the main reason I’ve never tried the Fox is because from the outside when your driving past it looks like a dump. Therefore I’ve never wanted to see what it’s like inside or try their food and facilities.

Colsterworth truckstop isn’t far from there either and I’ve always had a decent meal and shower there so I’ve always bypassed The Fox.

I will however try it next time I’m around that neck of the woods because it sounds like the people who run it are at least trying.

the maoster:

nomiS36:

Going N/B there is a cut across about a mile after it for Honeypot Lane, but I’m not a big fan of doing that in a lorry, so your best bet is to continue north to Colsterworth and turn around there. Coming out in the morning is only a question of 600 yards to the South Witham slip road where you can come off and go back north no bother. The Colsterworth option will put about 4 miles onto your journey if that. Go for it mate, you know it makes sense.

Cheers for that. I’ll give it a go.

Needs to be better than colsterworth,which it is’nt,at the moment.

I use The Fox whenever i’m in that area. I’ll even stop early or run into a 10 to get there rather than other stop on route.

One thing that I think would be off-putting for anyone considering stopping are the posts / updates from Sarah (owner) stating how much she is having to spend, of her own money, and how it’s the last shot at giving it a go etc. For anyone who hasn’t been in there they would probably read into it that they’re on the bones of their arse and cutting corners. It’s very poor advertising.

The Fox is a great stop, food is good, beer is good, company and banter is excellent.