The Direct Vision Standard?

Ours are getting fitted now, I got a call from the guy that’s fitted two of our fleet, he was panicking, as my gaffer had gave him the wrong prefix of my registration and it wasn’t coming up on the Tfl site, apparently, you have to register your vehicle before 1st March, then you are allowed a certain time to get compliant with the cameras and such, I’m very rarely in Londinistan now, but the gaffer is getting the whole fleet done, just in case of breakdown, holidays etc, to be honest, I’ve done that ■■■■ hole for years, but I moved back to Scotland and usually do most around the Midlands and north of England, having said that, I was sent down to Bullmans in Barking this week, can’t be armed with it anymore.

SAPPER

None of our units are done , only 3 rigids
But I think our new owners units are

Sent from my truck

Something that has just occurred to me: what about foreign lorries in the zone? Do they have exemptions? I can’t see there being a huge uptake amongst them for this farce.

the maoster:
Something that has just occurred to me: what about foreign lorries in the zone? Do they have exemptions? I can’t see there being a huge uptake amongst them for this farce.

Taken from tfl website
As can see they still need a permit.
But weather there chase up froegn company’s and.issue fines is anyone’s guess.

If the M25 is shut between say J27-25 at night, I’d normally come off at 31, go down the A13, round the north circular, and up the M1. Would I be able to do that in a vehicle without the extra mirrors etc? It doesn’t look as if I could.

ezydriver:
If the M25 is shut between say J27-25 at night, I’d normally come off at 31, go down the A13, round the north circular, and up the M1. Would I be able to do that in a vehicle without the extra mirrors etc? It doesn’t look as if I could.

In a word no. The zone operates 24 7

If the M25 is shut overnight for roadworks id suggestt you follow the official diversion.
Then if you do happen to get a fine at least you have. Case to appeal sayinng you was follow a official. Detour

Basically almost anyware that goes over the
M25 is in the zone…apart from.parts of Watford and And few sections of surrey

I have spoken to a few hauliers that are not going to cross the M25 anymore, wish we could
unfortunately we have a few deliveries inside the M25

Speaking one place we do stuff for they do to Heathrow cargo centre a lot. And that’s. Inside the zone.
You would of thought a huge business like that Heathrow and the cargo centre tjed make it outside the zone really.
Yes I know they money there raise from.it but come.on seriously

edd1974:
Speaking one place we do stuff for they do to Heathrow cargo centre a lot. And that’s. Inside the zone.
You would of thought a huge business like that Heathrow and the cargo centre tjed make it outside the zone really.

I looked at the map at even that little estate in chessington is in it
Opps fine coming my companies way as I went there Monday and came thorough Hampton court area

Sent from my truck

London’s fruit & veg, flower, meat and fish wholesale markets are all within the zone. They all have foreign registered lorries delivering as well as UK ones. The market traders don’t suffer fools gladly, if their diminishing trade is affected I can see Khan effigies hanging from lamp posts.

blue estate:

edd1974:

I looked at the map at even that little estate in chessington is in it
Opps fine coming my companies way as I went there Monday and came thorough Hampton court area

Sent from my truck

There’s a 90 day grace period that allows hauliers to equip their vehicles.

Yes from 28th February
You needed to apply for your certificate before the 28th February
to get the 90 day extension

We had a bit of plant on hire from a firm just inside the zone, they were desperate for it back and we told them we were busy for a couple of days (as I’m non compliant) so they said they’d come and collect it.

Turned up in a 12 plate non DVS Scania!

Apparently where they are there is no camera so they can sneak in and out the back door without getting caught, that vehicle being used now for work outside of the zone.

All very until well until a camera suddenly goes up and they don’t realise until the fines start rolling in a couple of weeks later :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

biggriffin:
Our lot have just paid £600+ each for 6 trucks, to be Done just so we can go into Khan’s Caliphate, and Bicycleists, can hear the big smelly lorry, instead of being able to bloody we’ll see it whilst coming up the inside,as you turn left…

Khan is a bloody menace, the sooner he gets voted out the better, trouble is it’s all the ethnicity that vote for him.

I don’t understand how long we have to wait before delivering to L becomes uneconomical for transport firms and they stop doing it or jack up the prices. Instaed it’s coming out of their/our own pockets to subsidize that idiot’s retarded ideas for things no one even asked for but hey if it’s “free” why not?? Well furlough was “free” and complete lockdown was “good” but now Rishi has printed the bill, not such a good idea after all was it…Sorry :blush:

End of the day we all know.its a tax. money making scheme.

The papers media etc don’t care.
There all anti truck etc anyway.

But as long as hauliers go no one will care.
And is like a catch 22 really
And I fear when this pandemic is.over more city’s will.follow suit .To.pay back the national debt.

Came to my unit yesterday now fitted out, one thing surprised me - the monitor for the NS camera also has audio from outside. Not sure if that is in the spec, seems pretty pointless, makes a right din from the wind noise over 30.

njl:
Came to my unit yesterday now fitted out, one thing surprised me - the monitor for the NS camera also has audio from outside. Not sure if that is in the spec, seems pretty pointless, makes a right din from the wind noise over 30.

You’ll hear all the names cyclists call you when sat at traffic lights.

ezydriver:

njl:

You’ll hear all the names cyclists call you when sat at traffic lights.

I’m not sure that makes them safer though!! :open_mouth:

SHYTOT:
Yes from 28th February
You needed to apply for your certificate before the 28th February
to get the 90 day extension

This is what we have gone for, and now the waiting game starts to see if the “LONDON” rate is forthcoming :unamused:

No rate increase = No cameras fitted :wink:

The customer`s know the score, so lets see if they play ball :bulb:

TfL are coining it in & have slapped HGV operators nearly £4million in (PCN) penalty charge notices in fines since March 2021. :open_mouth: transport-network.co.uk/Tho … ules/17319