The Bah Humbug Club!

Yippee he’s been, Bah Humbug. :imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Here we are again. Another years supply of socks, hankies and aftershave. Think I’ll get blootered - as usual and tell the"loved ones" afew home truths.
As usual, and pay for it after - as usual. Jim.

Well the fat git hasn’t been here :imp: Another year without a new Jaguar. Nothing, not even a kiss under the mistletoe. :cry:
Actually Mrs GOM did offer with the mistletoe bit :open_mouth: but I was quick, I said “no no my love, I think I’ve got a cold sore”. Phew, she nearly got me there. :unamused:

had a weepy xmas morning . my wife’s dad passed away in november at the age of 89 , when we emptied his home we found xmas presents all wrapped up and addressed , so we opened ours this morning , wife in floods of tears , and even i had a moist eye . merry xmas dad . a very merry xmas to all who read these pages , regards , dave

rigsby:
had a weepy xmas morning . my wife’s dad passed away in november at the age of 89 , when we emptied his home we found xmas presents all wrapped up and addressed , so we opened ours this morning , wife in floods of tears , and even i had a moist eye . merry xmas dad . a very merry xmas to all who read these pages , regards , dave

Had a similar thing here sixteen years ago Dave. My Mum died suddenly on the 19th December and had sent cards and presents were all here for all of us.
Always been in our thoughts since.
Happy Christmas to you & wfe Dave, also everyone on TNUK.
Cheers Dave.

We are all here for each other and to moan, help or pray for some kind of comfort or hope.
May you all have the goodwill you need or wish. There are others in bigger trouble.
We have each other. Jim.

just spent 3 hours looking for a wallet , which actually in the bed side table . Xmas bah humbug , merry Christmas all regards Keith .

I’m fast running out of non Christmassy films to watch

Today I have cooked and eaten our Christmas meal (topside of beef, yorkshires, parsnips, boiled and roast spuds, broccoli and carrots plus gateau to follow) and have just washed everything up ready for a short break before teatime. :open_mouth: We now have a few items to keep one of out 12 charity shops stocked up for a while, usual bath salts from sister in law (we took the bath out 20+ years ago! :unamused: ) and other assorted crap, gave cards to all the neighbours and received hardly any in return so they can get stuffed next year! :smiling_imp: Some sad news, one of the neighbours (who actually DID send a card) fell downstairs and broke her neck on sunday, she passed away yesterday, so not good for her husband and daughter. :cry: Soon be all over and we can return to our normal miserable selves!!! :slight_smile:

Pete.

Well the telly’s a steaming pile of turkey excrement. Again.

I hate this time of year as well always have

Not good this year as 25th dec 13 my uncle died but on a good not my grandson was born on 19th dec 14 weighing in at 5lb 4 both home & fine

Weepy■■? Mrs GOM has done more than her share today, we’ve been to the normal Christmas day family get together, our daughter Claire died 3 years ago, Mrs GOM couldn’t cope (again) so I had to bring her away. The young grandchildren couldn’t understand why grandma had to go home. :frowning:

Would have been the Camera person’s Mum’s birthday today, so all of her family have a drink of port at 3pm. Not easy remembering the loved one’s that have gone,especially at at Christmas, it always makes it harder. But best to " Keep Breathing " , and carry on.
Cheers Dave.

Should be a day of remembering as well as everything else that is thrown down us in this day & age it is not about how much money you spend

It can be a time for reflection

A Christmas Story . . .

When four of Santa’s elves were sick, the trainee Elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the
Pre-Christmas pressure.
Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.
When he went to harness the Reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where. Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered. :cry:
Frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the Elves had drunk all the cider and hidden the liquor. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the Mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little Angel with a great
big Christmas tree. The angel said very cheerfully, ‘Merry Christmas Santa. Isn’t this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?’

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

Not a lot of people know this. :wink:

B.T.W. Happy Birthday Archie Paice. :smiley:

mushroomman:
A Christmas Story . . .

When four of Santa’s elves were sick, the trainee Elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the
Pre-Christmas pressure.
Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.
When he went to harness the Reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where. Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered. :cry:
Frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the Elves had drunk all the cider and hidden the liquor. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the Mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little Angel with a great
big Christmas tree. The angel said very cheerfully, ‘Merry Christmas Santa. Isn’t this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?’

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

Not a lot of people know this. :wink:

B.T.W. Happy Birthday Archie Paice. :smiley:

I always wondered why the Christmas Angel has such a happy smile on her face!

John

good it’s all over at last , another 364 days until we are subjected to another round of jollity and over eating/drinking . going back to bed !

anything decent on TV?

Driver-Once-More:
anything decent on TV?

Pass dont have 1

Good move that. The magic fish-tank is an instrument of Beelzebub aimed at the gullible.
My other pet hates include:- Audi TT, cravats,noisy Saxos or Corsas, children below the age of 40, prohibition, anything French, birthdays, trick or treat, anything my elders say (they are getting fewer - I am 64) cabbage,marzipan,anything christmassy, and anybody who ignores me. Jim.