The Atkinson 'View-Line'

Atkinson Viewline a.jpg

moomooland:

Sutherland’s of Peterhead, I presume, Paul?

240 Gardner:
Sutherland’s of Peterhead, I presume, Paul?

Yes indeed Chris.

Here’s another View-Line this time pictured in 1968 at Earls Court

Viewline.

viewlineb.PNG

That’s some load wonder how many people lost their phone lines. :smiley:

Well cattle wagon man whos f86 is beaning held up buy this big load :laughing: :laughing: :astonished:

Elliott of York.

vline elliott.PNG

BVB 457H, new to the RTITB at Penwortham (Preston), posing in its home depot in June 1970. It spent all its RTITB life there, retiring at the end of 1983.

Viewline to the rescue.

Parked at Kirkby Lonsdale in the mid 90s, en route from West Yorkshire to Kendal, and with the sheet hiding a ballasted test trailer. At its peak, it had 18T on the trailer, when I supplemented the permanently-mounted concrete blocks with some pallets of scrap cement. It both rode and grunted magnificently with that trailer.

Atkinson Viewline BVB 457H by Chris Gardner, on Flickr

Parked at the summit of Shap Fell on one of Ted Hannon’s wonderful North of England Runs in the mid-90s, and probably the most modern motor in this view!

The til was loaded with about 16T of cat food that I had loaded out of Goole a few days beforehand, which is why it’s sitting down a bit on the drive axle.

5-18-2013_057. BVB 457H Atkinson Viewline by Ronnie Cameron, on Flickr

Heres another one Chris.

DEANB:
Heres another one Chris.

Ah yes, the sad remains of UEG 897H, the 75T View-Line new to Peterborough Heavy Haulage - unfortunately, it was cut not long after that photo was taken

Photograph courtesy of William Ford.

can’t remember if this one is on here:

4259340957_6687a52168_z.jpg

Or this one:

images.jpg

Robert