The 3 English Longlines

JOBE BEN:

bloody hell that looks smart…best job out the lot imo. i’ve seen the silver moody’d 1 (with a 13.6metre fridge i add) that looks nice with the double headed griffin on the side.

so the 3 longlines

1 is ran by barry george in his colours (used to b balck an gold)

2 is silver pictured in this thread with a fridge (used to b blue and white??)

3 is blue and white but in a compound?

confused to say the least

your confused?
i’ve seen two pictures of ex romantiek trucks which have got different belgium plates on but one is now in moodys colours and one might be still in a yard somewhere?
you can tell they are different cos of where the R620 badge is on the grill on one and behind the light bar on the other but i went on moody website and they got photo of black and gold one as well so is mr georges that one resprayed or one of the romantieks or moodys?
confused or what?
are there any more and can you buy them new?

well fair play to garry he,s got the best looking longline in this country that looks well

welshboyinspain:
your confused?
i’ve seen two pictures of ex romantiek trucks which have got different belgium plates on but one is now in moodys colours and one might be still in a yard somewhere?
you can tell they are different cos of where the R620 badge is on the grill on one and behind the light bar on the other but i went on moody website and they got photo of black and gold one as well so is mr georges that one resprayed or one of the romantieks or moodys?
confused or what?
are there any more and can you buy them new?

This has been discussed many times, but recently the ownership has changed on two of em. However, all were originally Belgium reg’d, and…

First one was originally Romantiek/LoTrans BVBA, impounded, eventually sold to Moodys.

Second one was originally John F Hogan, now sold to Garry George.

Third one was destined for Simon Boon International, never delivered, now sitting in a yard in Mendlesham.

so what does the simon boon one look like and does anybody know if its available?
can you still buy them or have they stopped making them?
would love to see what the interior is like if anybody got any photos

welshboyinspain:

i stand to be corrected but how i’ve got it in my head scania launched the long line on the later 4 series but have never made a R series longline they are all converted after leavin the production line?? i do believe you can choose different lengths aswell.

Tappy:

welshboyinspain:

i stand to be corrected but how i’ve got it in my head scania launched the long line on the later 4 series but have never made a R series longline they are all converted after leavin the production line?? i do believe you can choose different lengths aswell.

Jamie the salesman in Roy Humphreys told me that none of these 3 were factory produced…they were all converted somewhere in Holland…it stands to reason coz if you look at the back of the cabs on them theyve all got bottle jacks ( :open_mouth: ) jammed underneath to help to tilt the cabs…

I stand to be corrected but thats what the man told me :laughing:

Blissy:
Jamie the salesman in Roy Humphreys told me that none of these 3 were factory produced…they were all converted somewhere in Holland…it stands to reason coz if you look at the back of the cabs on them theyve all got bottle jacks ( :open_mouth: ) jammed underneath to help to tilt the cabs…

:wink:

another give away if they were done at the factory they had the extra section of wing under the cab, the gary george one has got it but they are easily retro fitted, all the factory ones had them. i’m not sure if they were ordered from the factory knowing they were going to be converted as the wheel base is that much longer■■?

Blissy:

Tappy:

welshboyinspain:

is it just me or can u see were the cab had been cut an fitted with the extra lenght

is it just me or can u see were the cab had been cut an fitted with the extra lenght
[/quote]
Funny that you say that coz the guy in Humphreys also said that if you look at them closely and at the right angle you can see where they are joined…

I reckon the man who will know whether this is BS or true will be Paulson…come on mate what you reckon ■■?

Don’t know Blissy! I know that they were customised by Adno in Belgium and they were all originally sourced from a Scania dealer in Belgium. If you go to http://www.adno.be/ and go to the gallery, there is a link there called ‘Long Line tijdens ombouw’ which has a load of pictures of a longline cab interior during conversion. But looking at the pics I don’t think Adno did the structural work because the metal frame of the cab is already complete - they seem to just do interior conversions.

Look at these pics, showing the side of the cab - they don’t say which actual truck this is by the way - it looks like a pretty solid job to me.

I have to say i’ve never seen any of them close up so I have no idea if they were done by Scania or not. But given the EU type approval regs, I can’t imagine that this would be possible by an after market firm, and surely the chassis is longer than a standard topline too?

Tappy:

JOBE BEN:

bloody hell that looks smart…best job out the lot imo. i’ve seen the silver moody’d 1 (with a 13.6metre fridge i add) that looks nice with the double headed griffin on the side.

This is pulling generators on Madonna at the mo!
Bet the double drivers who turn up to drive this are happy!

as far as i know garry drives it himself jacko

i might have missed something ,who owns the plain silver one from grimsby have seen it pulling a step deck ?

Carl:
as far as i know garry drives it himself jacko

True Carl but on Madge there are some severe double drives so Gary will have to give it up sometime, he won’t get his 45’s off on a tour like that. There was talk from the Shirley boys on Springsteen of a 5 man drive on one part of Madonna!!

they were built in belgium an so i was told gary did buy by the company !!! an scania only produced the long line in 4 series mode !! if u want to see more on these go to adno.be who done all the interior !!! as for the 620 i think it was always blue an white jus the interior green an white !!!

chappers i dont know whos been telling you that mate. the longline is made by a company in sweden who make the scania fire engine cabs amonst other things .adno in belgium did the interiors on the 3 english ones.go on v8power.nl forum mate theres loads on there.