That's what I call an engine!

We move a lot of stuff for ■■■■■■■ and that looks exactly like an older version of the gen sets we move every day

mucker85:
Why wouldn’t it be an original build generator. Plenty about, might have been a standby generator for a hospital or office block.

we used to have a similar one running a 600 amp genset as the emergency generator for all the signal boxes on the Manchester to hunts cross via warrington central line . installed in the mid sixties and only ever used once a month off load for testing before being unceremoniously smashed up on site after being replaced by a newer one ! disgraceful waste

Gembo:

Punchy Dan:
I have a V12 ■■■■■■■ for sale at the min ,it’s a 450 kva .

Fair piece of kit Dan, ball park figure??

I don’t want to be in trouble for advertising ,but I have it on a well known auction website .

mucker85:
Why wouldn’t it be an original build generator. Plenty about, might have been a standby generator for a hospital or office block.

exactly :slight_smile:

Punchy Dan:

Big enough to power a small village … :slight_smile:

I just feel it’s such a waste of what looks like a fantastic engine that would work a treat on an old truck. Probably have to cut holes in the underside of the cab to accommodate the turbos [emoji3]

Well it’s obvious innit. Wiv that dirty great fan on the back it’s a novercraft.

Every big hospital in the country has a has a BIG generator insitu,
MAN V10s are a popular choice as well as the big ■■■■■■■ donkeys.

peterm:
Well it’s obvious innit. Wiv that dirty great fan on the back it’s a novercraft.

No cover on it too!!! 2 finger salute to h&s…I like that!
Teach people to take some responsibility for themselves and if they can’t, well that’s the Charles Darwin theory proven for you [emoji57]

205:
Torque Up to 7,603,850 newton metres (5,608,310 lbf·ft) @ 102 rpm

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:

Gembo:
Its no where big enough to be a locomotive engine!

Could be, Class 08’s only had a 350hp engine.

08’s were fitted with an English Electric 6KT.
Although it was 350 HP its a fair bit bulkier than that ■■■■■■■■
flickr.com/photos/frosted_p … /204663758
Here’s another 6KT lump- wnxx.com/images/scrap/index. … ure&id=954

They also came with Gardners.

Punchy Dan:

Gembo:

Punchy Dan:

I don’t want to be in trouble for advertising ,but I have it on a well known auction website .

I had a look on Sothebys but couldn’t see it.

I made a gen set for a boat I was on years ago to use when we was in port and the main auxiliaries were shut down , single cylinder Lister coupled by belts to a 90ah 24v alternator, wiring cost more than then the other parts and you needed to run the engine to get it warm, stop it the put the belts back on but after a fashion it did the job :slight_smile: (wish I had put it on rubber mounts though as it vibrated like hell !)

peterm:

What did??
An 08 shunter?
Nope, not correct.
08’s have only ever been fitted with the EE 6KT.
Class 03 shunt engines on the other hand were fitted with Gardners. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_03

Gembo:

peterm:

What did??
An 08 shunter?
Nope, not correct.
08’s have only ever been fitted with the EE 6KT.
Class 03 shunt engines on the other hand were fitted with Gardners. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_03

Hands up to that Gembo. I could have sworn I read that some of the 08’s had Gardners at one time. As old Fonzie would have said, I was wr… wr… wrong.

thats a bit bigger than our stanby generator, 50cc 2 stroke churning out a whopping 600watts … LOL
nearly fired it up the night but the power come back on at 10:30 … best sat night for a while just sitting in front of the fire with a few tins of beer.

Own Account Driver:

Punchy Dan:

Gembo:

Punchy Dan:

I had a look on Sothebys but couldn’t see it.

Sold now ,awaiting transport to Iraq.

Any idea where Central Construction Services are going use as a operating centre in Wirksworth Dan, notice they are advertising for 8 wheel tipper drivers, Scania 141 looks in good fettle chap.

Sounds like central with the scania 8 wheelers ,they are already at Geesons on Sandyhill park middleton so it’s probably a renewal ?