That pop factory in Wakefield

Tipperdipper1:

rob22888:
Coca Cola still state they are happy with just two internals crossed at the back, so there lies your answer really. It ain’t illegal with a full load on an XL rated trailer, which all Stobarts are now in fairness.

Sorry but I see quite a few non XL certified of Eddies in Wakefield and elsewhere.

Sometimes it looks like some of their drivers don’t even carry enough ratchet straps or care about internal straps, but to be fair that is not only a general Stobart problem.

I’ve got at least 20 straps in my side locker plus the trailer has at least 8-12 hanging ratchet straps as well , god send when doing timber or bailed cardboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rob22888:
Coca Cola still state they are happy with just two internals crossed at the back, so there lies your answer really. It ain’t illegal with a full load on an XL rated trailer, which all Stobarts are now in fairness.

Most places I’ve been to that have securing requirements have notices on a noticeboard (often with pictures) saying this is how we want the load securing. If CC have, then take a decent picture of the notice, or better yet request a copy of it (don’t say why, other than for reference purposes) so if you get a tug and the ministry men are unhappy, produce the notice. May or may not get you off, but might be able to mitigate and spread the excrement back to the people in the offices who fancy they are the experts because they once read a book with some pictures in that they didn’t have to colour in themselves.

Nothing like that in any detail at Coke so far as I’m aware, just a statement on the site rules… “ensure loads are secured to our minimum standards - 2 rear pallets strapped”.

They don’t give a monkeys, really. I never seen them check a load for straps and they still don’t bother even shrink wrapping the pallets of 330ml cans. They know it’s all the drivers fault if anything goes wrong.

It’s my belief that consignors should be made responsible for what leaves their premises. Until that happens, or DVSA park outside the gate everyday causing chaos, nothing will ever change.

Own Account Driver:

chester:
Been a while since I been there. I caused a right storm in a teacup for refusing to pull a load out with no restraints for one of Britains finest hauliers :grimacing:
I just wondered what are the current practices there?
Are load restraints being used?
Or is it still just a case of closing the curtains and driving off.

One could argue how the biggest pop merchant and the biggest haulage outfit get away with non compliance?

It’s like there’s people in government who spend their time deliberately thinking up health and safety stuff that gives no mark limpers special opportunities to go mad with power.

I did notice a few of the employed mob look upon this Limper in awe!!
Infact I think they were star struck.
I don’t think they had seen a driver with a spine before and who wasn’t scared to tell his planner NO!

With respect chester, I suspect more eyes were rolling than blinking in admiration.