Tesco "Report" on Meeting

Lucy:
Not fault your Ken…cross posted. :wink:

Wot you on Luce.

Make mine a “double” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

it does seem that tesco are in breach of human rights i can only state my own case so here we go i suffered a heart attack in january of this year it it has left me with bad coronary desease for which i take 6 different tablets a day at various times now if i am locked out of my cab and cannot get to this medication because some git at tesco has got my keys

Whilst i sympathise with you having such a condition. Is it still ok for you to have an HGV licence with it? I mean i assume the DVLA are fine with it, but obviously being at a far higher risk of a stoke i’d have thought that was an instant licence loser? I’m not having a go, just wondering how the DVLA viewed it?

dennisw1:
higher risk of a stoke

Having once been to stoke i would say that was a very high risk :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

simon

First point.
Must admit to being thoroughly confused here. Why on earth Lucy are you trying to bounce this thread over to Truckers? Surely the issue has been followed and discussed here for long enough to make it a Trucknet issue too. It’s certainly important enough to be.

Second point.
This union man. This has got to be a wind up, right?
What on earth is someone who says
“i suffered a heart attack in january of this year it it has left me with bad coronary desease for which i take 6 different tablets a day”
doing driving a truck, especially if his condition is so critical as to be life threatening for the want of 6 pills a day? :open_mouth:
No doubt Tesco would let him in the truck if he asked (despite not being ‘locked out’), but if they knew of his state of health he wouldn’t have got passed the front gate.

Keep up the good work Baz, I know these things take time and have been following, and reading, all your reports.

Salut, David.

Simple, Spardo. We allow Bazman to drum up support here ( a goodwill gesture) no problem. We have no difficulty whatsoever with him finding out what drivers think in order to plan campaigns, either. And it is therefore logical - and courteous - that he should report back to those who have taken the time to reply. All of this happens with our express and specific permission, on a topic-by-topic basis.

However…Once a campaign gets going and people decide to challenge the way it is being run, then that is Barrie’s business, and his alone. He has a website to do his business on, and that is where it should remain once a campaign is underway.

We are NOT a campaigning organisation, and we never will be. Quite apart from anything else, we can’t afford it - campaigning rarely sits comfortably with those who provide our very meagre income!!!

To allow discussions about how Barrie runs his campaigns, and whether that is right, would be to blur the line. We have to mark boundaries somewhere…and today this thread has come up against one of them.

We support Truckersworld, of course we do…If we didn’t we wouldn’t allow Barrie to conduct research and drum up support here, nor would we give him free banner advertising. But the rules are quite simple when it comes to other sites’ actual day-to-day running-type business. We do not allow it here, just the same as we do not condone people taking our business elsewhere.

Quite simple really. …and a classic case of “one rule for all”. :wink:

Oh dear i can see another website fall out coming soon :frowning: :frowning:

simon

SimonRS2K:

simon

No fallout … :wink:
As Lucy has said we support Barrie and his campaigns, As a matter of courtesy we ask that the actual mechanics of how Barrie runs his campiagns, are discussed on the proper place to do it, on his own succesful website.

Barrie affords us the same courtesy and requests that any discussions of how TruckNet UK is operated is discussed on here and not on his forums.

Having such a clear cut policy enables both websites to continue doing what they do best, and in fact decreases the chances of misunderstandings.

in the past we have allowed criticism of how certain pressure groups operated, and it led to huge problems for both Trucknet UK and the other groups, not a mistake that we wish to make again. :cry:

Rikki

SimonRS2K:
simon

Definately no fallout between our 2 websites.

Although as stated on the other topic, this will be my last posting on TrucknetUk, and any further up dates will be sent to Lucy for posting on site.

Rikki & Lucy have always made it clear how things work and I accept that,
But felt it only right that I reply to a criticism made about me, by a member on here. “Nightflyer” is not a member on my site so I could not reply by that means.

To ensure that no disagreement happens again between our 2 sites then it is best to avoid posting personnelly, and allow Lucy to up date you.

TrucknetUk and the members on here have given me great support, but if someone “wrongfully” criticises me. I must reply or all members could believe the criticism.

I will happily take all criticism if the facts are correct and ask “nightflyer” to verify his posting where it should of been in the first place.

I havent always agreed with Barrys posting or even his thoughts, but he has worked tiredlessly on this site and his own to gather evidence. I dont give a crap about delays in Tesco, cos I dont go there :stuck_out_tongue:

I do however disagree that the T & G or its elected spokesman can disrupt a good site.

If nighflyer wants to get some credibility, he should have pestered his godforsaken union 20 years ago.

My reasons for not being in a union are well posted on trucknet and other sites. The only men to get any recognition are the leaders and shop stewards.

One for all and all for me :stuck_out_tongue:

At least Barry has taken the stand for lesser mortals.

I still dont agree with truckersmoan Bazman :smiley:

I have split the posts that follow this one off into a sperate thread which can be found in the Feedback Forum (since that is what they are about.). Any other “Feedback” about anything above should be posted there, so that this one can get back on topic.

And before anyone says anything, YES this is discrimination. POSITIVE discrimination to allow Bazman’s thread to continue in the spirit he started it. As is the fact it is a “Sticky” in the first place.