Tesco drivers reject 2.5% pay increase at dc's

Remember this Unite/Usdaw whilst they are there for you they are also there for the likes of the stores themselves Tesco/Sainsburys/Aldi/Asda etc etc and fact is Tesco actually pays more into the unions themselves than any of the others , Sainsburys is actually the least paying into .
Its all to do with representation of members in the Union .
So the greater the membership the greater it is for all .
So when all the Tesco drivers reject the 2.5 % but then carry on the next day getting behind the wheel remember what ever deal your given has already been worked out and agreed by the Union and Tesco .

This is the 21st centuary the transport industry has changed and every single driver has there own personal challenges .

Harry Monk:
Why don’t the drivers just leave and get jobs elsewhere?

Cos they have mortgages and bills to pay in the meantime?

I see these kinda comments on here all the time, pretty much daily.

Unfortunately this doesn’t pay the gas or electric bill, sometimes you just gotta bite your tongue and get on with it. Having morals and principles is all well 'n good on paper Harry, real life is somewhat different, especially with little mouths to feed.

But you crack on in the meantime why don’t ya.

Londontrucker123:

Harry Monk:

Ahaha! That old chestnut again, no doubt whilst ■■■■■■■■ about the agency drivers doing the same job for £30/hr booked up for the next 6 months and their phones never stop ringing from other agencies offering similar.

DCPCFML:

Londontrucker123:

Harry Monk:

Ahaha! That old chestnut again, no doubt whilst ■■■■■■■■ about the agency drivers doing the same job for £30/hr booked up for the next 6 months and their phones never stop ringing from other agencies offering similar.

Personally I like my job that’s why I’m staying. It not about ■■■■■■■■, it’s about a fair and level playing field for everyone. There can not be anything wrong with that can there?

Dimlaith:

DCPCFML:

Londontrucker123:

Harry Monk:

Personally I like my job that’s why I’m staying. It not about ■■■■■■■■, it’s about a fair and level playing field for everyone. There can not be anything wrong with that can there?

That’s not how most of the world works. Here in the UK it is (currently) a free market where you are, you know, free to take your services and skills elsewhere should you be unhappy with your current lot. Perhaps you’d feel more at home in China if you want to live in a communist society where everyone is equal.

[/quote]
That’s not how most of the world works. Here in the UK it is (currently) a free market where you are, you know, free to take your services and skills elsewhere should you be unhappy with your current lot. Perhaps you’d feel more at home in China if you want to live in a communist society where everyone is equal.
[/quote]
What a load of bull! I will make myself clear. I like my current job. I started on agency around 16 years ago. Left a few times for permanent employment but always ended up back there. I have been on the books for a number of years now and cannot see your problem with all the drivers at the same DC being paid the same rate. Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder

Dimlaith:
What a load of bull! I will make myself clear. I like my current job. I started on agency around 16 years ago. Left a few times for permanent employment but always ended up back there. I have been on the books for a number of years now and cannot see your problem with all the drivers at the same DC being paid the same rate. Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder

I am not quite sure how you’ve reached that conclusion. Seems more like you are lashing out with abuse because you’re not getting the replies you want. I stand by my comment that you are in favour of a communist society and instead of ranting on here where absolutely no-one cares, you should seriously look at moving to China who already have in place the societal model that you strongly desire.

Londontrucker123:

Harry Monk:

I see these kinda comments on here all the time, pretty much daily.

Unfortunately this doesn’t pay the gas or electric bill, sometimes you just gotta bite your tongue and get on with it. Having morals and principles is all well 'n good on paper Harry, real life is somewhat different, especially with little mouths to feed.

But you crack on in the meantime why don’t ya.

It’s not rocket science, you sort out a new job and then hand in your notice, thus keeping the money coming in. Only downsides are if moving from a job on weekly pay to a monthly paid one and you are somehow broke every week.

DCPCFML:

Dimlaith:

I am not quite sure how you’ve reached that conclusion. Seems more like you are lashing out with abuse because you’re not getting the replies you want. I stand by my comment that you are in favour of a communist society and instead of ranting on here where absolutely no-one cares, you should seriously look at moving to China who already have in place the societal model that you strongly desire.

Abuse? Really. I said it’s seems like you have a chip on your shoulder. It’s the way you come across in your posts, also very patronising.

Harry Monk:

Not everybody is in to job hopping & maybe they would rather wait and see if terms can improve where they are settled before jumping ship. If you have been working direct for a supermarket (for example) for a long period time doing the same stuff, used to working 45hr weeks, your lifestyle, home life, childcare etc. set up around your set shift pattern and have a nice pension ticking along etc., it’s not necessarily an easy decision to jack it in.

I don’t work for a supermarket but my full time job is a 10 minute cycle ride from my home, good work/life balance, good colleagues, good pension scheme. I’m not going to jack that in to go on agency personally.

DCPCFML:

tmcassett:
You know things are bad when you have Carryfast babbling on about drivers doing “warehouse duties”

Neither of them have anything better to do with their time so post rubbish on here.

Strange how you’re obviously arguing against your own posts and joining in moaning at someone for actually agreeing with you.
I thought there was a rule about trolling on here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=169889#p2781019

rob22888:

Harry Monk:

Not everybody is in to job hopping & maybe they would rather wait and see if terms can improve where they are settled before jumping ship. If you have been working direct for a supermarket (for example) for a long period time doing the same stuff, used to working 45hr weeks, your lifestyle, home life, childcare etc. set up around your set shift pattern and have a nice pension ticking along etc., it’s not necessarily an easy decision to jack it in.

I don’t work for a supermarket but my full time job is a 10 minute cycle ride from my home, good work/life balance, good colleagues, good pension scheme. I’m not going to jack that in to go on agency personally.

Very well said.

Have you actually sat down and worked out the difference between legacy and new contract? I’ve had a look at my place but it is only a look because the old terms altered something not available to me but on the surface I’m not missing out on too much?

toonsy:
Have you actually sat down and worked out the difference between legacy and new contract? I’ve had a look at my place but it is only a look because the old terms altered something not available to me but on the surface I’m not missing out on too much?

Yes I have, on the basic the old contract are on around £1.60 an hour more. Double time on Sunday. Every 7th week off on leisure with the option to work over time. Easy £40000 a year. To earn that I need to work a hell of a lot of overtime.

All I and my fellow new contract drivers want is the same basic hourly pay as the old contract drivers and the same as Avonmouth DC. We are expected to go to Avonmouth and help them out when they are in the ■■■■ but for less on the hourly rate.

Dimlaith:

toonsy:

Yes I have, on the basic the old contract are on around £1.60 an hour more. Double time on Sunday. Every 7th week off on leisure with the option to work over time. Easy £40000 a year. To earn that I need to work a hell of a lot of overtime.

All I and my fellow new contract drivers want is the same basic hourly pay as the old contract drivers and the same as Avonmouth DC. We are expected to go to Avonmouth and help them out when they are in the [zb] but for less on the hourly rate.

I applied for a job at Magor went in for the interview.I asked about Avonmouth and was told if i work there i will be on Magor rates .The guy said we can work out some thing .I pointed out sorry interview over why should i go over the bridge and work for less .

I reckon they were telling you porkies to get you to accept the job at Magor.