Temporary Driver Holiday/Pension Claims

It seems the courts really are getting behind workers rights, even if you are deemed as being self employed.

freelanceinformer.com/umbre … liday-pay/

Dodgy LTD’s

023EDEA7-893E-4E8A-AF40-4BD0AB859E52.png

Is there any justification for the entitlement of Holiday pay at the rate of 12.07% applied to hours worked, for this not to be applied to overtime? (in my example overtime is the same basic rate).

stu675:
Is there any justification for the entitlement of Holiday pay at the rate of 12.07% applied to hours worked, for this not to be applied to overtime? (in my example overtime is the same basic rate).

Claims are based upon the total invoice value.

This result of the case Smith vs Pimlico Plumbers Ltd may assist claimants. That case went on for nearly a decade ending up in the Supreme Court I believe. Mr Smith was self-employed but treated like an employee, having to wear a company uniform and drive a company van. The end result was something along the lines of Pimlico wasn’t a genuine client or customer because of the contract arrangements and the way things were arranged being more like an employer-employee relationship. Mr Smith was entitled to holiday pay for the duration of his employment.

Kinder sounds like the guys who were limited telling us paye types were mugs because they got more per hour and then when covid furlough kicked in didn’t like being paid 80% of what they declared. So now they need another claim for being shafted?

This reminds me of the m1 south towards London,if there are roadworks,accident etc,the 50 sign illuminates but I still get trucks overtakung me on the limiter but the cameras never seem to flash at them