Tarmac tippers

I went off on a tangent and did a search on Limmer and Trinidad. Fascinating :stuck_out_tongue:

Iveco Eurocargo 180 - 250 - YG17FNU:
(Not a tipper, but still a very interesting vehicle:

Great thread, I think the reason Tarmac is such a variety
is so many subbies and O/D’s.
I dont think Tarmac actually ran any or many of there own motors for years.

Borderer:
I dont think Tarmac actually ran any or many of there own motors for years.

The majority of Tarmac motors these days are run by franchised owner drivers.

The only one I can think of which is entirely run by Tarmac and uses their own motors is the Trupak division which distributes bulk bags and small bagged aggregates and sand to builders merchants and the likes of B&Q. (Probably the easiest job at Tarmac - I would know as I have the pleasure of regular work them through the agency!)

Strictly speaking not a proper pic,but,what the hell ! :smiley:

Also,an early Tarmac Settite vehicle.

Got a few more to come yet ! :wink:

Here’s a couple more BD :wink:

BD…Have you got any Tarmac ‘Topblock’ pics? I used to work out of their Hemel Hempstead plant many years ago, before it was Tarmac it was ‘Hemelite Blocks’ I think they closed it down in the early 90’s and its now a housing estate :frowning:

297270753_605187184302959_2750525230768797140_n.jpgPhoto and vehicle owned by Ian Mycock from Facebook (old tipper and mixer group)who worked out of the quarries in Buxton around 1989.

Nice pics DB,that Hillhead Quarries motor brought back memories for me.I used to live in Froggatt in the 40’s and 50’s(you’ll know Froggatt Edge of course) and there was an endless procession of tippers grinding their way up Froggatt Edge.Names I remember were Hillhead Quarries,Hughes Brothers,Ben Bennett Jr Rotherham,Derbyshire Stone,Steel Peech and Tozer (Leyland Octopus’s or should that be Octopi :smiley: ),Dowlow Lime,Masons from Stoney Middleton,Eyam Quarries,Glebe Mines and later in the 60’s Owens from Dinnington,Darlton Quarries,Laportes and a host of others whose names escape me. :confused:
I used to work (for nowt) when I was about 12 or 13 at the Grouse Inn Longshaw when it was a pub and a farm and used to hang on the back of a tipper with me bike and get a free lift up to work,choking with fumes.
You couldn’t do it now,those 8-leggers fairly romp up there. :open_mouth:
If you want any pics of Isle of Man tippers let me know.
Of course I forgot Ballidon and Longcliffe. :blush:

Fantastics pics there fellas.

Brought back so many good memories from my childhood, where I would spend every day of my holidays with my dad who worked for Limmer and Trinidad at St Peters, Newcastle upon Tyne and later to become Tarmac Roadstone at Blaydon Quarry.

Would love to see a pic of an early 70s AEC Mercury with a Neville Pavertrailer though in Limmer livery. I remember my dad got one new in 1970, can even remember the registration XTN 897 H

Cool pictures, love the Foden with the ‘Big Cam engine’ - wet weight 6.08 tonnes for a six wheeler chassis cab. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Chris Webb:
Nice pics DB,that Hillhead Quarries motor brought back memories for me.I used to live in Froggatt in the 40’s and 50’s(you’ll know Froggatt Edge of course) and there was an endless procession of tippers grinding their way up Froggatt Edge.Names I remember were Hillhead Quarries,Hughes Brothers,Ben Bennett Jr Rotherham,Derbyshire Stone,Steel Peech and Tozer (Leyland Octopus’s or should that be Octopi :smiley: ),Dowlow Lime,Masons from Stoney Middleton,Eyam Quarries,Glebe Mines and later in the 60’s Owens from Dinnington,Darlton Quarries,Laportes and a host of others whose names escape me. :confused:
I used to work (for nowt) when I was about 12 or 13 at the Grouse Inn Longshaw when it was a pub and a farm and used to hang on the back of a tipper with me bike and get a free lift up to work,choking with fumes.

As if by magic,a Masons Atki suddenly appears ! :smiley:

Pictured at Agecroft.

BonkeyDollocks:

Chris Webb:

As if by magic,a Masons Atki suddenly appears ! :smiley:

Piccie had disappeared so I’ll try again ! :confused:

They keep on coming ! :smiley:

Photobucket

ex tarmac motor gentleman ralph now retired

3 more ! :wink:

Not a particularly good pic,but…