tanker companies

jerry truckartist:
What happened to Fearn tankers, Hoyland , Barnsley, i think, Green, & red volvo,s, then later M A N, well kept fleet in the late 70’s-- early 80’s?

jerry :smiley:

This might be what you need.
Fearns Tankers Barnsley

Thanks for that, Wheelnut … my question answered !!

jerry

And what about Catchpoles,they were from Ellesmere Port as well IIRC.

Chris Webb:
And what about Catchpoles,they were from Ellesmere Port as well IIRC.

Hoyer bought George Catchpole

Hoyer bought George Catchpole
[/quote]

thats right and theres still an ex catchpole driver working on hoyer red fleet in ellesmere port name of mike carter,

Found this pic of one of Crow’s they had adepot in Southampton were part of the TD Group with Molo’s.

Regards Pat

AINACS

Blimey Pat are there any old Soton companies that you hav,nt got pics of ?
MOLO Theres a blast from the past

Regards Tony

mappo:
AINACS

Regards Tony

Yes Tony loads of them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Eurohaul, Eurokay,Warrens, Clapcotts, Cornicks, Ingram Furness but to name a few :laughing: :laughing:

Still here is a Molo’s 5 speed day cab 110 just for you

Regards Pat

ainacs:

mappo:
AINACS

Regards Tony

Yes Tony loads of them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Eurohaul, Eurokay,Warrens, Clapcotts, Cornicks, Ingram Furness but to name a few :laughing: :laughing:

Still here is a Molo’s 5 speed day cab 110 just for you

Regards Pat

Did you say you had some pics of Warrens Transport? I dare you to put one on! I did a job or two for them in the long ago.Humour an old pensioner who is down on his luck :laughing: :laughing:

What happened to South Western Tar Distillers at Totton? I went in there a couple of times in the early 70s when I worked for A.E.Evans.

Nice to see you are back Charlie by the way.I understand you’ve been roaming round the south west. :smiley:

Chris Webb:
What happened to South Western Tar Distillers at Totton? I went in there a couple of times in the early 70s when I worked for A.E.Evans.

Nice to see you are back Charlie by the way.I understand you’ve been roaming round the south west. :smiley:

I think they are still going Chris. I use to load for Austria until fairly recently

Sorry Charlie that reply was saying that there are loads of Southampton tTransport Companies that I haven’t got pics of! Wish I had though :frowning:

Regards Pat

Hi Pat,Sorry mate my mistake.I must take more water with it :laughing: HI Chris thanks for your posting.No mate not Southwest. Highlands and Islands.Had a great time.Back to reality. :cry: :cry:

charlie one:
Hi Pat,Sorry mate my mistake.I must take more water with it :laughing: HI Chris thanks for your posting.No mate not Southwest. Highlands and Islands.Had a great time.Back to reality. :cry: :cry:

:laughing: Next time call into the IOM on your way down from Scotland and I’ll buy you a pint.

Or two. :smiley:

Hi Chris.I’ll do that if I’m spared. :laughing: Best regards Charlie

Chris Webb:
Thanks for that Wheelnut.Yes Townson not Townend,but have I got it wrong with ICI Heysham? I’m sure I took Methanol in there once but not sure as could have been Thornton.Have been to Heysham Port several times as IOM ferry runs there but can’t mek me mind up where ICI was.
The old memory is fading a bit , pal

You are right mate Townson took over a company call Randell Tankers from heysham in 1976 and they worked out of ICI heysham works moving Ammonia /Nitric Acid and Ammonium Nitrate.The run up to stirling was to a company call Quest at Menstrie.the night lads use to del and return in same night 5 nights a week.

Stanfield:

Chris Webb:
Thanks for that Wheelnut.Yes Townson not Townend,but have I got it wrong with ICI Heysham? I’m sure I took Methanol in there once but not sure as could have been Thornton.Have been to Heysham Port several times as IOM ferry runs there but can’t mek me mind up where ICI was.
The old memory is fading a bit , pal

You are right mate Townson took over a company call Randell Tankers from heysham in 1976 and they worked out of ICI heysham works moving Ammonia /Nitric Acid and Ammonium Nitre.The run up to stirling was to a company call Quest at Menstrie.the night lads use to del and return in same night 5 nights a week.

Randalls, Stanfield,that’s the name and thanks for telling me.
I thought I’d had a “senior moment” for a bit. :smiley:

I’ve managed to find some more photos kindly passed on by tank builders, looking through all the other threads I think they fit here rather than starting a new one. I’ve posted some in other threads but will add them here. Apologies if you’ve seen them before
I’ve Researched some of the names and suspect that some of the companies in the photo’s evolved into companies still around today (or only recently finished) some obvious some not so obvious
I often think that we are overtaken by technology, but when you look at some of the older trucks and tankers its quite often the wheel re-invented.
An old mate was telling me about the cruise control on the Scammell, a brass handle through the engine cover that apparently locked the fuel pump, although you had to manaally release it, OK unless you had to stop in a hurry !

A few more picturesof tanks passed on By UBH, some names that you may recognise ?

Great pictures sniffy.I’d forgotten all about Ward Longbottom and me being a Sheffielder as well :smiley: