tanker companies

Unusual axle-layout on the trailer, wonder what the thinking behind this was?

IMG_NEW.jpg

Volvo N10, D.J.v.d. Kooy

IMG_0001_NEW.jpg

Operated by Bremken en de Vringer.

IMG_NEW.jpg

D

IMG_NEW.jpg

F10

IMG_NEW.jpg

F12

IMG_NEW.jpg

adr:
F12

Oops :blush:

F12

IMG_NEW.jpg

F12

IMG_NEW.jpg

Alan Lodge tankers
Alan Lodge Tankers.JPG
Sadler Tankers (when it was called Sadler & Co Ltd) Thornaby on Tees
Sadler&Co.jpg

A TVW G68, nice looking wagon, cab got a ERF look about it if you give it a oval grill. I’d never heard of a TVW myself :confused:

IMG_NEW.jpg

H&J Transport from Oldbury, contract & spot-hire firm.

adr:
A TVW G68, nice looking wagon, cab got a ERF look about it if you give it a oval grill. I’d never heard of a TVW myself :confused:

Hello adr those TVWs were built in Warrington using left over parts when sentinels finished , some of them had Commer 2 stroke motors , i think it was North Cheshire who actually built them , and the cabs may have been locally built by boalloy . thank you Trevor

adr:

It stood for Transport Vehicles Warrington, they used up surplus Sentinel parts after they ceased production. I don’t think any two trucks were the same, some had Gardner 6LW’s fitted, a couple of eight wheeler tippers only had Gardner four potter’s (!) some tractor units had Commer two strokes, but the chassis was basically Sentinel!

Pete.

I remember NCM in Warrington ,iirc Alf Sutton had his fingers in the building of those vehicles ,Ted.

tastrucker:

adr:

Hello adr those TVWs were built in Warrington using left over parts when sentinels finished , some of them had Commer 2 stroke motors , i think it was North Cheshire who actually built them , and the cabs may have been locally built by boalloy . thank you Trevor

Hi Trevor, wonder if it was a kind of management buy-out thing at the time to try & keep things going etc? Although those sort of things usually start off full of enthusiasm but are usually doomed to failure :frowning: . Regards Chris

adr:

tastrucker:

adr:

Hi Trevor, wonder if it was a kind of management buy-out thing at the time to try & keep things going etc? Although those sort of things usually start off full of enthusiasm but are usually doomed to failure :frowning: . Regards Chris

Hello again adr , i wouldnt know if it had been a management buy out but Suttons did have some as well , and there was a firm around leicester who had some tippers . thank you Trevor

tastrucker:

adr:

tastrucker:

adr:

Hello again adr , i wouldnt know if it had been a management buy out but Suttons did have some as well , and there was a firm around leicester who had some tippers . thank you Trevor

Hi Trevor, I could see why a Haulier the size of Sutton’s would be interested in a venture like that, with the amount of wagons they bought it would keep their costs down to be able to have some say in the design & combine that with possibly a lower purchase price!!! Regards Chris

One Of Mr Lynch’s finest

And one of Hay’s loading Hypo, Forresters 141 and Bettley’s in Hay’s at Sandbach

Sniffy:
One Of Mr Lynch’s finest

And one of Hay’s loading Hypo, Forresters 141 and Bettley’s in Hay’s at Sandbach

Hello sniffy , lovely picture of Hays . forresters had 2 of those scanias but i think they were 111s that were stored for a couple of years before Cyril put them on the road . I believe they have been on trucknet somewhere else but i cant remember where though . thank you Trevor