Taking your keys off you?

Life in general can be broken down into a set of binary responses( yes/no) that’s how computers work.

On arrival at an RDC you may be asked to part with your keys etc when on a bay, you have two choices, yes and you will get tipped eventually. No and you will more than likely(almost certainly) be asked to leave site and accept whatever consequences result from that choice.

The choice is yours.

Not very nice but that’s life.

Even with an airline lock you can still drag a trailer if it’s light, the only proper solution I’ve seen is the mechanisms that lock the trailer wheels in place, although they aren’t fantastic as they don’t get on too well with the mudguards but the trailer won’t go anywhere, expensive though.

weeto:
I just give them the keys minus the central locking remote, then go back to the cab, only been “told off” once at a ND site!

“Told off” - I had some yard guy come around and evict me from my cab when I tried that one on!
(ND Didcot)

DJC:
the only proper solution I’ve seen is the mechanisms that lock the trailer wheels in place, although they aren’t fantastic as they don’t get on too well with the mudguards but the trailer won’t go anywhere, expensive though.

http://www.loading-systems.com/products/vehicle-restraint-system

Amazon, Milton Keynes.
Chocks, Airline lock, keys handed in and sat in a drivers waiting room with a communal toilet. Glad I’m not female.

the law requires separate toilets for females., unless it’s been changed.

del949:
the law requires separate toilets for females., unless it’s been changed.

Amazon have their own rules. The lady driver who works for us hates going there. One waiting room, one toilet.

sweepster:
Amazon, Milton Keynes.
Chocks, Airline lock, keys handed in and sat in a drivers waiting room with a communal toilet. Glad I’m not female.

Are you sure the waiting room itself isn’t the communal toilet?.. Listening to what sprouts out of people’s mouths there…

Daytrunker:
Amazon rugeley take your keys and the office nob said we lock your cab so you cant go back to it you have to sit in the “rest room”.
Only said that once never been asked to go back funnily enough lol but amazon hemel have your keys but can sit in your cab.

Interesting. They don’t at Wednesbury. Have to stay in the rest room. :frowning:

Juddian:
Whilst drivers meekly carry on being treated like livestock, gratefully doffing their caps to jumped up little hitlers behind the counters in these dumps, they’ll keep dishing this crap out.

Exactly.

United Biscuits at Ashby are a funny lot. If you’re live loading, you must drop your trailer on the bay, where the wheels are chocked by a mechanical chock. You then drive up to a parking space (unit only), and then hand in your keys before they’ll load you. You can sit in your cab though, plus they have a restroom with well stocked machines, and you’re able to use the toilets/showers. The showers are spotless - quite possibly because nobody uses them. That’s probably because they’re useless and only trickle with water.

Reubs766:
United Biscuits at Ashby are a funny lot. If you’re live loading, you must drop your trailer on the bay, where the wheels are chocked by a mechanical chock. You then drive up to a parking space (unit only), and then hand in your keys before they’ll load you. You can sit in your cab though, plus they have a restroom with well stocked machines, and you’re able to use the toilets/showers. The showers are spotless - quite possibly because nobody uses them. That’s probably because they’re useless and only trickle with water.

that’s all very well ,but the factory shop is always ruddy shut!! when I go :frowning: :frowning:

Morrisons wakefield take our keys when we are in the back pallet trucking off lol

syramax:

Reubs766:

that’s all very well ,but the factory shop is always ruddy shut!! when I go :frowning: :frowning:

How very rude of them. More to the point, at least you knew they had one - nobody ever bothered to inform me they had one! Useless peoples.

Hiya at the paper mill not far from where i live the trailers have a pin (as in turntable) under the chassis
of the trailer, you back onto the pin and there you stay.(its so they can slid a full load of reels in with one push)
when your loaded(2 mins) the pin is released by the office chap with a switch(air i suppose)then you can pull away.
Job sorted…or is that to expensive■■?..i never said the trailers have long jo loaders for loading…
John

just had a quick check and it appears that one toilet for male and female is acceptable in those circumstances. However it must have a lockable door.

When I went to the news printers in broxbourne I had to back onto a bay then go inside and hang my keys on the bay door. The door goes up with the keys attached and doesn’t come down until your done loading. However I never had to lock the truck, I could get my head down for an hour or so whilst they were loading.

Smoggie89:
Morrisons wakefield take our keys when we are in the back pallet trucking off lol

Whenever I have been there they have unloaded me

They tend to ask for keys now as there have been accidents in the past where drivers have driven off bays while still being load/unloaded

1 lad handed his car keys in forgot went back to cab drove off leaving his car key there got back to dept realised so somebody else had to go retrieve them ( the person that retrieved them told me this last week he did also tell me where it happened )

Winseer:

sweepster:
Amazon, Milton Keynes.

Are you sure the waiting room itself isn’t the communal toilet?.. Listening to what sprouts out of people’s mouths there…

Ha Ha… It’s full of RM Drivers, what are you trying to say. We don’t talk ■■■■ do we? :smiley:.

As a forkie now, I find the best method which doesn’t get argument from drivers, is to give them my tea machine key and tell them to get a brew. They are tipped by the time they get back.