Taking the plunge to wannabe status

ROG:

twincle:
Now I have an ‘01’ code that says i need glasses while driving

Is that 01 only next to LGV or on everything :question:

That is a good question, of which I have no idea of the answer. I’ll have to wait until the license arrives as I still cant see my license details online

twincle:

ROG:

twincle:

That is a good question, of which I have no idea of the answer. I’ll have to wait until the license arrives as I still cant see my license details online

My LGVs have 01 code but not any other category

Oddly my pre 97 C1 does not have 01 but the C1 covered by the C does :unamused:

ROG:

twincle:

ROG:

twincle:

My LGVs have 01 code but not any other category

Oddly my pre 97 C1 does not have 01 but the C1 covered by the C does :unamused:

Mine came back with 01 on everything.

cant wait to see what is actually on mine, it will arrive in a few days according to a .gov online chat handler. They stated thats the reason why i cant see my license online as they take the record down while it’s amended. I also asked about when the CE provisional would be added and the response i got was:

You (4:01:32 PM):one last q
You (4:01:51 PM):provisional for c, do i need a seperate one for C+E?
Demi-Louise (4:02:16 PM):No, due to the change of rules that are due to be coming in, the CE will be given to you once you pass the C.

And with that I’m non the wiser :smiley:

twincle:
:

You (4:01:32 PM):one last q
You (4:01:51 PM):provisional for c, do i need a seperate one for C+E?
Demi-Louise (4:02:16 PM):No, due to the change of rules that are due to be coming in, the CE will be given to you once you pass the C.

And with that I’m non the wiser :smiley:

Surely, that was the old current system that PASSING C gave you provisional CE. So she must mean on the day the changes are made, everyone with provisional C gets provisional CE.

she must mean on the day the changes are made, everyone with provisional C gets provisional CE.

That is what we are led to believe. I hope that’s the case otherwise DVLA will go into mega meltdown!

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:

she must mean on the day the changes are made, everyone with provisional C gets provisional CE.

That is what we are led to believe. I hope that’s the case otherwise DVLA will go into mega meltdown!

…And when will that day be?

And when will that day be?

That is yet to be decided/announced.

I’ll get it on here as soon as I know. I have a good feeling it MIGHT be announced late this week.

Pete S:

I’ll get it on here as soon as I know. I have a good feeling it MIGHT be announced late this week.

Sounds like my timing couldn’t be worse. I’ve got Class 2 lessons starting a week today at PSST. Any advice Pete? (Incidentally, I used to deliver your milk many years ago when you lived in Forest Town :smiley: )

chris2105gb:

Pete S:

Sounds like my timing couldn’t be worse. I’ve got Class 2 lessons starting a week today at PSST. Any advice Pete? (Incidentally, I used to deliver your milk many years ago when you lived in Forest Town :smiley: )

Combining C and C+E isn’t going to happen until Feb 22 according t the CEO of RHA, so I would just crack on as normal - you should have them done before the Government pulls their finger out

Combining C and C+E isn’t going to happen until Feb 22 according t the CEO of RHA,

With the greatest respect to the CEO of RHA, they have no more knowledge than anyone else. As I have mentioned, we hope to hear this week.

And I’ll let you know when it’s definite.

With the greatest respect to the CEO of RHA, they have no more knowledge than anyone else. As I have mentioned, we hope to hear this week.

And I’ll let you know when it’s definite.

LOL I really took it that he was ‘in the know’ … that will teach me - my naivety showing through :slight_smile:

I contacted my MP weeks ago to try and get some insight into the timescales, as well as the actual likelihood of it going through - as I assumed it was going to have to go to a HoC vote following the consultation 7th Sept. I was informed that they wouldn’t need a vote as they already have the adequate legislation in place to change this without a vote, if they chose to do so. He said he was taking that to the committee for some follow up answers, but I am still waiting … he is Labour so go figure :smiley:

Marc

The legislation is due to be “laid down” in parliament on Monday coming. I understand the procedure is that it stays there for 28 days. (I dont have any idea why). It is possible it may be debated. I’m also told that the proposed changes do require a change in the law.

However, no-one has yet been informed what will be in the legislative change.

In other words, we’re no further forward. But I’ll let you all know as soon as there is reliable information rather than guesswork.

Pete S:
The legislation is due to be “laid down” in parliament on Monday coming. I understand the procedure is that it stays there for 28 days. (I dont have any idea why). It is possible it may be debated. I’m also told that the proposed changes do require a change in the law.

However, no-one has yet been informed what will be in the legislative change.

In other words, we’re no further forward. But I’ll let you all know as soon as there is reliable information rather than guesswork.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Pete S:
(I dont have any idea why)

I don’t think they do either… :grimacing: :grimacing:

chris2105gb:
Mine came back with 01 on everything.

DVLA have written seperatley to me ahead of receiving my license, saying 01 on everything too :unamused:

Pete S:

Thank You Pete

Well after writing in my diary I had the hazard perception test at 2.45 yesterday in staines, I checked the night before and it was in actual fact a theory test at 11am in guildford :smiling_imp: lucky i checked! Anyway, in / out quick as a flash with a pass. Next is the hazard perception on 29th at 2.45 funnily enough :smiley:… Next step though is to email dvla about ce provisional entitlement

twincle:
Well after writing in my diary I had the hazard perception test at 2.45 yesterday in staines, I checked the night before and it was in actual fact a theory test at 11am in guildford :smiling_imp: lucky i checked! Anyway, in / out quick as a flash with a pass. Next is the hazard perception on 29th at 2.45 funnily enough :smiley:… Next step though is to email dvla about ce provisional entitlement

Passed the hazard persecption and got the emails sorted, just got to sort out training. Not just finding a provider, but funding and time off work to do it. Sometime in the new year now but looking forward to it already.

Sounds like you’re local to me. What providers have you looked at and what do you do now?