Taking the airlines off!

I think I’m developing tennis elbow from pulling the fifth wheel handle :unamused:

OVLOV JAY:
Jesus Christ I’ve heard it all now :unamused:

+1

merc0447:
Over the years averaging maybe 2 trailers a day must be thousands and thousands of airlines I’ve put on and taken off. And in all those years I’ve never once thought about downloading an app to see what the decibel was. .

I thought about it one day, but I had more important stuff on, I had my pubic hairs to count on that occasion so I never got around to it. :smiley:

robroy:

merc0447:
Over the years averaging maybe 2 trailers a day must be thousands and thousands of airlines I’ve put on and taken off. And in all those years I’ve never once thought about downloading an app to see what the decibel was. .

I thought about it one day, but I had more important stuff on, I had my pubic hairs to count on that occasion so I never got around to it. :smiley:

Bet there was more grey ones… :wink:
Shaven haven in my basement Rob but I wonder if there’s an app I can download that will tell me how many tugs I can do before RSI becomes a danger.
(I mean tugs of the 5th wheel thingymajig)

maestegboy:
Am i permanently damaging my hearing ,when i disconect the airlines :open_mouth:
My ears been playing up lately so…

I put a decibelmeter app ,on my phone and went well over 75db… :unamused: pretty sure anything over 75db means hearing protection should be worn.

then wear some, may be you have very sensitive ears and as such may be you need to take extra care.

According to
dangerousdecibels.org/education/ … uidelines/
75dB is no more than a washing machine and there is no time factor in how long you can be subjected to that level of noise.

maestegboy:
The doctor told me ,most Hgv drivers suffer problems in their right ear due to driving with the window open. :open_mouth:

Not most but definitely some, and driving with the window open doesn’t cause deafness or any loss of hearing, it damages the nerves causing an uncontrollable twitch, it’s not permanent damage but takes a long time (years not months) for it to go and get back to normal.

Uncoupling airlines doesn’t cause any damage, if you’ve got sensitive ears then dump the air out of the system first or muffle the coupling with a rag or your other gloved hand.

Bluey Circles:

maestegboy:
Am i permanently damaging my hearing ,when i disconect the airlines :open_mouth:

I put a decibelmeter app ,on my phone and went well over 75db… :unamused: pretty sure anything over 75db means hearing protection should be worn.

then wear some, may be you have very sensitive ears and as such may be you need to take extra care.

According to
75dB is no more than a washing machine and there is no time factor in how long you can be subjected to that level of noise.

A washing machine makes a noise??

PrincessNetUK

the nodding donkey:

Bluey Circles:

maestegboy:

According to

A washing machine makes a noise??

Mine doesn’t, unless she’s moaning :laughing:

well if you drive a Scania then you can shove a couple of the tassels from your frilly curtains into your lugs !! :grimacing:

The sharp burst of noise can damage your hearing but there are far more things that have a much greater effect. Listening to the radio at a loud volume will do more damage. With sound, if it hurts then it’s doing damage.

Harry Monk:

OVLOV JAY:

I know what you mean. If anybody is really bothered about the noise of pulling a suzie off, they can always pump the footbrake until the air is purged from the system and the airlines will then pull apart silently… the driver might also arrange for somebody to put a big fluffy pink blanket at the base of his steps in case he slips while climbing out of the cab.

Cropped by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Try this lads.FOR HOOKING UP,NOT DROPPING!
The male dud coupling over the side marker light.(Not the female one on the catwalk)
No need to pump the foot pedal,as I believe this may lead to premature failure of the mechanism.Plug in the red line,it empties tanks in seconds,and shell slip on to the trailer coupling no problem. I have a tap on mine,so when driving,air wont escape.

:unamused: :unamused: :laughing:

Could look for a job driving rigids? :smiley:

muckles:

But what about repetitive strain injury from climbing in and out all day?

the nodding donkey:

muckles:

But what about repetitive strain injury from climbing in and out all day?

Get one of those Eco Cab low entry trucks, and as a plus point all cyclists will be your best friend and invite you round for tea. :smiley:

whiplash:

Harry Monk:

OVLOV JAY:

I know what you mean. If anybody is really bothered about the noise of pulling a suzie off, they can always pump the footbrake until the air is purged from the system and the airlines will then pull apart silently… the driver might also arrange for somebody to put a big fluffy pink blanket at the base of his steps in case he slips while climbing out of the cab.

The male dud coupling over the side marker light.(Not the female one on the catwalk)
No need to pump the foot pedal,as I believe this may lead to premature failure of the mechanism.Plug in the red line,it empties tanks in seconds,and shell slip on to the trailer coupling no problem. I have a tap on mine,so when driving,air wont escape.

Is this a joke?

Own Account Driver:

whiplash:

Harry Monk:

OVLOV JAY:

Is this a joke?

The whole bloody thread is, but once again reassuring in that the more normal of us here are almost guaranteed a job anywhere at any time we need one.

NURSE, more medication please.

Juddian:

Own Account Driver:
Is this a joke?

The whole bloody thread is, but once again reassuring in that the more normal of us here are almost guaranteed a job anywhere at any time we need one.

NURSE, more medication please.

Or Dozy has got an alias and is ■■■■■■■ himself after posting this and watching the fallout. :laughing:

whiplash:

Harry Monk:

OVLOV JAY:

No need to pump the foot pedal,as I believe this may lead to premature failure of the mechanism.Plug in the red line,it empties tanks in seconds,and shell slip on to the trailer coupling no problem. **I have a tap on mine,so when driving,air wont escape.**
[/quote]

If I tap on the airline, I might break a nail!