Taking coals to Newcastle

yeah, it’s nice to see that there is so many open minded people. And some other just keep shut, which is also good :slight_smile:

Money isn’t everything! Quality of your life is much more important,especially if you have a young family!
I’m off to China! It’s where the future is! :smiley:

Here’s my (tongue in cheek) take on it :laughing:

This is turning into quite an interesting thread.

I’ve known many Brits who’ve worked for Foreign companies. Even to the extent that the British drivers moved abroad to continue working.

I know many Ex-pat Brit drivers now living in Belgium. A good friend of mine goes regularly back to the UK with the Belgian company that he works for.

Most, if not all the Nedexco drivers ive met that tip in Birds Eye - Wisbech are Brits from talking to them in the outdoor shed LOL… Seem happy enough, no talk about wages or hours, just that they dont fuel up over here, have no fuel cards, lift/ship trailers at ports.

Thanks Geoffo,

It occured to me that if a driver really wanted to travel Europe in a truck he or she would find it easier to find the right kind of work if they were based in Central Europe.

I refuse to believe that every Polish truck firm on the road is manned by flip flop wearing drivers who can’t reverse and are paid peanuts. That kind of complacency has ruined British Industry in the past and there is no need to apply it to our own careers.

I’ll say again that I have been pleasantly surprised by the replies to this thread and I know it’s a slow burner but I look forward to more opinions.

W

Yeah, but as we can see from that thread, drivers who can’t reverse start to consider working for the Polish company seriously, LOL :slight_smile:

orys:
Yeah, but as we can see from that thread, drivers who can’t reverse start to consider working for the Polish company seriously, LOL :slight_smile:

If they can find Poland?

well, nowadays sat nav is very popular, so if only they won’t mix it with Holland they should make it :slight_smile: