Taking a leak on your wheel,legal or not?

We was always told that in the Smoke there was a law that had never been repelled that carters were allowed to pee against the front offside wheel.

I understand that there is still a law that hackney carriage’s should carry a sack of hay for the horse.

Balloonie.

Bewick:
Not just certain about this but there is supposed to be an unrepealed by law in Kendal which allows carters and others in charge of horse drawn vehicles to “relieve” themselves on the offside of their vehicle,it has to be the offside wheel though as it would frighten the Ladies if it was the nearside (well some of the ladies anyway :wink: ) Not just sure about mechanical driven vehicles though but I suppose a carter couldn’t leave his 'Orse or his team to go for a ■■■■ in private.That’s why I never envied the job of a Plate layer on BR,all that crap dumped at speed on the track :open_mouth: Cheers Bewick.

I was advised by the tyre fitter to put my finger over the end to soften the impact as I was slackening the wheel nuts. Joepipe3!

Legal or not,I did it regularly just to cool front drums down on me Marathon. :smiley:

Dave the Renegade:
A Bedford KM was the best for having a ■■■■■, lift the engine flap,drop the back half of the front mudguard, and stand inside with the engine running.
Anyone would think the lorry had a water leak. :wink:
Cheers Dave.

Nice and warm in the winter too!

Dipster:

Dave the Renegade:
A Bedford KM was the best for having a ■■■■■, lift the engine flap,drop the back half of the front mudguard, and stand inside with the engine running.
Cheers Dave.

Nice and warm in the winter too!

I was watching morning telly yesterday, the astronaut Tim Peake was confirming peeing on the bus wheel transporting them to the launch pad, apparently it was started with the Apollo missions, it immediately became a ritual for good luck on the flight, and is still practised to this day, though God knows how they get to their tadger through that space suit! Regards Kev :open_mouth: :open_mouth: pee.ess. :smiley: the female astronauts bring their contribution in a small bottle!!

When I started taking my young son on trips, after a few times and when we about to leave the house on another his younger sister asked ‘Dad can I not come with you?’ Quick as a flash my son said ‘Ah no you won’t be able to wee on the wheel’. I don’t know where he got that from ahem! I did take her with me a little later and she was brilliant helped me take the ropes off and fold the sheets, she took a real interest. Franky.

Geordielad:
When I started taking my young son on trips, after a few times and when we about to leave the house on another his younger sister asked ‘Dad can I not come with you?’ Quick as a flash my son said ‘Ah no you won’t be able to wee on the wheel’. I don’t know where he got that from ahem! I did take her with me a little later and she was brilliant helped me take the ropes off and fold the sheets, she took a real interest. Franky.

Hello Franky, how many of us took their kids with them in the school holidays?
Can you imagine the security jobsworths now if you pulled up at the gates with kids in the cab? When I worked for Waughs we had a big job from Clarke Chapman and Parsons to Littlebrook Power Station just the other side of the Dartford Tunnel, ( long before the bridge was built). Lots of these loads were wide, so a second man was needed, it was sometimes difficult to find anyone to commit to a couple of days away, so a couple of times I took my wife as second man. Oh yes also the youngest daughter (toddler) and the dog! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Never was a problem. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink: :wink: happy days. Regards Kev.
Ps. A bit tight for space in the 1418 merc :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ha aye Kev, all my school holidays were spent tramping with my Father, some delivery places were ok about kids back then and I got to look around places now long gone, I think only a couple of times Dad told me to hide below the screen when we went into somewhere. Rowntree’s was my favourite I always come out with a big bag of sweets and seeing how they were made was a real treat for a kid. Franky.

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

. Thats correct, But when one stood to zip up one bumped ones head , I know because did have KM Bedford :laughing: