TAILGATING.....New campaign

steviespain:
Every driver has a right to be on the motorway, and they all have the right to choose the speed at which they wish to travel.

Well they don’t really do they?.You can’t say a car doing 40mph on a motorway is a safe speed for them to travel at.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Keep apart two chevrons does bugger all, you get some prat in a car or van jumping in or out of them.

If a lorry is sat on someone’s bumper, it’s the someone who needs prosecution not the lorry,

There is a reason why foreign operators have the 60-70-80-90 permitted speed roundels on the trailer.

steviespain:
Every driver has a right to be on the motorway, and they all have the right to choose the speed at which they wish to travel.

When you are old enough to sit a driving test you will be taught correctly

daftvader:

steviespain:

Well they don’t really do they?.You can’t say a car doing 40mph on a motorway is a safe speed for them to travel at.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes they do unless there is a minimum speed limit restriction limit in force.Please try to learn the rules before spouting.

Wheel Nut:
Keep apart two chevrons does bugger all, you get some prat in a car or van jumping in or out of them.

If a lorry is sat on someone’s bumper, it’s the someone who needs prosecution not the lorry,

There is a reason why foreign operators have the 60-70-80-90 permitted speed roundels on the trailer.

Another lorry driver with a warped attitude wheel nut, or maybe I should just call you a nut. Nut.

Wheel Nut:

steviespain:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^+1
anyone driving at 40mph on a clear motorway should expect to be pulled and examined for drugs,drink,or blind myopia.

but it looks like thats the bestest best mates club ganging up on you now…be careful out there. :slight_smile:

Really,why is that? Please explain your sheer ignorance or maybe you have just worded things badly. Not 100% sure to be honest. :unamused:

Wheel Nut:

steviespain:

After reading some of your comments it sounds like you are the one that needs some driving tuition. Nut. :unamused:

dieseldog999:

Wheel Nut:

steviespain:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^+1
anyone driving at 40mph on a clear motorway should expect to be pulled and examined for drugs,drink,or blind myopia.

… and when they are found to be free of drugs, drink, or blind myopia, they will be allowed on their merry way…at 40mph, if they wish.

steviespain:

dieseldog999:

Wheel Nut:

steviespain:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^+1

… and when they are found to be free of drugs, drink, or blind myopia, they will be allowed on their merry way…at 40mph, if they wish.

Looks like you need to re-read the highway code (if you ever read it in the first place) you are obliged to make progress and keep with the flow of traffic travel sit at 30 mph under the speed limit on your test and you will fail.

aint life great when others shoot down the oposition for you due to the pish they post.
i suppose theres a difference in realtime driving, and then theres ps2 driving…i thank you… :smiley:

shot down in flames.jpg

As an X lorry driver (thank goodness) I see a problem with some lorry drivers these days.They are always in a hurry (fair enough) but don’t expect others to drive to suit your agenda.
Not everyone is in a hurry and not everyone has to go at the maximum speed limit. It is a limit and not a target as is said so often.
These car drivers seem to hugely irritate some of you and from what I read there seems to be very few professional comments on the subject.
Any car driver is quite entitled to sit at 50 to 60 mph on a motorway or dual carriageway and they are doing absolutetly nothing wrong apart from getting on the nerves of some idiot truck driver whose truck has a speed limiter and do not have the self control to adapt their driving to suit others.Instead some seem to try to intimidate cars by sitting dangerously close to the rear end of the said vehicle and then when they don’t have the power to overtake they pull out and hold everone up with their elephant racing.
Where have all the decent drivers gone?

Mazzer when was the last time you saw a car driving at 40 mph on a motorway? In nearly 50 years of driving I doubt I have under normal conditions.
You also seem to be confusing normal driving to that of sitting an LGV test. Do you know why you have to make progress on a driving test?

jakethesnake:
Mazzer when was the last time you saw a car driving at 40 mph on a motorway? In nearly 50 years of driving I doubt I have under normal conditions.
You also seem to be confusing normal driving to that of sitting an LGV test. Do you know why you have to make progress on a driving test?

The 40mph was steviespains example not mine however today coming down the M40 there was a car doing approx. 45mph in light rain while everyone else was doing a sensible speed so yes it does happen and 50mph is a regular occurrence. Go to the continent and you will see motorways being used correctly to get from A to B in as short as time as possible within the speed limit.

jakethesnake:

Really,why is that? Please explain your sheer ignorance or maybe you have just worded things badly. Not 100% sure to be honest. :unamused:

The lorry is limited to 56 mph (90kph)
A car can very easily get out of the lorries way, the car sat in the Centre lane at 54mph is causing the congestion

In Europe especially Germany there are many lanes marked with minimum speed limits and if you can’t maintain the speed on the sign you remain in your own lane. When the M1 opened with no maximum speed limit, it is safer to get out of someone’s way then hold it up by dawdling, it’s the same in a supermarket aisle.

jakethesnake:
As an X lorry driver (thank goodness) I see a problem with some lorry drivers these days.They are always in a hurry (fair enough) but don’t expect others to drive to suit your agenda.
Not everyone is in a hurry and not everyone has to go at the maximum speed limit. It is a limit and not a target as is said so often.
These car drivers seem to hugely irritate some of you and from what I read there seems to be very few professional comments on the subject.
Any car driver is quite entitled to sit at 50 to 60 mph on a motorway or dual carriageway and they are doing absolutetly nothing wrong apart from getting on the nerves of some idiot truck driver whose truck has a speed limiter and do not have the self control to adapt their driving to suit others.Instead some seem to try to intimidate cars by sitting dangerously close to the rear end of the said vehicle and then when they don’t have the power to overtake they pull out and hold everone up with their elephant racing.
Where have all the decent drivers gone?

They’re not entitled they’re presently unlikely to be fined or prosecuted - which was the case with middle lane hogging. It’s not a trucks and limiter issue it’s the speed differential to the average speed of all traffic.

They fall into two camps one lot whose driving is not of a competent enough standard to be using the motorway or they are penny pinching on fuel and both are selfish reasons to be endangering other road users by provoking thousands of needless overtakes.

An interesting post, and some interesting answers, what i find peculiar…is the fact that some need the police presence in order to drive correctly !!..The reason we have such strict rules of the road is because drivers dont adhere to the correct way of driving…phone fines have increased because of the amount of smashes while drivers are using them, so now in comes a 3 month driving ban…so lets hope this is increased yet again…there really is no excuse to use a phone whilst driving…and any company that wont fit a blue tooth in their vehicles should be just as much to blame, the same as ones who expect you to use your personal phone for their services…should be ignored.
Tailgating is a terrible way to a quick death…see the recent accidents across Germany to see what it produces…death and destruction, and mostly coupled with speed…to gain what exactly…a few minutes.
Its dangerous, and should have the book thrown at them if caught…technology is there , and its gonna be used…so expect the following to be posted. : I was travelling down the M42…M25…etc and was a bit close to the car in front, but thought nothing of it, i thought i saw a camera flash me, but wasnt sure…anyway 3 weeks later i received a N.I.P. accusing me of tailgating, and saying i will have to attend court…What should i do ?
Thats just one example. However many blame cars for going too slow…and i agree its very annoying trying to overtake when they suddenly increase their speed…a dangerous practice, of which there is no cure, but some have said, they shouldnt drive so slowly, maybe so, but as far as im aware there is no minimum speed ( used to be 30 mph ) and certainly 70 isnt a target..its a limit..but i believe that so many drivers have forgotten how to drive properly, which is why we now have disguised police vehicles on our roads, and recently a bus, from which the upstairs is used as a platform to spy on those breaking the law. I must admit that back when i first started there were no limiters, and not so much traffic..it was a pleisure when you saw another truck travelling towards you..especially on the trunk routes..way before motorways, but when they were introduced drivers thought it was the bees knees, especially truckers with no limiters..back in those days the truck really was a lot faster than the cars !! Having spent many years in the saddle i find nothing phases me..traffic jams..no problem with the auto boxes, delays..no problems cos im paid for them…slower vehicles…i will sit behind them till i can overtake, speed limits…i dont break them, on motorways i cant anyway…and i dont always make speed signs a target…i drive to where i am comfortable…what does worry me…are those who think they have the god given right, to tailgate me…headlights flashing, ( and the 12 spot lights ) and horns blaring…where i will not speed up, or pull into a layby just to let the idiots pass…my speed is always sufficient to suit road conditions, and i find i can get through the day stress free, and get home safely to my family.

truckyboy:
An interesting post, and some interesting answers, what i find peculiar…is the fact that some need the police presence in order to drive correctly !!..The reason we have such strict rules of the road is because drivers dont adhere to the correct way of driving…phone fines have increased because of the amount of smashes while drivers are using them, so now in comes a 3 month driving ban…so lets hope this is increased yet again…there really is no excuse to use a phone whilst driving…and any company that wont fit a blue tooth in their vehicles should be just as much to blame, the same as ones who expect you to use your personal phone for their services…should be ignored.
Tailgating is a terrible way to a quick death…see the recent accidents across Germany to see what it produces…death and destruction, and mostly coupled with speed…to gain what exactly…a few minutes.
Its dangerous, and should have the book thrown at them if caught…technology is there , and its gonna be used…so expect the following to be posted. : I was travelling down the M42…M25…etc and was a bit close to the car in front, but thought nothing of it, i thought i saw a camera flash me, but wasnt sure…anyway 3 weeks later i received a N.I.P. accusing me of tailgating, and saying i will have to attend court…What should i do ?
Thats just one example. However many blame cars for going too slow…and i agree its very annoying trying to overtake when they suddenly increase their speed…a dangerous practice, of which there is no cure, but some have said, they shouldnt drive so slowly, maybe so, but as far as im aware there is no minimum speed ( used to be 30 mph ) and certainly 70 isnt a target..its a limit..but i believe that so many drivers have forgotten how to drive properly, which is why we now have disguised police vehicles on our roads, and recently a bus, from which the upstairs is used as a platform to spy on those breaking the law. I must admit that back when i first started there were no limiters, and not so much traffic..it was a pleisure when you saw another truck travelling towards you..especially on the trunk routes..way before motorways, but when they were introduced drivers thought it was the bees knees, especially truckers with no limiters..back in those days the truck really was a lot faster than the cars !! Having spent many years in the saddle i find nothing phases me..traffic jams..no problem with the auto boxes, delays..no problems cos im paid for them…slower vehicles…i will sit behind them till i can overtake, speed limits…i dont break them, on motorways i cant anyway…and i dont always make speed signs a target…i drive to where i am comfortable…what does worry me…are those who think they have the god given right, to tailgate me…headlights flashing, ( and the 12 spot lights ) and horns blaring…where i will not speed up, or pull into a layby just to let the idiots pass…my speed is always sufficient to suit road conditions, and i find i can get through the day stress free, and get home safely to my family.

Maybe if the police got out and about in marked up cars then their visible presence would be a deterrent rather then hiding in buses and the like and catching people after the act, prevention is always better than cure, except in the UK because deterrence doesn’t bring in any money

Maybe cardboard cut outs with a real high viz flapping in the breeze would suffice… :smiley: :smiley: