TACHOGRAPHS

Bud143:
You will need to do your dcpc straight away before you drive a class 2 though.Its the drivers responsibility to know the rules and regs. If your not sure just look them up on line.Vosa do a “guide” to rules and regs now which thay gave me on my dcpc.

As far as I’m aware because OTTS had category C1 on his license by grandfather rights he has until 2014 to do the 35 hours of DCPC periodic training.

You could be correct i wasnt 100 percent

Bud143:
You will need to do your dcpc straight away before you drive a class 2 though.Its the drivers responsibility to know the rules and regs. If your not sure just look them up on line.Vosa do a “guide” to rules and regs now which thay gave me on my dcpc.

Not if he’s passed the car test before 1997, as he should have C1 on his license and therefore grandfather rights, ie no Initial DCPC (modules 2 or 4). only the 35 hours of Periodic DCPC to do before Sept 2014.

EDIT: Tachograph beat me to it :laughing:

My bad shout me now lol

Bud143:
My bad shout me now lol

Shout at you or shoot you ? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Shoot lol

I have had the infringemet sheets shown to me by my company and every month I seem to have about 3 I could of got fined for, so my guess is I’m still not fully understanding this

If I start work at 8:00am stick my card in and do both other work and only 2hours driving I always assumed I still had to take my 1st 45min break at 12:30pm that same day ?

I must admit I’m still not fully getting this, I do believe its because I and alot of others was ever trained on it

keebs26uk:
I have had the infringemet sheets shown to me by my company and every month I seem to have about 3 I could of got fined for, so my guess is I’m still not fully understanding this

If I start work at 8:00am stick my card in and do both other work and only 2hours driving I always assumed I still had to take my 1st 45min break at 12:30pm that same day ?

I must admit I’m still not fully getting this, I do believe its because I and alot of others was ever trained on it

No that’s not correct.

Working time is any time other than driving, POA or break, driving time is when you’re sat at the controls of the vehicle and the wheels are turning, the 45 minute driving break is exclusively for driving time so you must not exceed 4.5 hours driving time before having a break of 45 minutes.

The driving break can be split into two parts, the first part must be no less than 15 minutes and the second part must be no less than 30 minutes, both parts of a split driving break must be taken in that order 15 minutes then 30 minutes not the other way round.

For the RT(WT)R you should have a break of at-least 15 minutes before exceeding 6 hours working time (6 hour rule), this break can also count as the first part of a split driving break.

If you start work at 08:00 you should have a 15 minute break no later than 14:00 (WTD 6 hour rule), you must have the 45 minute driving break before exceeding 4.5 hours driving time if you reach that before reaching 6 hours working time.

None of this explains why you’re getting infringements every month, when you’re given an infringement sheet to sign it should have the reason for the infringement on the paper you’re asked to sign, also your TM is supposed to make sure you know what the infringement is for.

If you don’t know what the infringements are for I strongly advise you to find out next time you get one, if you don’t know what you’re doing wrong you’re never going to be able to correct your working practices.

If you have questions about drivers hours / tachograph regulations or the working time regulations I suggest you ask in the Safety and Working Time Directive Forum.

Here’s a link to the Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs which may help.

HTH :wink:

Wouldnt expect a scum fan to understand the law!

As long as you take a 15 minute break before 2 and a half hours you can take your remaining 30 minute break when 4 hours DRIVING time is up. You then have another 4 hours driving left (and six hours work time) before you have to take a 15 minute. Then you must take another 30 min before you get to 5 hours (if on extended driving time)

They should have told you this on your DCPC

Squiddy:
As long as you take a 15 minute break before 2 and a half hours you can take your remaining 30 minute break when 4 hours DRIVING time is up. You then have another 4 hours driving left (and six hours work time) before you have to take a 15 minute. Then you must take another 30 min before you get to 5 hours (if on extended driving time)

It’s 4 ½ hours driving you’re not allowed to exceed without a break not 4 hours :wink:

Also, regardless of having an extended driving day you cannot legally go over 4 ½ hours driving without a 45 minute break, go to 5 hours driving time before having the 45 minute break and you can expect an infringement.

Squiddy:

It’s as well they didn’t tell him that :wink:

tachograph:

Squiddy:

It’s 4 ½ hours driving you’re not allowed to exceed without a break not 4 hours :wink:

Also, regardless of having an extended driving day you cannot legally go over 4 ½ hours driving without a 45 minute break, go to 5 hours driving time before having the 45 minute break and you can expect an infringement.

Squiddy:

And your source for this is…?

Squiddy:

tachograph:

Squiddy:

Squiddy:

The source would be 561/2006.

I hope they didn’t teach you this nonsense on your DCPC course, if so you should demand a refund. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Squiddy:

tachograph:
~snip~

The source would be 561/2006.

I hope they didn’t teach you this nonsense on your DCPC course, if so you should demand a refund. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Or the Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs if you want an easier to read guide to the regulations :wink:

Hi I have a question,

Typical day

06.00 Drive to Amesbury and back about 4hrs driving.

11.00 45 min break back at base.
11.46 end break.

Drive to amesbury and on the way back stop for a 15 min break (WTD).

Clock out at 18.30.

This isn’t about driver hours just WTD. I have never had an infringment doing this, I have been told my 15 min break between 11.46 and 18.30 should be 30 mins to cover WTD.

Do you agree? I don’t, but I won’t turn down an extra 15 mins in the bunk :slight_smile:

Milk Man:
Hi I have a question,

Typical day

11.46 end break.

Clock out at 18.30.

This isn’t about driver hours just WTD. I have never had an infringment doing this, I have been told my 15 min break between 11.46 and 18.30 should be 30 mins to cover WTD.

Do you agree? I don’t, but I won’t turn down an extra 15 mins in the bunk :slight_smile:

There’s nothing wrong with what you’ve been doing, the 45 minute driving break covers you for the driving hours and the WTD, and the 15 minute break means you won’t be working over 6 hours without a break, you haven’t had an infringement because you’ve done nothing wrong.

Whoever told you that the 15 minute break should be 30 minutes is completely wrong, still as long as you’re happy to have another 15 minutes and you’re getting paid for it enjoy it :laughing:

tachograph:

Milk Man:
Hi I have a question,

Typical day

11.46 end break.

Clock out at 18.30.

There’s nothing wrong with what you’ve been doing, the 45 minute driving break covers you for the driving hours and the WTD, and the 15 minute break means you won’t be working over 6 hours without a break, you haven’t had an infringement because you’ve done nothing wrong.

Whoever told you that the 15 minute break should be 30 minutes is completely wrong, still as long as you’re happy to have another 15 minutes and you’re getting paid for it enjoy it :laughing:

I always got told it was a 30 min break after 6 hrs work

hgvcity.com/Regulations/Work … ective.htm

A break of 30 minutes is required for 6-9 hours work;

taffytrucker:

tachograph:

Milk Man:
Hi I have a question,

Typical day

11.46 end break.

Clock out at 18.30.

I always got told it was a 30 min break after 6 hrs work

I would say another way of putting it would be, 15 mins before 6 hours work and 30 mins total before 9 hours work.

Thanks tacohgrapgh, I will enjoy my 15 extra minutes until they realise I’m right.