Suttons Tankers Dispute

Just noticed you’re a Scouser :open_mouth:
Are you ‘‘The only Thatcherite in the village’’ by any chance.?

Janos:
Working for unionised labour led by some Trotskyite militant is not for all.

That bs stereotypical generalisation is as bad as the reds thinking that only they have the god given right to represent the interests of the working class.Check out the arguments between myself and Rjan and you’ll see that it’s possible to support the idea of union solidarity and militancy from two totally opposing ends of the political spectrum.In that supporting union solidarity and militancy isn’t mutually exclusive with also supporting Capitalism.On that note it’s the banker and employer class elites who are now closer to Chinese Communism than the US unions have ever been for example.

robroy:

Probably still gets the S*n…

albion:

Beetlejuice:
Well put ,Any jobs going :sunglasses:
I can see why you are a success … :smiley:

Double manning, hanging around Immingham docks for hours, no regular getting up times, you’d hate it beetle [emoji38]

Sounds like an average weekend for me…

Dipper_Dave:

albion:

Beetlejuice:
Well put ,Any jobs going :sunglasses:
I can see why you are a success … :smiley:

Double manning, hanging around Immingham docks for hours, no regular getting up times, you’d hate it beetle [emoji38]

Sounds like an average weekend for me…

You weren’t that old ■■■■■■ who used to hang out in ‘The Lock Inn’ on the dock were you Dave about 10 yrs ago.■■ :open_mouth:
:laughing:

Btw…Is that craphole still open ? :neutral_face:

robroy:
You weren’t that old ■■■■■■ who used to hang out in ‘The Lock Inn’ on the dock were you Dave about 10 yrs ago.■■ :open_mouth:
[emoji38]

Oi less of the old… :wink:
Closed now so I’m informed was this the place…

TiredAndEmotional:

robroy:

Isn’t that typical of those on the left. You are so low.

Janos:

TiredAndEmotional:

robroy:

:laughing:

Janos:

Absolutely, wouldn’t it be just awful if we earned the kind of money train drivers are on. :wink:

Janos:

TiredAndEmotional:

robroy:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

Janos:

Absolutely, wouldn’t it be just awful if we earned the kind of money train drivers are on. :wink:

Yer forgot,only working half the hours…that will ‘teach them a lesson’ :wink: for having a union …better pay and conditions

Dipper_Dave:

robroy:
[emoji38]

Oi less of the old… :wink:
Closed now so I’m informed was this the place…

Yeh that’s the one, I parked beside there many times.
There was some real characters in there. :open_mouth:
It was like a Jeremy Kyle full series reunion party. :laughing:

Now, now. A bit of balance please. Without big business where would our society be?
How would our pensions be paid?
Without BHS and Carillion to pay for our pensions, without stable companies for us to invest in, where would we be?
We’d be stood outside the Lock Inn or the Juniper Berry touting for work, doing owt for cash.

Instead of doing it for free.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Now, now. A bit of balance please. Without big business where would our society be?
How would our pensions be paid?
Without BHS and Carillion to pay for our pensions, without stable companies for us to invest in, where would we be?
We’d be stood outside the Lock Inn or the Juniper Berry touting for work, doing owt for cash.

Instead of doing it for free.

I should be OK. My pensions were through Woolworths & Palmer & Harvey.

Franglais:

Juniper Berry? :open_mouth:
‘The Lock Inn’ was bad enough,… you’ll be name checking the Aldgate ‘Red Lion’ and the Northampton ‘The Criterion’ next, …you’re showing your age mate ! :smiley: , and I thought it was just me on here who had frequented such past QUALITY establishments. :laughing:

robroy:

Franglais:

Juniper Berry? :open_mouth:
‘The Lock Inn’ was bad enough,… you’ll be name checking the Aldgate ‘Red Lion’ and the Northampton ‘The Criterion’ next, …you’re showing your age mate ! :smiley: , and I thought it was just me on here who had frequented such past QUALITY establishments. [emoji38]

Bit of local knowledge if you like:
Dockyard Doris from the J.B. was a worker at the local Coldeast Hospital. (S)he was a mental health nurse there.
And yeah, I am an old ■■■■. Thanks for the reminder. Red Lion at Aldgate was def a good’un though!

Does anyone know the outcome of this dispute?

TiredAndEmotional:

Yeh me and Franglais agreed that the Red Lion at Aldgate was the best. :laughing:
Sorry mate couldn’t resist :blush: … Don’t know the answer to your query btw.

TiredAndEmotional:

I believe the company threatened them with court action over the timescales from notification to strike action. However I don’t they had a great deal of time from being given the new contract to having to accept it.
My understanding the drivers affected were those left who’d been taken on from the previous company and were still on those T&C’s I suppose Sutton’s hoped they’d leave and could offer new drivers the same job at lower wages.
I know there were several people knocking their action, they seemed to think they had it good for enough years and now should be in the same boat as many others in haulage, but I think its a shame that yet another well paid job for ordinary working people should be lost for someone a long way up the ladder (maybe not even at Sutton’s) to get a massive bonus on the backs of others work. This,is not the politics of envy, I worked directly and indirectly for some of the wealthiest people around, but in return they pat me well.

muckles:

TiredAndEmotional:
This,is not the politics of envy, I worked directly and indirectly for some of the wealthiest people around, but in return they pat me well.

A friendly pat always raises the spirits. Tickle behind the ears too. Beats a big pay packet with loads of tax any day…:slight_smile: