Supermarket RDCs

you

Not that I would ever be so bold as to boast that anyone from the ‘big four’ would actually visit these forums and take notice of the contents but, :wink: word through the grapevine (do words actually travel through grapevines? - I suppose only when Charles is talking to his plants. :laughing: ) word through the grapevine is that Tesco are now monitoring turnaround times at both Snodland and Doncaster.

Precisely the sites which I highlighted above. :slight_smile:

In which case, I would also hope that the staff at Southampton have been informed of the praise offered as also, the Catering Manager/staff at Middleton.

My Depot, SF Tewkesbury, has a canteen, open until 2am… There is nothing to say 3rd party drivers cannot enter…
I imagine tho, that as it’s a ‘self-tip’ RDC, there isn’t any time to eat there…

Also SF Lea Green canteen isn’t closed off, altho, it’s been closed everytime i’ve been there recently (on nights), so it’s vending only, but you still have full access to the seating, microwaves, and TV’s… There’s even internet access in the corner… !!!

HTH’s

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Apologies for being slightly off course, but being a “foreigner” now and working out of Spain I occasionally have the poor luck to be sent to the UK.

Many years ago i worked RDCs for Safeway, Excel, and Salvesens and it would seem that little has changed in the past 15 years - drivers still treated with sheer contempt.

It is however unsuprising given the way in which drivers are treated throughout the UK, on this trip I had to deliver to a paper warehouse in Milton Keynes, the first thing I saw was a large handwritten sign on the goods in window stating “NO PHONE, NO FAX, NO TOILETS, NO SHOWERS”

Thank god i only go to UK once in a blue moon - in Europe nothing is too much trouble for most places, and the health and safety isnt OTT either.

at somerfields bridgewater they have put a notice on the goods in window saying outside drivers cannot use the canteen and have withdrawn drinks facilites " due to vandalism" even though its right in front of the goods in area and window. :unamused:

but are quite happy for you to que around the block whilst they unload one truck at a time with four unloading bays :smiling_imp:

jon