Struggling with class 1 test

stu675:
You can’t help some people.
Free accommodation. C to C E would be easy in 4 days.

whoa whoa whoa
i’m not saying it’s impossible just that i have to find the peace in between my shifts and it’s not immediate.

Pete S:
This sounds like yet another of the endless stream of folk who have inadvertently booked with an unprofessional, unskilled “instructor”. I use inverted commas deliberately as these characters cannot reasonably claim to be instructors.

Maybe it’s time for me to point out, again, that there is NO legal requirement for someone giving tuition (I avoid the term instructor) to be qualified except holding the licence. This isn’t the case with cars and it’s madness that it’s how it is with trucks. There have been arguments that the trainee “can already drive”. This has limited value when transferring from a Fiesta to 44 tonne artic. Yes, some value, but there’s such a lot that’s totally different and has to be taught in a coherent, organised and structured manner.

There are two registers for LGV instructors. One is NRI and the other is National Vocational Driving Instructors Register. I would strongly recommend checking to see if your trainer is on one of these registers. Just ask your prospective trainer for evidence. If they cant produce, it’s possible they are not registered. To get there, there will have passed a number of exams, tests and assessments and performance is monitored.

I will point out, however, that some perfectly good trainers do not appear on either register. That is their choice for whatever reason.

Anyone using PSTT will be guaranteed a fully trained and registered instructor. Apart from the NVDIR audit system, the PSTT system (which I personally put in place) keeps a very close eye on performance levels.

Hope this helps, Pete S

It helps a lot.
But i do not want to engage a fight on “Which school is better, mine is better yours is rubbish” as i already got bad experiences and my first school had an instructor which seriously made my life impossible and let’s say was teaching me “his own way” but making me ballistic nervous that’s no good.
So how DVSA allows these school to operate ? Another question : is it possible to have drive test with another school having done couple/uncouple with another?

Marktrucker:
[qu.
So how DVSA allows these school to operate ?
Another question : is it possible to have drive test with another school having done couple/uncouple with another?

1. Did you not read Pete’s post? DVSA take no interest in schools. I could open a school tomorrow and I only passed this year. It’s up to you to find a good one, with our help [emoji57]
  2. Absolutely yes.

stu675:

Marktrucker:
[qu.
So how DVSA allows these school to operate ?
Another question : is it possible to have drive test with another school having done couple/uncouple with another?

1. Did you not read Pete’s post? DVSA take no interest in schools. I could open a school tomorrow and I only passed this year. It’s up to you to find a good one, with our help [emoji57]
  2. Absolutely yes.

Can i make names of driving schools on the forum to look for advice or is that forbidden ?

Not forbidden

Many schools have been recommended on here in THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW but there no dates as to when they were recommended

Remember you can get a recommended school which has many instructors of which one could be - not a good one :exclamation:

ROG:
Many schools have been recommended on here in THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW but there no dates as to when they were recommended

Remember you can get a recommended school which has many instructors of which one could be - not a good one :exclamation:

Pretty surprised both the school i went to failing are not listed… maybe just a case…
Anyway nothing for London/Berkshire?