Buzzer

Buzzer

325779166_880569096618612_6487715331143957617_n.jpg

I believe these were taken in Inverness 1963

367MPT.jpg

367%20MPT%20Inverness-1963-Eddie%20Worthington_edited-1.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

The Austin Westminster looks great unlike its retrograde BMC counterparts.

Carryfast:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Fine looking beast, I agree; but give me the Maxi to its left any day! :laughing:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

UNION STREET, ABERDEEN, 1973
Aberdeen City Corporation buses all Daimler back then.
Oily

At Bury Cliff Farm Elton Derbys. 2012, credit to Graham Horn for the photo.
Oily

ERF-NGC-European:

Carryfast:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Fine looking beast, I agree; but give me the Maxi to its left any day! :laughing:

Obviously BMC agreed that its customers preferred 4 cylinders and front wheel drive and didn’t care what it looks like.The rest is history.
I’d happily swap you a Maxi for a Westy.

Carlton Road Nottingham and Broadmarsh Nottingham

Wellington st . Swindon

oiltreader:
At Bury Cliff Farm Elton Derbys. 2012, credit to Graham Horn for the photo.
Oily

David, our old vintage club secretarys lorry, ex Knight Brothers of Rowsley and fitted with a 6LW for drawbar work although it never towed a trailer. Now in the ownership of Shephards from Evesham as with no power steering it became hard work to drive for David. nmp.

Pete.

Buzzer

P1080708 (2).JPG

ERF-NGC-European:

Carryfast:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I had a 10 year old rotting Maxi in the early 80s. With the auto box and 1750 it was a capable and comfortable car. Shame it was so ugly and gained a bad rep by being launched as a project car. Light years ahead of most cars on the road in the early 70s.

oiltreader:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

UNION STREET, ABERDEEN, 1973
Aberdeen City Corporation buses all Daimler back then.
Oily

They still had a large fleet of Leyland Atlanteans, Nationals and AEC Swifts in 1973.

Bishopstown County Cork with the handbrick on.
Oily

essexpete:

ERF-NGC-European:

Carryfast:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I had a 10 year old rotting Maxi in the early 80s. With the auto box and 1750 it was a capable and comfortable car. Shame it was so ugly and gained a bad rep by being launched as a project car. Light years ahead of most cars on the road in the early 70s.

I had four in a row: all 1750s with the then new (and novel) 5-speed manual 'boxes. Lovely cars to drive and stacks of room inside. I got eleven bales of straw in one of them! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Quayside Newcastle.
quayside 1 (2).jpg

Quayside Newcastle.

Quarry Hill Flats, Leeds, 1940s with Appleyard’s filling station in the middle of the island and one of Bouts Tillotson’s AEC Mammoth Major vans approaching from Regent Street.