Strapping Down - urgent and sensible replies please

I’d be pulling up at the car park when I exited the yard and grabbing half a dozen of the straps I keep in the car boot & go OTT with straps if the TM didn’t provide me with enough to do the job.

^^^^^^^this :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

One way to deal with this next time is to simply complete a defect note, ‘‘Only one ratchet strap with vehicle, X number needed for load security’’.

Then hand that in, they then either have to sign the vehicle off as one strap being enough, or, as will be the case, ensure the vehicle has enough.

You have to get awkward with people like this whilst not actually refusing to do the job, they do not like things in writing, it shifts at least some of the responsibility onto them.

If they won’t allow you to complete a defect note, then write words to that effect on your paperwork, dated and timed and if possible a name, any VOSA or other problems later in the day, show that to the VOSA bod, he’ll be very interested and you have done everything possible.

There’s some bloody numbskulls running the job in some places.

All these straps that people have in the car boots should be in the lorries or trailers where they are needed, unless the driver has bought his own straps, this is part of the problem when you pick up a different motor!

first of all you should be leaving more than 2-3 second from a vehicle in front when youre in a truck.

secondly, strap the hell out of the last one, the rest can only fall forward, do your curtains up ridiculously tight.

beattun:
secondly, strap the hell out of the last one, the rest can only fall forward, do your curtains up ridiculously tight.

Forwards towards the headboard then into the cab with the potential to crush the driver ■■?