Strapping down loads

Hi Guys - just registered - V slick looking site.
Saw you mentioned on another driving forum (Hi Rog) where a few HGV questions keep coming up.
Still fairly new to HGV driving (Class 2 working nights for 2 years) but fancied a career change after 20 years in an office.
Into road safety & member of Rospa ADA.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if any laws are being broken by driving with the rear shutter up, tail lift in vertical ? It has obviously H&S issues should a load come loose but I (we) can’t think of an offence.

Cheers

Jab:
Hi Guys - just registered - V slick looking site.
Saw you mentioned on another driving forum (Hi Rog) where a few HGV questions keep coming up.
Still fairly new to HGV driving (Class 2 working nights for 2 years) but fancied a career change after 20 years in an office.
Into road safety & member of Rospa ADA.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if any laws are being broken by driving with the rear shutter up, tail lift in vertical ? It has obviously H&S issues should a load come loose but I (we) can’t think of an offence.

Cheers

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Jab :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you if you decide to go for CE in the future :smiley: :smiley:

As for the rear shutter - there is no specific offence being committed but, as you say, should the fact that the shutter is open, cause a problem to another road user then that could be punishable.

look in the useful tips forum and also
in the EURO POSTS sticky ,where there is a few
links to lashing loads sites well worth a look at.
this post might help you please have a read of the complete
postsLINK

Cheers guys.
Rog - I took & failed my C&E twice ! First time the examiner reckon I failed to spot a pedestrian on my near side (on pavement) when pulling away at lights. I did see but didn’t think it worthy - bit peeved at that.
Second time, I hit the n/s cone driving forward, when doing the reverse exercise ! More peeved at that !!
Ran out of £ after that !

Jab:
Cheers guys.
Rog - I took & failed my C&E twice ! First time the examiner reckon I failed to spot a pedestrian on my near side (on pavement) when pulling away at lights. I did see but didn’t think it worthy - bit peeved at that.
Second time, I hit the n/s cone driving forward, when doing the reverse exercise ! More peeved at that !!
Ran out of £ after that !

I hope you find the ££££s soon as it seems you are ready to pass it.

Hey you - start your own flippin thread!!!

steamer:
Hey you - start your own flippin thread!!!

Apologies if your thread has been hijacked before being fully answered :blush: :blush: :blush:

It’s a bit off thread but I’ve got a whole plant related blog about loading and securing stuff with chains and the like.

It’s the toolbox blog in my sig.

8wheels:
It’s a bit off thread but I’ve got a whole plant related blog about loading and securing stuff with chains and the like.

It’s the toolbox blog in my sig.

Jusr read it - I would say that it is not that far off topic - the jist of this thread is about how to secure loads :smiley: