Stobarts Take Home Pay?

I don’t actually keep a check on my hours…don’t check my wage slip,either.
I earn more than I spend…in a job that I quite enjoy.

Life sorted

happysack:
Just a thought here. Not really connected to stobarts, but are the drivers who complain about doing loads of hours the same type of driver that waste half their day hanging round coffee machines, moaning to any [zb] that’ll listen about how [zb] everything is? Maybe if they wanted a couple of extra hours off at night they could crack on and do a days work.

I had the misfortune to fuel up at the fleece this week. Is it compulsory to hang around the Costa machine and shout really loudly about how much of a super trucker they really are? Bell ends.

IF that’s aimed at me then your talking your normal drivel , I don’t bloodynstop because I want to be parked up a s a p , 12 hrs is more that enough for me but what happens I get back to Goole done for day , only for a bloody load to Chesterfield to be stuck on me which takes me upto scraping into a layby on 617 with mins left on a 15 , actually I should be one of those who have a coffee break every 5 mins then by the time I’d of got to Goole from t- port I wouldn’t have time to do any thing else
Anyway what are you doing at midnight , I’ll be on my way to bells hill , enjoy your bloody bed :unamused:

commonrail:
I don’t actually keep a check on my hours…don’t check my wage slip,either.
I earn more than I spend…in a job that I quite enjoy.

Life sorted

I do and noticed I was over £100 short on expenses , my fault but as tired I’d wrote all details of expenses down other than my name , sat on desk not sure who’s it was , so if I’d of not looked at pay slip id of been none the wiser ,always check pay slips

the nodding donkey:
But I’m at home 4 days in a row, and only work 4 days. I love the time off, and spending time with my missus. But if that situation was to chance, I’d be back on tramping, maxing my hours.

Ditto! Apart from I work nights (by choice)

It’s sad. I don’t mean to have a pop at anyone, but reading some posts above and on other threads, there’s too many folk who don’t care about the hourly rate as long as there’s plenty of hours. Crazy. This logic means the employer could reduce the rate and up the hours and the driver would still be happy. … oh wait, that’s already happened.

cheekymonkey:
It’s sad. I don’t mean to have a pop at anyone, but reading some posts above and on other threads, there’s too many folk who don’t care about the hourly rate as long as there’s plenty of hours. Crazy. This logic means the employer could reduce the rate and up the hours and the driver would still be happy. … oh wait, that’s already happened.

Iv always tried to do the opposite, minimum hours on maximum rate.

Although we always do a lot on day rate, i dont mind being weekended away in europe, in a hotel still getting paid.

The joys of not doing general.

Concretejim:

cheekymonkey:

Iv always tried to do the opposite, minimum hours on maximum rate.

Although we always do a lot on day rate, i dont mind being weekended away in europe, in a hotel still getting paid.

The joys of not doing general.

Tdf I was driving for 8yrs before I got my current job that pays me more a year now for 40hrs average compared to all my previous jobs that were in the 60+hrs group, plenty of hotel time on some jobs, this week im off till Thursday and then im in a Premier Inn for 2 nights in London to do 1 day of work :laughing:

cheekymonkey:

Possibly you were thinking of me? Readiñg through my post I said I knew how much I’d be earning in a year. I’m salaried, so I don’t need to chase overtime or owt. As I go away I honestly don’t much care if I’m driving or sitting manicuring my nails. I’m luckier than many because I’m not told when to start, I’m given a week’s work and get on with it.
I’m not taking any offence at your post, and maybe you weren’t thinking of me at all, but that’s how the job works for me.
Maybe that explains why I for don’t look at hourly rates too hard.
[emoji3]
Note: not a sad face!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I was at Appleton 2010/11 ish I was clearing 1350 every two weeks, doing Thursday to Monday tramping

Well I’m in a quandary, I’ve got the choice of parking up in one of our local yards on a 13 or cracking on and pulling a 15.

Due to my philosophy of not doing to much of tomorrow’s work today and banking an 11 off early doors think I’m going for an early park up.

Barely even notice my hours these days one week I’m doing 65 the next 80 plus with a Saturday. Hourses for courses I just like to drive trucks.

‘Never mind the rate how many hours can I get in’, is my moto.
As well as: ’ Just Oops it into the wrongun if you can get away with it’.

Dipper_Dave:
Well I’m in a quandary, I’ve got the choice of parking up in one of our local yards on a 13 or cracking on and pulling a 15.

Due to my philosophy of not doing to much of tomorrow’s work today and banking an 11 off early doors think I’m going for an early park up.

Barely even notice my hours these days one week I’m doing 65 the next 80 plus with a Saturday. Hourses for courses I just like to drive trucks.

I hear ya brother dipper, I have come up with a great method of maxing out your hours, I have devised and modified my microwave to sleep in. I can now get 9 hrs rest in 30 mins.

UKtramp:

Dipper_Dave:

I hear ya brother dipper, I have come up with a great method of maxing out your hours, I have devised and modified my microwave to sleep in. I can now get 9 hrs rest in 30 mins.

:laughing: :laughing:
You’re a prat, but that is funny. .

the nodding donkey:

UKtramp:

Dipper_Dave:

:laughing: :laughing:
You’re a prat, but that is funny. .

I wish he would cook himself :laughing:

cheekymonkey:
This logic means the employer could reduce the rate and up the hours and the driver would still be happy. … oh wait, that’s already happened.

…Which is what our place have just tried to do last week…! :imp:

Take us off 4 on 4 off and put us all on 5 on 2 off for only an extra £40 ish A WEEK!!!

A whole extra day’s graft for £40…■■?

Goldfinger:

cheekymonkey:
This logic means the employer could reduce the rate and up the hours and the driver would still be happy. … oh wait, that’s already happened.

…Which is what our place have just tried to do last week…! :imp:

Take us off 4 on 4 off and put us all on 5 on 2 off for only an extra £40 ish A WEEK!!!

A whole extra day’s graft for £40…■■?

but your happy to spend 11 hrs ( a shift really ) in a Lorry for apx £30 , and you say the ones of us who don’t want to do it are moaner/ groaners :exclamation: :exclamation: