Stobart assement

eagerbeaver:

Djdanj89:
I lasted 1 month in Stobarts, that was 3 weeks ago. Pushed to do 12-15hr shifts and told I have to take a reduced rest.

Told you it was crap :wink:

You did, luckily I was able to find something close to home and better money.

I think the reason some drivers give Stobarts a bashing is because of the TV program and in a way I agree. It makes the Stobart drivers look like there job is so hard and so skillful when in reality it is just like any other drivers job.
I agree with you though UK tramp Stobbies drivers do seem to be a cut above some of the rest. Is it their training or are they selective about who they take on?
It is nice to see a Company take pride in their vehicles and their drivers though.

Colin what was wrong with the Management? I have heard they are very fair if you are fair with them.

bobbya:
I really thought you would be above all this,never mind hope you enjoy it ,good luck.

How do you mean bobbya, I have never worked for them before but I went along and it didnā€™t seem so bad, just wanting an easy number over winter

Dr Damon:
I think the reason some drivers give Stobarts a bashing is because of the TV program and in a way I agree. It makes the Stobart drivers look like there job is so hard and so skillful when in reality it is just like any other drivers job.
I agree with you though UK tramp Stobbies drivers do seem to be a cut above some of the rest. Is it their training or are they selective about who they take on?
It is nice to see a Company take pride in their vehicles and their drivers though.

Colin what was wrong with the Management? I have heard they are very fair if you are fair with them.

You are a wind up merchant,behave yourself!!

UKtramp:

bobbya:
I really thought you would be above all this,never mind hope you enjoy it ,good luck.

How do you mean bobbya, I have never worked for them before but I went along and it didnā€™t seem so bad, just wanting an easy number over winter

Are you going to be based out of Appleton?

UKtramp:

bobbya:

Like I said good luck,enjoy.

bobbya:

Dr Damon:

You are a wind up merchant,behave yourself!!

Moi never!

Dr Damon:

Well to be honest D_D I was impressed at the way they conducted the assessment and in all fairness as I am an experienced tramper driver I found it easy, but if a new pass or a sloppy driver did the assessment I can see that it would be more difficult than they probably expect it to be. Apparently agency staff do not have to undertake the assessment and the trainer told me that they have high standards for their own drivers, I had no reason to disbelieve him.

Djdanj89:

UKtramp:

bobbya:

Are you going to be based out of Appleton?

No out of Goole, I have to attend the academy for two days at Appleton, I will tramp out of Doncaster and day work out of Goole.

Djdanj89:

Was you employed as agency or employed direct?

UKtramp:

Djdanj89:

I was direct, Agency get priority over direct and get paid more.

Djdanj89:

UKtramp:

Djdanj89:

I was direct, Agency get priority over direct and get paid more.

This isnā€™t sounding so great now, I turned down a heavy haulage job for this one.

I presume this is a wind up?

Djdanj89:
I presume this is a wind up?

No wind up, I am deadly serious

UKtramp:

Colin_scottish:
You have been fed some bs i spent a year and a half at stobarts and i left because of management.You have been fed some total bull and the stores are not as bad as you think.

So is the job good in your opinion Collin, I would rather hear it from the horses mouth so as to speak rather than hear say.

The first week you will get no hassel after that your just another bum on a seat and thats all management want they dont care about drivers only there bonus and i would not recommend them to anybody.

Colin_scottish:

UKtramp:

Colin_scottish:
You have been fed some bs i spent a year and a half at stobarts and i left because of management.You have been fed some total bull and the stores are not as bad as you think.

So is the job good in your opinion Collin, I would rather hear it from the horses mouth so as to speak rather than hear say.

The first week you will get no hassel after that your just another bum on a seat and thats all management want they dont care about drivers only there bonus and i would not recommend them to anybody.

Oh this can only end badly from the sounds of it.

UKtramp:

Colin_scottish:

UKtramp:

Colin_scottish:

Oh this can only end badly from the sounds of it.

Who took you on your assessment?

Djdanj89:

Mark from the Goole depot. he lives in Leeds

UKtramp:

Djdanj89:

Mark from the Goole depot. he lives in Leeds

Do they run fridge trailers ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

James.908:

UKtramp: