Stealing from your Employer

Winseer:
He was stealing from his Employer’s client rather than from his employer.

It has been decades since any money in the back of a security van “was the employer’s”… Anyone here rememeber when a security van used to turn up with actual pay packets? - A brown evelope with actual cash money and a payslip handed over to staff who’d file in line to receive their pay on payday?

I think every other episode of the sweeny featured some sort of wages blag with the security type van you mentioned :stuck_out_tongue:

Winseer:

It has been decades since any money in the back of a security van “was the employer’s”… Anyone here rememeber when a security van used to turn up with actual pay packets? - A brown envelope with actual cash money and a payslip handed over to staff who’d file in line to receive their pay on payday?

hehe, yeah, started to get paid in cash in '72…“Pay and paybook correct Sir” Smart salute, pace backwards, about turn, ■■■■ off to the N.A.A.F.I. :smiley:
'75, we all were made to open bank accounts, monthly paid. Just wasn’t the same as the brand new pound note and a shiny 50p coin in yer hand though.

Maybe he had read the book about the original securicur robbery in the early 90’s,
He took £1.2 mill then went on the run for 20 yrs across America.
Think the book was called fast Eddie

WhiteTruckMan:

Winseer:

It has been decades since any money in the back of a security van “was the employer’s”… Anyone here rememeber when a security van used to turn up with actual pay packets? - A brown evelope with actual cash money and a payslip handed over to staff who’d file in line to receive their pay on payday?

I think every other episode of the sweeny featured some sort of wages blag with the security type van you mentioned :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t we all miss the “Cops and Robbers” gig, with the obligatory “punch in the face” from arresting DI Reagan…

…Or has it now faded into the legend of “Gene Hunt”?

Johnny Cash had the right idea
youtube.com/watch?v=ws-_syszg84

There was a case a few years ago where this secretary/personal assistant of a high flying city trader was trousering a bit of cash to the tune of half a million. She was a general organiser and fixer, sorting out his social calendar, buying wifey birthday presents and arranging kids parties on his behalf.
The best part was that he didn’t ever miss the money. It was an accountant who was carrying out an audit, it had been going on for 5 years ish.
She got porridge, can’t remember how much. She should have got a medal.

sent using smoke signals

WhiteTruckMan:
When I think about how much money my previous employer (canute) stole from me in terms of my pension payments, both their contributions and mine going into their pockets despite wageslips showing deductions for pension, I really wish I’d stolen from them too, as they have gutted my retirement plans and then buggered off to Australia. None of them are likely to face justice though. Best I can hope for is for them to do a Maxwell. :imp: :imp: :imp:

Yes, they have shafted me as well. As well as all of the drivers from our depot.

Those that are younger will probably recover in time, I’m still working out how to proceed in order to get my pension build back up with the 2 years lost contributions.