Starting out, need advice!

Harry Monk:
claim EVERYTHING possible against earnings (if I pay 60p to park my car when I’m down town posting my weekly invoice I’ll claim that)

being a lowly eastern european I can’t really comprehend this. why on earth would you need to post something by regular mail in the year 2015?

I trust you will remember that £375 per week is £19,500 per year.My own unit ,10 years old,1million+k’s and worthless earns me a rather excellent living
each week because mainly the work I do.That is the key,quality work for someone that WILL pay and since I go to France each week derv at 68ppl,nett
helps, indeed is the icing on the cake.But could you buy a unit today when money has never been cheaper,did suggest a while ago to my accountant
that I could rent a unit if need be…he went ape.But good luck,I have been an OD for 36 years now,good times and bad,all good since the lorry was
paid for,8 years raking it in despite a couple of hefty bills.

Calm your passions, I asked opinions on the NL, not that I was buying one, thought that was obvious from the unit hire prices discussed.

The idea of the hire instead of buying is due to the maintenance costs and breakdown cover etc instead of having unexpected big bills to pay, this way the budget stays roughly the same.

As for not paying tax etc, the accountant I have isn’t cheap and keeps everything above board, hopefully ill follow suit and not have to pay tax but we’ll see.

I’m keeping it simple fellas, the accounts are sorted, the unit and trailer sorted, O licence sorted and funds in the bank to please the TC. Everything legal and affordable with the contracts I have gained. The profit margins will not be huge but profit is profit, its not working at a loss.

Do us all a favour, keep the discussion on point, obviously the jokes and sense of humour are lost on a few people.

For the decent advice given, I say thank you.

Good luck to everyone, stay safe.

Thanks again.

Ps if anyone wants the details of the company PM me as I read something about advertising, om not doing that but happy to help if you want the number.

Its ok for you to post who you are renting the truck off , its the truck rental company themselves who couldnt post the deal

milodon:

Harry Monk:
claim EVERYTHING possible against earnings (if I pay 60p to park my car when I’m down town posting my weekly invoice I’ll claim that)

being a lowly eastern european I can’t really comprehend this. why on earth would you need to post something by regular mail in the year 2015?

I need to post back the original proofs of delivery anyway so I post the invoice along with them.

Contracts now thats a good one …trouble with lorries is there is always someone who will come along and do it cheaper …very difficult to get a written one and a verbal one ain’t worth a bucket of ■■■■…

Regarding to Corporation Tax. Does not it work in this way that as long as you have company expenses for the same amount as Corporation Tax - you will not pay it at all?

If you are strating out the do not spend loads on a truck and massive finance as this willl break you later.

Get a second hand truck and use it in light loads , don t go ■■■■■■■ heavy containers or it will break you.

Just really contain costs and work all the hours god sends and you will be fine, but stay legal on the hours

It s not that hard as I did it. :slight_smile:

Stokey trucker

Cheers fellas,

Gone to town on research, cash flow, income / expenditure, worst -best and average case scenario’s, everything down to the paper for digi card print out paper! Taken onboard all advice and it looks good, time to take the step and work my ■■■ off!!

Cheers to all, thanks again!!