Starting CAT C Training Today

Day 4 over and after two mock tests, I am realising just how bad my general driving is. The one fault I was accumulating on was blindspots and mirrors. Averaged 20 driver faults :frowning:

Not looking good for tomorrow unless I can pull it off by skin of my teeth :frowning:

I now have fingers and toes and all other extremities crossed that I can give a good drive tomorrow

Dean

Deanā€¦
The best thing to do is stay calm, dont panicā€¦you will be fineā€¦
Good luck for tomorrow.

Donā€™t worry about it mate, just try and stay calm. Itā€™s much easier when youā€™re on the test to clear your head and focus on what you should be doing as youā€™re not chinwagging with the instructor. Fingers crossed for you, good luck!

Sounds like itā€™s going well for you so far. Blindspots and mirrors are not my strong point either, although Iā€™ve got the hang of the 4 over 4 gearbox now, I just got to remember to use the mirrors more before a manoeuvre and check mirrors and blindspots before pulling away everytime.
Iā€™m starting at midday tomorrow so Iā€™ll manage to get a lie in hopefully!

Hi dar1976, keep a level head on your shoulders - stay calm & youā€™ll be fine. Have you run through the show me tell me Questions :question: (there easy) Good Luck for your test :smiley:

Well Today is D-Day. Fingers crossed. Thanks for all your support and hopefully good news before lunch time.

Dean

Good luck Dean Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be fine just remember everything you got wrong in your mocks and donā€™t let nerves get the better of you!

Should be nearly over now fingers crossed for you

best of luck

Jennie x

Well I got through it with everyone still in one piece and the lorry was undamaged. The reverse I took a shunt on but then got it spot on. The controlled stop was ok although I skidded a little. Out onto the roads and a good drive

Back to the centre an hour later andā€¦

6 faults !!!

Unfortunately 3 of them were serious. 1 was for a roll back of about 6 inches (if that) and then an accumulation serious for inefficient use of mirrors. Finally I pulled up opposite a driveway for downhill start. Just a few issues with finding right gear which gave me a couple of minors. So all in all a fairly good drive with a couple of silly errors. They have booked me in for 4 hours on 22nd October and then a retest on 26th. So not long till I get fireworks too :slight_smile: !!

Dean

Unlucky Dean but you donā€™t seem too downbeat about it which is good. Just got to dust yourself off and try again. Good luck for next time and be sure to let us know how it goes!

Bad luck but as has been said you dont seem to down about it but you now know what to expect & like you said a few silly things which can easy be sorted just remember you only have to prove to the examiner that you can drive control & be aware of your surroundings with the size of the vehicle

Good luck for 26 th hope it goes well & sensible having a ew more hrs before test

i know how you feel as i have just started training but it sounds to me like you can actually drive and its just simple things that have failed you , this is a good thing as simple things are easy to rectify, just focus on them and keep your other driving on a level and before you know it you will pass

not giving up. Just gotta work on the silly mistakes. Itā€™ll make me a better lorry driver :slight_smile:

Good luck mikey with your training. Hope you get the result you want.

Dean

So sorry on the result but u do sound positive so u will do it next time the very best of luck for ur next test u will know what to expect then jx

Thatā€™s a bugger mate. No bother, at least you know where youā€™ve gone wrong and itā€™s a fair cop. I failed my first one for overtaking and for planning/awareness. Apparently I undertook someone which I never even realised I did. Asked the examiner to explain where Iā€™d commited these offences but his answers were a little ā€˜vagueā€™ ā€¦ :confused: Second one I shagged up fair and square but thatā€™s for another day :grimacing:

So sorry to read that you didnt get your pass, why the gap between 4 hours on the 22 oct & the retest on 26 - will you have a few hours driving on the day of your next test, or have they booked a very early morning test :question: -( just , maybe a different time of day may suit you better). Fingers & toes still crossed for your next test, Good luck Dean :wink:

I get an hour before the test as well so no bother really. Still not getting in a tizz over it. I failed fair and square and I will get through it on 26th

Dean

just a small tip ,donā€™t worry if gear changes arenā€™t spot on when you first get in the vehicle ā€¦it isnā€™t you ā€¦the ZF box can be a bit tight when cold

Passed Tuesday morning. 8 minors. Just gotta do Module 4.

Any advice would be greatful on studying for and passing it.

Dean

Get back in the saddle and go again.

Good luck

hgvlgvtraining